Old 04-04-2013, 10:26 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 169/162.4/135

Height: 5'5"

Unhappy 3rd day & I am facing a giant today

My absolute favorite food is birthday cake (childish, I know). I have my granddaughters birthday party this afternoon.....and I know I will be surrounded by ~~~~CAKE~~~~~~! I have stuck to the diet (other than a few cashews). But I am terrified of this child's party, especially since my daughter does not support me losing weight. Also, I am dealing with hives! Ugh. Any suggestions how I can make it through without appearing anti-social?
Got2benow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 10:44 AM   #2  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got2benow View Post
My absolute favorite food is birthday cake (childish, I know). I have my granddaughters birthday party this afternoon.....and I know I will be surrounded by ~~~~CAKE~~~~~~! I have stuck to the diet (other than a few cashews). But I am terrified of this child's party, especially since my daughter does not support me losing weight. Also, I am dealing with hives! Ugh. Any suggestions how I can make it through without appearing anti-social?
My suggestion is you reserve your restricted for when everyone else is eating cake. You also need to decide what is more important to you. Is it eating birthday cake or losing the weight. I used to tell myself nothing tastes as good as skinny feels. It helped in the first couple months of IP.

If you don't want to draw attention to yourself, just accept a small piece of cake. Then just move it around with your fork and make it look like you ate some of it. Just a warning that approach may prove to be too tempting, so don't do it unless you are confident that you aren't going to give in.
ragdoll74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 10:50 AM   #3  

Thanks Ragdoll-

I think I had better stick with the restricted item, I am not feeling that strong.

Very impressed with your stats! That is awesome!!!! Thanks for the advise
Old 04-04-2013, 10:53 AM   #4  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got2benow View Post
Very impressed with your stats! That is awesome!!!! Thanks for the advise
Thanks
ragdoll74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 10:54 AM   #5  
Starting again 06.04.2014

S/C/G: 210/ticker/150

Height: 5'9

I, too, suggest keeping a restricted item for the party. I plan our favorite "snacks" for when we have events to attend. I'm in Texas, so last night was dinner with friends. I took my snack, white cheddar crisps, to much on while others were having chips and salsa. It certainly helped me resist the chips knowing I was able to crunch right along with my friends.

Stay strong. You can do this.
GetYa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 11:22 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

I agree...totally not worth the setback.

Stay strong!
IdealProteinNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 11:41 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

reframe that...it's just a cake...not a giant...it has no power over you and it's nothing you can't conquer!!
Ishbel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 12:00 PM   #8  

Talking

ALL good words to remember! Why cake makes me weak in the knees may require therapy! Day 3 (this is a restart for me) maybe just too soon for such a temptation but life is full of them and I have to decide how bad I want this!
Old 04-04-2013, 12:34 PM   #9  
~Tara~

S/C/G: 258/ticker/135

Height: 5' 2"

I feel the same way about cake, I really understand where you are coming from. I have a First Communion in a week and a half, the only thing I am worried about is staying away from the cake! Everyone else has given you great advice, the only thing i would add is just remind yourself that there will be cake again, just not right now. I find that helps take the power out of cravings.

Be strong- you can do it!
GoalFor40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 12:38 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 245/185/165

Height: 5'9"

Try bringing along the Apple Cinnamon Puffs. They got me through Easter weekend with a houseful of candy, cake and Kids!
meinvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 01:17 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 211/159/140

Height: 5'4"

Proti-Diet Chocolate favor fudge cake.
Lolo70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 02:48 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 184/146/130

Height: 5'1"

I love junk food period, especially sweets, but speaking from experience, don't cheat. Once you allow it once, your brain will find very convincing way to make you do it again. It is not worth it!!!!!!!!!! Take a bar with you, have an extra protein pack too, but don't cheat. You will be proud of yourself for it trust me! Good luck.....but you don't need it
kellycg102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 03:23 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 160/153/140

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

On my day 3 I went to a baby shower and I was the one buying the cupcakes. I told myself that eating one was not an option. To be safe I stopped at the market and picked up a veggie tray just in case there was not one there.

Tell yourself that you are doing this for you and nobody else. You need to know that you are worth this and will feel wonderful later on. I tell myself that by cheating the plan, I am throwing money out the window.

And finally, make the decision that is right for you! If the cake is worth losing the first few days and restarting again then eat the cake and move on. Good luck with your choice.. Hope your grand daughter has a wonderful party.
safetylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 04:41 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 150/150/125

Height: 5'4"

Make something yummy to bring with, like the chocolate raspberry cake ( made with IP chocolate pancake and IP raspberry jelly and topped with WF marshmellow). I don't remember where to find the recipe, maybe on the Weight Loss Center recipes thread... but if you bring an OP cake-y, chocolate-y looking substitute to nibble on while everyone else is eating cake, it will make it WAY easier to resist! And its true- once you open that door your brain finds it very very easy to open again.
dukeofllano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 09:53 PM   #15  
Started 3/4/13

S/C/G: 188/188/130

Height: 5'5

At some point on a thread I read that someone SERVED the cake to avoid eating it. They were busy and helpful, and by the time they were done serving the eating was done and no one questioned them about their decision to not have a piece. Also, you are WORTH IT. I tell myself that I am not going to cheat myself (and this comes from a notorious cheater). I also find that the more I'm able to resist things, the more confident I feel and the less cravings I have.
shoediva is offline   Reply With Quote