Closed Thread

Old 05-24-2003, 07:37 AM   #1  

Default Home of the Loozing Floozie's.......(#15)

Hello

Here at McSkinneys, Our mission is to motivate,support and lose those pounds & inches.We must keep those Loozing Floozies loosing!!

Feel free to join our group of wonderful ladies.Come on in.....Give us YOUR motivation,support and ideas.We would love to have you!!!
Old 05-24-2003, 07:41 AM   #2  

Don't Forget To Go Back To #14 And Read The Last Few Posts There!!!!!
Old 05-25-2003, 06:58 AM   #3  

Okay, here I am again burning up over a comment MIL said yesterday after my daughter's last recital. I told her that she wouldn't be doing it for the time being, since she wants a job and has joined the cross country team at school. Her comment was "she really doesn't have the body for it." I thought I was going to strangle her. I told her don't you dare say that to Becky!
She has gained a few pounds and has a bigger body than the most of the ballet girls(maybe 1 size larger) but how dare she say such a thing. I am boiling mad!! Becky wants to know why I am so mad at her, and I told her that I just get mad at everything that comes out of her mouth. Do you think I am wrong to get so upset over this? My daughter is going through the breakup of her boyfriend, finals, and just being a teenager. She is very tall, wears a size 9 shoe, and weights about 140 lbs. So she is a bit bigger than the others, but she does her dances just as well, if not better than all her fellow dancers. Oh well, it's over now, but I still feel like she shouldn't have said it. My DH says that she is an a@@hole, and always has been and to let it pass. I know everyone of you is probably just as sensitive to the weight issue as I am. BTW, Becky is very careful about what she eats. Always looking at the nutrition labels. She just has a metabolism like me, I guess. My other daughter eats fat, sugar, everything and anything she wants and doesn't gain an ounce.!!

Sherry and Debbie I hope you are both having a great camping trip.

Dee-I hope Dez is feeling better. When exactly do you leave?

Everyone-thanks for listening to me rant AGAIN!! You are the best friends in the world!!
Old 05-25-2003, 10:49 AM   #4  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

I think you were well within your rights to react like you did, Shelley. A few years ago, we were at a buffet and my daughter was eating her second dessert. Loud enough for her to hear, my BIL said, "You know your daughter is eating her second dessert." My answer was, "So?" Then my SIL piped up with, "That doesn't bother you?" I told SIL that half the reason I struggle with my weight now is that my family was the food police when I was younger. It shut them up.

What I really wanted to say was, "Who the are YOU to 'worry' about someone's health? What kind of example are you setting - you smoke 2 packs a day and never exercise!"

Ugh. Meddling family members annoy me. (And how cool that your Becky is running cross-country next year! I've been trying to talk my Becky into it - she's certainly got the leg strength for it!)
Old 05-25-2003, 11:27 AM   #5  
Losing it!

Shelley: I too would be upset with MIL. It seem's that some people get joy out of hurting other peoples feelings. Becky sounds like just the right size, plus I'm sure with all of her dancing, she has quite a bit of muscle mass (which weighs more) If Becky enjoys ballet, let her do it, regardless of what other people think!

Jennelle: I have a hateful SIL that I will be seeeing later today. She is probably a couple sizes smaller then me with a fair amount of money so she can afford nicer clothing. The only way I can cope around her is to remember that she might be smaller then I am, but she has a sickening personality.

I hope everyone has a safe Memorial weekend!!!! Looks like most of the group must be away camping or traveling.

BTW: We have a birthday coming up on the board soon!
Old 05-25-2003, 12:53 PM   #6  

Gayle-Don't remind me!! The girls have it down to exactly how many days old I will be!!

I have probably told you ladies more of my personal stuff than I have told my very best friend!!

Thank you for being there for me!!
Old 05-25-2003, 01:56 PM   #7  

Shelley I understand how you feel! I think that your MIL enjoys ticking you off and she will say stuff just to do it. If Becky is enjoying ballet that is all that counts. Dez is feeling now after the accident. She is just ticked off because of all that she has done we have postponed her birthday party til she shows some respect and can show that she can come home on time. I guess you could say we are making her earn the priviledge back of having a party.

Gayle how did grad go? I have a SIL that sounds just like yours.

Jennelle I like the way you handled your family about the second dessert issue. Good come back.
Old 05-26-2003, 07:07 PM   #8  

Did you miss Debbie & I?????? We're home!!

Actually, We got home around 1:00. I've been so busy unpacking & washing.We had a great time.It rained all day yesterday but we still had a good time.The good news is, Debbie & I got to play catch-up on our talking, we walked and I got to spend time with her grandkids!!

What all did everyone do over the weekend? Any fun?

I'm really tired and I still need to fold clothes.I'll post more tomorrow.

Hugs to all............

P.S. In case you didn't look at the "Memorial Day Challenge", I lost another 2 lbs!!! Making a total of 19 lbs. since March 17th!! I FEEL GREAT!!!!!!!

Last edited by Sherry; 05-26-2003 at 07:10 PM.
Old 05-26-2003, 07:39 PM   #9  
THINKING THIN!!!!

Hey Girls

Hope everyone is having a great weekend. Like Sherry said we had a great time. When we weren't sitting and talking "Sherry" had me walking the hills...up and down....then back up again...LOL. There isn't much resting around her!!

WTG Sherry!! I stayed the same again this week and didn't reach my goal for the Memorial Day challenge! BUT I won't give up!! I know I need to try harder and do some kind of excerise everyday.

I need to finish unpacking and wash some of these blankets.

I'll post more tomorrow!!

Hugs...Debbie
Old 05-27-2003, 09:47 AM   #10  

Hey everyone!

Ahhhh, in-laws....Can't wait to get mine. My fiance's family is, I hate to say this, worse than mine. We can't even sit down to a meal together without his brothers' three kids leaving in tears (they're 6 and 4 (twins)) because the brother is so absolutely hateful to them. I told Stew that if he ever treats our kids like that I'll jack-slap him and kick his a$$ out of the house until he has an extreme attitude change!!

Sherry and Deb, hope you enjoyed your vacation. Sherry--WTG, losing weight while enjoying your weekend! Yea!!!!

Hiya to everyone else--Dee, Gayle, Shelley, Ramona, Jenelle, if I'm leaving anyone out--please forgive me!!

Cheryl
Old 05-27-2003, 12:41 PM   #11  
Losing it!

Cheryl, I agree with you on the in-law story. My first set of inlaws would keep my stomach in knots throughout the entire meal. The family of inlaws I have now are very pleasant except for one SIL. But we try to keep her medicated.

I really like the name Stew for a man. Is this your boyfriends real name or a nick name?
Old 05-27-2003, 04:10 PM   #12  

His name is Jonathan Stewart Brooks, which I love and he hates (for some reason). I think it sounds very, I don't know, sophisticated or something. I'd love to have a little boy and name him Jonathan Stewart Brooks, II.
Old 05-27-2003, 06:54 PM   #13  

Oh Ladies. ...I feel for you with the in-laws, some of you know how much i LOVE my MIL. We get along so well and have a wonderful time disliking each other.

Enough of that stuff>>>

How was everyone's Mem. Day HOliday??? We set around and was lazy all wk/end. Which was actually nice and not having the kids running around and screaming.

Well off to run errands and hope everyone has a good week...

A Friend is someone who loves you no matter what!!!!

Vicki
Old 05-28-2003, 01:31 AM   #14  

Hi all,
I'm jealous of all you school employees that get the summer off...must be wonderful!

Sherry and Debbie, Where did you go camping? How long have you known each other? Did you meet here?

We had a great time camping up in the Sacramento Delta area with some friends. The weather wasn't cooperative--too much wind, but that didn't stop us from boating and jet skiing. We also got to visit with some good friends and spend some quality time with the family, to me, that is what I love about camping.
Less than 4 weeks until Hawaii so I'm setting my goal for June 21st. My goal is to be 4 lbs. lighter for a total of 23 lbs.

Take care, Floozies!
Old 05-28-2003, 09:46 AM   #15  

Jeanne sounds like your camping trips are alot of fun. It is so nice to get away from the hussle and bussle of the real world. Congratulations on the great weightloss.
Closed Thread