Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-29-2013, 09:50 AM   #1  
Lose 1lb. Repeat 99 times

S/C/G: 262/signature/170

Height: 5'5"

Unhappy move stupid scale move !!!!

Just rambling.. been at it religiously everyday (the gym & calorie counting) and this morning after the swim I couldn't help but scream in the shower !!

THIS IS TOUGH !!!!!! Aaaaaaarghhhh.....

Why did I scream ? Cos I started to weigh myself everyday !! I don't think it's a good thing for your psyche....

The damn scale won't move daily !! I need to stick to weekly weigh-ins else I am gonna be demotivated..

What do ya'll think ?

Pardon the outburst !! It's one of those days !!
nitrus29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 09:57 AM   #2  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

You should weigh weekly if it is harming your motivation.

I weigh daily because I get a bigger kick out of the downs than the annoyance of the ups. I just ride the ups out.

Last edited by IanG; 03-29-2013 at 09:58 AM.
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 10:11 AM   #3  
Happiness, Peace, & Love

S/C/G: 250 / 250 / 160

Height: 6'0"

I wish some company would make a scale that would not work except once a week during a certain time- let's say every Saturday between 7 am and 8am. I would totally buy one of those lol

For the longest time I had to keep my scale under my bed and only do weekly weigh in's. When it was out of sight and hard to get to- it was put way under my bed- I was less tempted to keep pulling it out.

But yes... I wish the scale would magically move down every single day... heck how about every hour!?!
Angeldove97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 09:48 AM   #4  
High Fat/Low Carb=Happy!

Height: 5'9" Age: 50

Weighing daily is dangerous if it's screwing you up and I've personally discovered that taking measurements and tracking those can help you when the scale is stubborn. I don't know WHAT's happening but for myself I've discovered that even if the scale freezes for two weeks I'll see losses in my waist or hips or thighs (I don't care if it's a quarter of an inch here or there, it all adds up).
ReNew Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 08:10 PM   #5  
Warrior Princess

On the upside; according to your join date you've lost 5p in a month. Just think of where you'll be in a year if you keep going. Eye on the prize..
novangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 09:53 AM   #6  

today's my weekly weigh-in day !! :
Can't wait to hit the gym this evening !!
& Yes I have lost around 5 pounds already..
but I know I have a looooooooooooong way to go still !!!
I CAN DO THIS!!!
***** SPARTAN GROWLLLL *****
Old 04-02-2013, 09:54 AM   #7  

Last night's weigh-in : 253.3

Last edited by nitrus29; 04-02-2013 at 10:00 AM.
Old 04-02-2013, 10:15 AM   #8  
High Fat/Low Carb=Happy!

Height: 5'9" Age: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrus29 View Post
Last night's weigh-in : 253.3
That is FANTASTIC!!!

I think part of the problem -- okay, part of MY problem, I shouldn't make assumptions about other people -- is it feels that if we put in daily consistent effort then weight loss should be a steady progression. It isn't. It's more like moving down steps to landings and there are different numbers of steps and the landings are different lengths.
ReNew Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 10:49 AM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReNew Me View Post
That is FANTASTIC!!!

I think part of the problem -- okay, part of MY problem, I shouldn't make assumptions about other people -- is it feels that if we put in daily consistent effort then weight loss should be a steady progression. It isn't. It's more like moving down steps to landings and there are different numbers of steps and the landings are different lengths.
you are right ReNew Me it isn't a steady progression..I feel that once your body gets used to certain moves, it stops resisting and you stop burning as much.. you need to keep challenging your body to do a little more than it did the day before !! It HAS TO work !!
Old 04-02-2013, 01:55 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 191/178/145

Height: 5'6

Have you taken your measurements yet? I found that when I stalled on the scale, re-taking my measurements was just the motivation I needed because it now shows 7.5 inches lost even with the same 5 lbs lost for the past 5 days or so. My pants are getting looser, so the inch loss has been just as motivating as when the scale moves.
bbrides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 06:19 PM   #11  
banned

Height: 5'3

It seems that my scale is always moving; up and down, down and up. LOL Constant wild fluctuations. In the past, while dieting, I used to lose every day, but that has changed. Now it's down a little...plop back up...drop way down, plop back up a little. It's like two steps forward, once step back...over and over.
Silver Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 02:33 AM   #12  

I have the same issue of wanting to weigh in daily and I get discouraged I agree sight the person who said about a scale that would only work certain day and time I would also buy it lol. Great Tommie you lost 5 lbs way to go!!!
Campana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 12:47 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 165/137/120

Height: 4'11''

I used to only do weekly weigh ins, then I moved into every couple day weigh ins, now I check every time I'm at the gym. While it can be discouraging if the scale goes up, it's great when I see it go down. When I see it go up I know I have to try harder (even though my body can fluctuate about 2.5 pounds a day) and if I see it go down it's more motivation for me to keep doing what I'm doing. It all depends on how you take it. You can take it as a negative outlook, or a positive one.
celigirl88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 07:22 PM   #14  
Warrior Princess

9 pounds in a little over a month is amazing progress! Just remember that's it's normal for the scale to start to slow down the more you lose but don't get discouraged. Just keep going and it will come off.
novangel is offline   Reply With Quote