Old 04-08-2013, 04:19 PM   #1  
Lose 1lb. Repeat 99 times

S/C/G: 262/signature/170

Height: 5'5"

Unhappy scared of failing...

Just having a moment of self doubt.....

I really want to lose weight.. and I know I am on the right track.. it is a slow process isn't it ?? I am just scared of failing at this.. What if I put in all this effort & change my lifestyle and 6 months later nothing changes??

I WANT to do this. I AM doing it. I just hope I see results !!

I will, won't I ?
nitrus29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 04:23 PM   #2  

Just keep looking at your profile picture and logging in to talk to us and that's half the battle.

If you put the changes and effort in for the 6 months you wrote about, you are GUARANTEED to see changes. I'd even say you'd see changes (not necessarily weight) in 2-4 months. If you start watching your calories and doing a bit of exercise, you are going to notice a difference.

I have lost my weight in just over 7 months (I see a nutritionist for a medically supervised diet). If anyone told me I'd go from a 26-28 at the end of last August into a 16 the first week of April, I would have laughed in their face. But here I am.

Good luck to you. You can do this!! We are here to celebrate and motivate you all along the way!!
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 04:32 PM   #3  
Lose 1lb. Repeat 99 times

S/C/G: 262/signature/170

Height: 5'5"

thanks elvis !! I really look up to your story for some motivation!! But I did not know it took you only 7 months !!! That's incredible !! I feel charged up already.. thanks so much again !!
nitrus29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 04:36 PM   #4  
career counselor a-gogo

S/C/G: HW:~330 325/ticker/145

Height: 5'7

Just keep at it and when you fail/fall down get right back up and keep going and a year from now you will be different.

It may go slower than you want or faster than you think - each of our bodies are different. But as long as next week you're healthier than last week don't let the time frame get in the way.
rodeogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 04:40 PM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrus29 View Post
thanks elvis !! I really look up to your story for some motivation!! But I did not know it took you only 7 months !!! That's incredible !! I feel charged up already.. thanks so much again !!
My timeframe isn't one that anyone should use for comparison unless you are doing the same type of program as it's not safe to do alone. But I wanted you to know that I had the same terrified feelings that you did and found this forum to hold my hand. And sometimes I needed both hands held and a group hug!

I had to rush my weightloss for medical reasons but it's still a miracle that *I* could lose weight. I thought I would be morbidly obese for the rest of my life and now I never ever will be again.

Hang in there, girlfriend. We got your back.
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 04:43 PM   #6  
career counselor a-gogo

S/C/G: HW:~330 325/ticker/145

Height: 5'7

While we all hope for more than a pound a week, "just" one pound per week is excellent!

And in my opinion weight loss is WAY faster than weight gain. If I lose 1 pound per week, that's 52 pounds in a year. If I put on 52 pounds per year I'd be like 1000 lbs by now, easy.
rodeogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 04:59 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 344/119/116

Height: 5'1"

My advice? ONE DAY AT A TIME!!!! I see so many people here with a LOT to lose and they keep thinking of how much that is. If I had thought in terms that I had to lose over 200 pounds, I think I would have given up. But instead, I focused on small - sometimes extremely small - travels down the scale.

Before I knew it, I was at goal - and really - in terms of the rest of my life? What is 2.5 years?
CherryPie99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 05:32 PM   #8  
One with the Wind and Sky

S/C/G: 360/246/150

Height: 5' 8"

What helped me immensely was focusing on my health first and foremost, one day at a time, one meal at a time. I want to do everything I can to nourish my body properly so that I can have more energy, more life. Getting a smaller body along with way is just bonus.

Trust the process; you'll get there! Make the positive changes and don't underestimate the power of baby steps.
Elladorine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 05:50 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 240/220/130ish

Height: 5'4

((Hugs)) self doubt is the worst because that awful voice is in your head. One thing that has helped me is that I try not to let that voice win. I have positive notes for myself on my phone, my computer, my closet. If I feel self doubt I try to stop myself before it wins. Good luck!
Dichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 07:00 PM   #10  

S/C/G: Highest:266/T/Size 8

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrus29 View Post
Just having a moment of self doubt.....

I really want to lose weight.. and I know I am on the right track.. it is a slow process isn't it ?? I am just scared of failing at this.. What if I put in all this effort & change my lifestyle and 6 months later nothing changes??

I WANT to do this. I AM doing it. I just hope I see results !!

I will, won't I ?
YOU WILL!! We are close in height and start weight, and I felt SO MUCH the way you feel right now. ****, even now, when I think of where I'm trying to go, it doesn't even fit in my head. But the super cool thing is, it does not have to. You do not need to believe you can get to your goal weight. In my opinion, you have to believe that there are better choices you can make to be healthier and happier (more good, less junk; move more, etc) and do that.

Just pick one change to make in your life at a time. Up until just a few weeks ago, I focus ONLY on diet changes. And I made them small. Sugar beverages turned into flavored waters and ice tea. Cause, little me only drinks iced tea. Then I worked on breakfasts. I traded in my donuts for whole grains and protein. Cause, thats what little me has for breakfast. And those small changes from Nov to now, has taken me down 45lbs.

I say, if everything feels like too much work, back off and take ONE change at a time, master it, then move to the next. I know its trite, but it really is building a different relationship with food and movement. And soon enough, you'll be down 50lbs, shopping in the "non-womens/plus" department and thinking, "what the heck, I just moved to iced tea?!"

Not to say there arent days I have words with my scale and I just want to see that DANG number LOWER! But, that is just the RESULT of the changes Ive made, and those changes are what matter. Do the work, the scale takes care of itself.

I hope thats helpful. You can do this. Its just making up your made that you deserve nothing less.
SarahFairhope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 07:13 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 310/*look*/140

Height: 5'9

Oh boy do I struggle with the same thoughts. Coming here to read all the beautiful success stories really motivates me when I start to question if I can go the distance. So many people have, and you are doing it to! You got this! : D
Lecomtes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 07:46 PM   #12  
beautiful bright soul :)

S/C/G: 296 / 171 / 150

Nitrus, I feel the same fear. The road ahead seems like an impossible mountain... but people climb mountains all the time. So I do believe it is do-able, and if I can do it, you can do it, too.

To add to that, what's great about weight loss is that if you can continually tweak your approach if you find you're not getting the results you desire. You don't have to wait 6 months. Still, I think you *will* see results, and they will make the entire process worth it.

Also, by keeping a healthy diet and a healthy lifestyle, you will be building a foundation of health for the long-term. Whatever the scale says, you will have done yourself so, so much good!

Good luck!

Last edited by belovedspirit; 04-08-2013 at 07:50 PM.
belovedspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 09:23 PM   #13  
Vex
There is no try.

S/C/G: 281/T/140

Height: 5'6"

Default re:

Quote:
What if I put in all this effort & change my lifestyle and 6 months later nothing changes
6 months is going to pass no matter whether or not you put the effort in.

Time is always passing. It's how we make use of that time that makes a difference.........and can give you MORE time. If you change your lifestyle, in 6 months you WILL see or feel some sort of difference.
Vex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 10:12 PM   #14  
Hi From Canada, eh?

S/C/G: check the ticker :)

Height: 5'8

I was always way more scared to succeed! Failure was something I'd done time and time again and knew HOW to do that lol

but actually DOING IT and living a new life, that was kind of scary as FKK if you know what I mean. Meeting new people and having them never know me as Fat Tracey, not making allowances for me because I'm the fat girl, etc., that was kinda weird and wild to be honest!

There's a lot of fear of the unknown, fear of failure, fear of success, fear of being judged, fear of wasting your time, being embarrassed in front of people who know you're dieting etc., it's all around us.

But the great thing is that if you put in the time, day after day, choice after choice, you get there....maybe not super quick like you dreamed of for years, but eventually!
Trazey34 is offline   Reply With Quote