Old 03-29-2013, 10:24 AM   #1  
Living Intuitively

S/C/G: Heavy/Happy/Free

Height: 5'6"

Default Easter Plans/Strategies

Hello All!
Happy Almost Easter!!

What are your plans for this Easter? DH's family doesn't celebrate and DH works- so I'm having some ladies over for an Easter Brunch Potluck. I'm thinking of making an Apricot Glazed Pork Loin. And every year I make my Lamb Cake:

I think Easter will be more exciting when we have children...and we can hide eggs and do the whole easter basket thing.

I used to always get a blow up easter bunny with my basket when I was a little girl. I looked forward to it every year.

What are your plans? Are there any treats that you are not looking forward to avoiding?
lunarsongbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 10:31 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 252/see ticker/199

Height: 5'7"

We don't do much as we're not Christian but my kids hear about all the holidays at school and I don't want them to feel left out.

We'll grill out and do a simple Easter egg hunt in the backyard. I try to avoid chocolate in them because I really have a hard time controlling myself and some years it's so warm they start to melt before the kids can find them all. I try to stuff them with jelly beans, smarties, small toys, crayons, markers, etc.
XLMuffnTop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 11:03 AM   #3  
~Kim~

We're going out to brunch. I'll probably have a banana or protein smoothie in the morning and based on how much I eat at brunch I'll just keep dinner small if I need to.

I only put a small bit of candy in my daughter's basket, so no other candy in the house besides that.
TooManyDimples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 11:29 AM   #4  
career counselor a-gogo

S/C/G: HW:~330 325/ticker/145

Height: 5'7

We're going to an amazing brunch so I'm going to make sure to get in a few walks between now and then to try to offset the extra calories for the week. I'll also eat pretty conservatively today and Saturday to basically save up calories for Sunday.

At the brunch I plan to stick with leaner foods but I'm defiinitely going to enjoy myself.
rodeogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 12:51 PM   #5  
IR/PCOS/Pre-Diabetic

S/C/G: 310/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'4"

I'll have a hard-boiled egg from my Easter basket, and five jelly beans, then go to brunch at church and have some fruit and eggs.

I'm making deviled/curried eggs that afternoon to take to my brother-in-law's for Easter dinner (to make sure I have something I know I can eat... I can never tell with him). But chances are he'll have meat (ham or turkey) and at least some veggies.

I have two peanut butter/chocolate eggs for my basket. Each of them is 15 carbs, so I plan to enjoy them for dessert over the next couple of days. I plan to SAVOR them.
synger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 03:17 PM   #6  
Started IP: Nov. 2, 2012

S/C/G: 326/Ticker/175

Height: 5'8''

We will be having a family dinner. I usually make 90% of the dinner, but my mom is making it this year. I will just be making desserts the day before.
I'll be at the dinner, but I'm sticking to my diet 100% (won't be eating any Easter food). I got through Thanksgiving and Christmas without any problems, so I'm not too worried.
Hope everyone has a great Easter or a great weekend in general!
Tziri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 12:00 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 396/351/160

Height: 5'7"

The whole family is coming to my house, but other than the traditional (and required!) bunny cake, we're having sweet 'n sour pot roast. Don't ask.....

The little ones are almost 6 and 2 1/2 and for the first time, we will be having the egg hunt outside. I've kept the candy to a minimum, but they will be hunting for: the dyed eggs, the figurine plastic eggs which has the quarters in them for the little kids, and the big, solid colored eggs which have Cadbury eggs in them. The Cadbury eggs are for the "older" boys. That would be the boys who are now 41 and 36, one of whom is the father of the little boys. They always rush in to check out what goodies await them, too!
betsy2013 is offline   Reply With Quote