Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-25-2013, 07:08 PM   #1  

S/C/G: HW~330 CW~291.4 GW~285

Height: 5'4

Question Day 2 and already overwhelmed!!!!

This could be very long!!!!

Today is my second day on the boards and my second day on WW. I am already feeling overwhelmed. Overwhelmed by how far I have to go. Overwhelmed by if I can do it. Overwhelmed by all of the emotions that come along with this. All the doubts and negativity. The feelings of not being good enough. Feelings of not being worthy of being skinny and healthy. I have been emotionally on the verge of tears for the past two days. Can I be mentally and physically ready without being emotionally ready?
I think I became an emotional eater at like age 4. It has only gotten worse since then. At my heaviest I was 330 pounds. I have always been big but never thought I would get that big. I am at 311 now and my clothes do not fit any differently and I do not look any differently than I did at 330.
I need ideas on good healthy foods to eat and good workout dvds! I think I just need to throw myself into this and let my emotions catch up! I did start a blog on this website so maybe that will help too!
JustB1027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 07:15 PM   #2  

Overwhelmed is totally normal, justb.

Change is so hard and the beginning is the worst for me. But then...Day 1 turns into day 2 and eventually you will have a week and month, etc. under your belt. You can do this, I just know it. You are so determined in your posts and it really shines through.

Do you have your meal plan all worked out and an exercise schedule to follow?

When I started my new plan, I kept telling myself that I would do it for a week and see how I did. After the first week, I told myself I can do one more week. Now it's been almost 8 months and I did it!! And you can too!!

We are here for you, through all the bumps in the road and to celebrate the happy milestones!!
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 07:27 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 310/*look*/140

Height: 5'9

You can do this, you deserve happiness and health! One day at a time, we didn't gain it all in a few weeks and it isn't going to come off in a few weeks either.
I just started using MyFitnessPal to monitor my calories/exercise. If you use it too, feel free to Friend me, yesterdayusaid2morrow.
Lecomtes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 09:41 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 145 / 102 / ?

Height: 5'

Hey JustB--welcome!! And congrats on the really positive step(s) you are taking!!
As I understand it, you can eat unlimited fruit and veggies on Weight Watchers now--how cool is that? Sometimes it takes a little time to "detox" from junk food, but as you get it out of your system, simple things like a mango, or an apple, become a real treat! Kale chips are really popular right now, and super low-calorie--you might want to try them!
HungryHungryHippo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 10:08 PM   #5  
Jillian stole my abs!

S/C/G: 195.8/138/140

Height: 5'5"

Feeling overwhelmed totally normal.

I'm also a WW.

What helped me was to focus on small goals. The big picture can just seem like too much.

Why don't you start by focusing on just getting to 299! 12 pounds, totally doable! Then shoot for 289, and so on. Don't worry about how long it takes, celebrate it when you hit it!

As far as WW and food, the system takes a bit of time to adjust to/figure out, but it does work.

It might be easier food wise for now to focus on WW power foods. They are the ones in the info with the little green triangles next to them. While you're doing that you can work on learning the PP system.

Basically power foods are lean meat, lots of veg and fruit, don't forget calcium and some whole grains and a healthy oil, all part of the good healthy guidelines.

If you give me hint on your preferences in food, I could help you out with some meal plans.

Skinless chix breast can be cooked all kinds of ways. For instance, chix fajitias! Slice up the proper portion, 3-4 ozs. slice up peppers and onions. Sautee the chix first, in cooking spray, then add the veg, and a pkt of seasoning, tomato slices, salsa, skip the tortilla. You can also add some fat free sour cream and a slice of fat free cheese. Yummy.

My breakfast is not a typical WW one, but I have a very active job. In the frozen breakfast section at Wal Mart they have sacks of pre cooked turkey sausage patties. 2 PP, I have one of those, a serving of Egg Beaters on 2 slices of Sara Lee 45 cal a slice bread, with a small smear of olive oil mayo. 6 PP.
shcirerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 11:00 PM   #6  

I decided to do this on a whim late Saturday/early Sunday. Luckily I work at a daycare that is in a school for teachers kids. We are on spring break this week so I have this week to figure it out some without having to be at work! Tonight I ate a smart ones frozen pasta that was really good. I do not like tomatoes or peppers. I probably need to learn to like them. I have been having whole wheat pita bread with 2 slices of oven roasted turkey and a slice of muenster cheese toasted with some pretzels and a salad for lunch. It is about 9 points.
Old 03-26-2013, 12:44 AM   #7  
Jillian stole my abs!

I do eat the Smart ones now and then, some are really tasty!

Since you have some time, relax, and take the time to do some exploring.

Like I said, if you give me some hints on where your food tastes wander, I can probably help you out with WW food/recipes. Been doing this a long time!

I converted my meat/tater loving DH, who never ate any veggie other than a green bean, into a person who, while not totally the veggie lover I am, into a person willing to try new things! Some he likes, some not so much, that's ok, we're making progress!
Old 03-26-2013, 12:57 AM   #8  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Hugs
Take it one day at a time, you can do this!

Good luck!
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 01:15 AM   #9  

I really like turkey and chicken and a great burger and fries! Potatoes and corn are good! I like pasta and salads.

Fruits: apples, pinapple, watermelon, green grapes, peaches
Veggies, potatoes, corn, green beans, lima beans, green peas, broccoli, lettuce, carrots (not cooked) cabbage
Old 03-26-2013, 08:36 AM   #10  
Jillian stole my abs!

I have to get to work, but will drop in this evening with some ideas.
Old 03-26-2013, 09:57 AM   #11  
Krissy Missy

S/C/G: 181/see ticker/120

Height: 5'2"

Congratulations on deciding to make healthier choices! You can do this, one day at a time. The beginning was hardest for me too, but after a few weeks you'll be in the grove. Just don't give up!
Missy Krissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 10:11 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 246/246/135

Height: 5'6

I get overwhelmed easily still and I have months of weight loss under my belt. In fact, part of the reason I regained the 37lbs I had lost plus more was because I was overwhelmed at how much more I had to go. This time around, I'm focusing on small goals and not looking at a bigger picture. I'm taking it 10 pounds at a time, which is why my ticker says baby steps =)
Daki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 11:25 AM   #13  
:)

S/C/G: 330/

Awww hun, we've all been there. I started where you did and it's hard. I haven't lost much yet, but you just have to keep your head in it and keep on going. I haven't incorporated any excersising yet into my plan because I wanted to focus on eating and getting my brain into it. Maybe that will work for you. By all means though don't stop excersising if you can do it. I just tend to get tired way too fast so I wanted to start slow.
On eating keep it simple. I'm sure we all have to deal with eating struggles it's what got us into this mess to begin with. You can do this.
We'll be here to help you through.
sassyangies is offline   Reply With Quote