Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 03-30-2013, 10:37 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 331/164/164

Height: 5'8"

Default OMG, I just realized...

...I'm four months binge free!

KittyKatFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 10:58 PM   #2  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

Congrats!!
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 11:58 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 113/117/110-120

wow, that is so awsome!! Congratulations!
veggiedaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 12:19 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

Congratulations!
penmage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 09:40 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 220/160/140?

Height: 5'4"

Congrats!! That is fantastic! You should be so proud of yourself!
searchingforbalance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 10:37 AM   #6  

S/C/G: IDK

Height: 5'9

awesome job kitty. now just keep it up because you're a huge inspiration to most of us :hugs:
missunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 03:47 PM   #7  

kittykatfan - maybe you have mentioned what has helped you not to binge on other threads, but could you comment on that again. What are you doing now differently from when you used to binge.
Old 04-04-2013, 11:41 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 146/139/133

Height: 5'7"

Good for you!!!
KarenLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 11:07 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 331/164/164

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by veggiedaze View Post
kittykatfan - maybe you have mentioned what has helped you not to binge on other threads, but could you comment on that again. What are you doing now differently from when you used to binge.
I found a treatment program that has truly changed my life. You go there understanding that Priority #1 is to break the binge pattern, not to lose weight, which I agreed to (even though I have lost about 20 lbs since I started there, but I'm doing my best to maintain).

The program is group treatment but you do meet with an individual therapist as well. It is a multi-pronged approach: behavioral therapy; body image acceptance; nutrition. You eat there too. They make you bring your lunch so they can offer tips but you also eat a cooked meal there at least once a week. They teach you portion control and intuitive eating.

You are taught to eat three meals and two snacks a day so you don't feel hungry and you can maintain blood sugar. That was a HUGE help. The other help is the therapy because it teaches you how manage through stressful situations and anxiety without binging, and to help you determine what emotions you are feeling so you can address the emotion without the use of food.

What has been hard for me but very freeing at the same time, is that their philosophy is that no type of food is off limits. You have to watch portion size, but the idea is that if you eat a food you crave and give yourself that freedom, then you won't crave it. If you deny yourself, eventually you will binge.

I can give you more details if you have specific questions.
KittyKatFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 07:36 AM   #10  

Thank you so much for explaining. You are brave to do the program. Alot of people don't reach out for help. I am tryng to keep in mind everyday that stopping binging is my number 1 priority. The same thing is tough for me, that no food is off limits. And I don't know how even to incorporate these things because unless I'm in binge mode I don't want them. So I decided to take advantage of all the donuts and crap brought into work about every other day and force myself to have at least a bite. Otherwise, I will just continue to avoid them and then the longer I avoid them the more they are not allowed. I am also feeling uneasy not having "a plan" or calorie goal. It makes me feel lazy or something. But as long as I keep the whole stop binging as my top priority, I think I'll be okay for awhile with this. Thanks again for talking about what you have done to stop.
Old 04-06-2013, 08:06 AM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyKatFan View Post
...I'm four months binge free!

Congratulations on a wonderful accomplishment!
SouthernMaven is offline   Reply With Quote