Old 03-30-2013, 02:19 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 242/219/140

Height: 5'10"

Default Guiltaholic rant

Weightloss hasn't always been an issue for me. In high school, I was a competitive, big time jock and didn't have to count my calories because I played every sport. In college, I channeled my competitive side toward academia and partying hardcore.

Before I knew it, I gained 70lbs. I didn't noticed how much weight I had gained, nor did I care how much I gained.

I lurked around 3FC for a few years gaining insight and knowledge before I finally started posting.

I have started and given up MANY times. I want this time to stick.

Can any of you that have already lost a significant amount comment on what makes you consistent with your plan?

Since restarting, I've only lost about 4lbs by keeping my calories around 1400 cals/day. I let my boyfriend convince me that we should go out last night and I ate 1,200 cals over my plan. While I have learned from these forums that I should be forgiving myself, and that occasional binges can help keep your metabolism in check, I can't seem to let it go completely. I was in an annoyed/p*ssed off mood last night because I let myself do it.

A lot of times when I diet, I feel like everyone around me is a food pusher. They seem to not understand when I reject their homemade cupcakes, or their home-brewed beer. I don't know how to handle it! Just a few days ago, my roommate was mad at me that I wouldn't go out with her to Taco Bell. My work has a dedicated day of the week in which most everyone brings in utter crap (doughnuts, cakes, pies). I wish I didn't have to surround myself with all of it. What do you do?! There are SOO many temptations. The more temptations, the more likely I will binge
BreakingUpWith90lbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 12:40 AM   #2  

I know exactly how you feel when it comes to "peer pressure". My cut off time for eating is 7 o'clock. Last night my nephew was sick so we was at the hospital till 12 midnight and my sister who is smaller than small decides she is hungry and wants to get a bite...when she offers me something I turned it down, the first 2 times. Once it hit 3 times of her asking I gave in and ordered something small so she would just be quiet. Words cannot describe the level of disappointment I feel for doing this to myself! All the hard work I have put in this week and it only takes one time to slip up.

**Here's to US, in the battle of peer pressure! (Maybe if I have a team with me, I can do this!) hehe
mrsfoster86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 09:44 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 190/*see ticker*/130

Height: 5'4"

you learn to get better with saying no. it's a skill. you just make sure people understand that you're dieting and you're serious about it and eventually they leave you alone. just give them your "serious" look. lol. don't worry if you ruffle a few feathers, they will definitely get over it.

as for the guilt, well yes, it's better to get over that too. just try not to do it too often. and the only thing we CAN do after a slip-up is get back up and try again. i myself had a really horrible weekend food-wise, and part of me feels like i just can't get back to what i was before, but i know that i have to!! and once you get back into your routine of working out and being good, it gets better!

hang in there!!
KawaiiCandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 11:27 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 242/219/140

Height: 5'10"

Thank you two so much for your advice!

Sometimes I just get super frustrated. Especially after this weekend - I binged hardcore. I spent Easter with a beyond full stomach today

Here's to staying on track tomorrow
BreakingUpWith90lbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 01:12 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 275/209/190

Height: 6'1

I've been overweight since I was 8 years old. What keeps me consistent is knowing that I'll feel so much better about myself once I reach my goal. I already do feel better about myself and feel more confident where I'm at right now. I can finally fit in junior size clothing, which I've wanted to fit it almost all my life. I want to see myself wearing a bikini this summer too......I mean it's not just the clothes and everything it's just wanting to better myself and have a change in my life. I've gotten this far and I'm not going to stop now. I'm very proud of myself. It feels great to have gotten as far as I have right now.
LadyP2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 05:28 AM   #6  

Maybe this isn't the best advice, but when we go out to eat, I don't care about eating healthy. going out with my husband is a treat, and I don't want to 'suffer' eating healthy lol. I want fries, and dessert!
goldengirlamy is offline   Reply With Quote