Closed Thread

Old 05-25-2003, 09:12 AM   #1  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Default Week of **May 25**

Good Morning!!

Hope everyone is having a fabulous holiday weekend.
Old 05-26-2003, 03:49 PM   #2  

Hope everyone is enjoying the long weekend. Today I am back OP after a very naughty weekend. I had planned it so I don't feel guilty I had popcorn, BBQ ribs with my fav BBQ sauce, potato salad, SF mint choc chip ice cream...YUM!!!! Today it is over and I am okay with that

Ellie
172/160/130
Old 05-27-2003, 11:58 AM   #3  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

I got laid off from my job this AM. I hated my job, but this is the worst possible timing. I was already wondering how we were ever gonna get caught up, now I really have no idea!! Life is just not fair. Please pray for me that I find a new job right away. Thanks.
Old 05-27-2003, 12:33 PM   #4  

Lauren - so sorry about your job. I am hoping it was a blessing in disguise for you and you will find something you enjoy a whole lot more.

Rabbit
Old 05-27-2003, 12:51 PM   #5  

Lauren - I am so sorry Are you eligible for unemployment? I am sure something will come up soon. I will be praying for you.

Ellie
Old 05-27-2003, 03:51 PM   #6  
Donna

Hello Everyone,

We're back from our vacation . It was fun but man am I glad we had an RV! We had at least part of every day and tent camping in the rain just s*cks. I don't think I did too bad, I'll see what they say at WW tonight (if we go ), we packed a bunch of food and ate in a lot so that should help. We also learned a lot about what we want if we do decide to buy an RV of our own next summer, or maybe just what we don't want . My cousin's wedding was really nice, we sat with the bride's cousins for dinner because there were too many groom's cousins for one table, they were all from NY and it was interesting hearing different points of view and ways of doing things.

LBH - So sorry to hear about the job I hope Rabbit's right and it is a blessing in disguise. Good luck!!!!

Rabbit - Glad DS's graduation went well. Recognizing that you're a stress eater is sometimes the first step. Good luck getting back on track. I'm going to join the 4th of July challenge as soon as I get back from WW.

RR - Sorry about the baby's ears. Hope it clears up for you soon. I currently am not happy with sick babies since I think my nephew gave both K and I a cold (couldn't have been camping in the rain for a week )

Ellie - Sometimes you've gotta have weekends like that. At least you planned for it and are getting right back on track.

Greek - Welcome back. Sounds like you've had a rough few months.

Karen - hang in there!!

Liz - Come back when you can.

Well, should probably start unpacking and doing laundry not my favorite things.

Have a great day everyone.

-Tech
Old 05-27-2003, 08:48 PM   #7  
LBH

Thanks guys! Yes, it is a blessing in disguise, I'm sure. Yes, I can get unemployment, but I'm hoping to get a job first! I'm going to see my recruiter tomorrow afternoon, hopefully she'll find something good. If I don't have some interviews lined up by the end of the week, I'll go to unemployment. They are giving me 3 lousy weeks severence.
Old 05-28-2003, 04:44 PM   #8  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Hi guys,

Lauren: Man, that really sucks. I'm so sorry to hear that. Wish I knew of a job for you. Tell me what it is you do again. I remember that it is something with testing software?? or am I totally dreaming?? DH is in the computer field so I can ask him if he knows of anything. It would either be in the city or down here though. Hope the meeting with the recruiter goes well.

It's raining like mad with thunder and everything here right now!! YIKES!! I'm talking scary thunder here!!

Tech: DH's newest craze is renting an RV. He wants to go up to Maine this summer and he wants to rent one so we can take the dog. He's decided that if he likes it he wants to buy one. He's such a nut!! It's the only way I will consider camping with a newborn!!

Ellie: It's not naughty if you plan for it!! Glad you had a good weekend.

Hope everyone is having a great day!!
Old 05-28-2003, 04:56 PM   #9  

hello. just a short post as I'm feeling kind of crummy. Have felt funny for a few days, think I've been trying to fight something off. Need a nap!

Tech - welcome back from vacation! Glad you're going to join the challenge. And I'm back on the wagon now.

Rabbit
Old 05-28-2003, 05:05 PM   #10  
LBH

Rabbit, hope you're feeling better!!

Karen, I think the storm is still deciding if it's gonna hit here...the sun's been in and out all day and the thunder's been off and on all afternoon!
I was a software tester at my two previous jobs, this one I had gone back to being an Admin though. I would love to test again, but there's not much for someone that doesn't have a lot of experience in this market. I'll probably be sticking with administrative work, which shouldn't be too hard to find, but I don't know if I'll find something paying as well right now.

I was supposed to meet with my recruiter this afternoon, but she was booked, so I go at 11 tomorrow AM.

Looks like our trip to FL so Peter can meet his Nana is getting moved up to June 13-21. We were gonna go in July, after DH's family reunion in VA, but now we figured we better get it out of the way before I go back to work. We'll have to drive straight through though, cause we can't really afford to stay overnight anywhere. DH's parent's may offer to help though.
Old 05-29-2003, 07:25 AM   #11  

Hi again!

I guess I was so happy to be back again that I forgot to send the message in the right Thread, oops! Anyway, one of the first things I saw today was Laurens post about losing her job! That really does s**k!

Lauren, I hope your recruiter has something for you today, meanwhile, I’ll pray for you too, as I know how bad you feel, believe me! I had unemployment for 6 months, here in Greece it’s about 300$ a month, did not even cover the rent, hope it’s better on your side of the Atlantic, but I hope it wouldn’t get to that anyway…

Rabbit, how are you feeling today? Better?

Not much news on this front, being a civil servant of the Greek state for now mostly involves lurching around waiting until my office is ready and getting to meet people (I’m almost standing on my head with stress because of being offered and having to drink so much coffee throughout the day), so for now lots of love to everyone, God keep you!

Vassiliki
Old 05-29-2003, 01:19 PM   #12  
Donna

Hello Everyone,

Well, we skipped WW on Tues . When I went upstairs after surfing to see if K wanted to go, he was crashed on the couch under the quilt doing his "Donna" immitation. I told him he needed the dog on his legs to complete the look. Anyway, to make a long story short we decided to raid the freezer and grill rather than go out since he was feeling ichy. I've been about two days behind him on the cold front but I think it's getting better now, I was up most of the night coughing and came downstairs so I didn't keep K up. Now I'm a little bleary eyed but feeling better otherwise (ignoring AF who's due today ). Let's hope I can stay out of the comfort food aisles at the grocery store this afternoon .

Rabbit - Hope you're feeling better!

Greek - Are you usually a big coffee drinker? Glad to see you back.

Karen - Hey, DH's plan sounds a lot like ours. It costs so much to kennel 2 70 lb dogs that we thought we might actually save money in the long run buying an RV. They're not to sure about the plan, I think they got used to it by the end of the week though. We decided to rent to see how we all got along before investing the money in buying one. We did kennel the cat though, my mom actually thought we'd take him too. I figured he'd end up living in KY when he took off.

Oh well, got a couple more things to check before I log off and go grocery shopping (not one of my favorite things). Have a great day everyone.

-Tech
Old 05-30-2003, 07:31 AM   #13  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Hello all...welll soo much is happening around here that I have not been eating right at all and was surprised to get on the scale and found I am down 9 lbs since I weighed last...My mom wants me to wean Kaylee cuz she thinks I am becomming "run down" looking..I am down 37lbs since Dec soo I am 21 lbs less than when I got pg in the first place..Her surgery is scheduled for June 3rd, soo I have just a few more days of walking and pacing at night holding her ears..Poor baby...
On another note...(the oldies here) remember my friend that is missing????well, they got some DNA results from their only suspect in her case 3 weeks ago and he matched the DNA found at the crime scenes in the serial murder victims houses....soo he is now in jail and they are trying to link him again to her case..They found some concrete slab poured in the middle of nowhere after her disappearance and were digging it up last night. They found a bone but I am not sure if it was hers or not...After 5 yrs that would be great to have closure but it just pi$$e$ me off that he has been free for 5 yrs and killed at least 5 more women.....Sorry to be a sounding board today..but I have just been soo upset,,,
Have a good day all....
RR
Old 05-30-2003, 08:27 AM   #14  
LBH

RR, I saw that guy they got, I was wondering if he was the same guy that got your friend. Meant to ask you. I sure hope it is, to bring some closure. You hang in there and make sure you're eating enough hon!!

Ugh, crying baby!!
Old 05-30-2003, 12:01 PM   #15  

hi to all. still not feeling well, have an infection. hope to be back up to par soon.

rr - glad they found the guy. take care of yourself. If you don't, then you can't take care of anyone else either.

Rabbit
Closed Thread