Closed Thread

Old 05-21-2003, 11:55 AM   #1  
On my way!!

Angry I'm back and A new mommy!!! HELP!

Hello!

I've been away from 3FC's for a while now. I really enjoyed it so now I'd like to try it again!

When I visited last time, I had previously lost 67 lbs on WW and was slowly falling off the wagon, but beginning exercising. I love the elliptical!

Since my last visit, I have gotten married, and 3 months ago had a baby! He is a wonderful little man. BUT! Now I feel, of course, fat & flabby, and really want to start up again on the road to fitness

I have dug up my WW stuff and plan to do it at home like I did before. However, now I am breastfeeding & don't know the points guidelines. Anyone know? And, are there any other new mommies around?

Thanks for reading,
Womaninlove
Old 05-21-2003, 04:58 PM   #2  

Hi there! Congrats on the birth of your baby!
I went through much the same thing as you- I lost 60+ lbs, then got married, gained a little weight (~15lbs) then had a baby(Sept. 26) and gained lots more. I have been back at it since November, although it is coming off much more slowly this time around! I find that I am nowhere near as dedicated to the program as I once was...
If you are breast feeding you add 10pts to the top and bottom of your range. For example my range is 30-35pts instead of 20-25. You may have to experiment a bit, though, to find your own personal range. It depends on how much your baby eats! I find that I lose best eating between 35-40pts, the recommended range is not enough for my body at this time!
Did you gain a lot with your pregnancy?
If you are interested in chatting with another new mom, let me know!
Old 05-22-2003, 10:32 PM   #3  
On my way!!

Thanks for replying!
And congratsto you too! Don't you just love being a mommy?!

Yep, we sound similar. I didn't gain that much with the pregnancy, but I had gained weight right before it, which didn't help.

I am trying to get re-motivated. I just started back to work full time from maternity leave and am having a rough time reorganizing all my time. I'm sure you know how crucial it is to be somewhat organized or you'll go nuts.

I'm not really on enough to commit to a chat, but I appreciate the invite. I might find the time...right after I find time to sleep!!!

I will try to keep posted, keeping you in mind...please do the same!
Thanks!
Old 05-23-2003, 04:07 PM   #4  

Sounds good to me! I am lucky, we get 1 year payed mat leave here. I still have 3 full months left with dd, and I love every minute of it!
Do you pump to feed your son while at work?
Good luck getting sleep! Does ds sleep in his own crib/bassinet/etc..., or with you?
I look forward to hearing from you again!
Old 05-23-2003, 10:42 PM   #5  
On my way!!

Oh I am so jealous!!! I knew I heard that stat right about Canada!! Guess how much leave I get...12 weeks UNPAID.

Yes, I'm pumping & supplementing with formula. He's a good eater! (just like his mom & dad ) Some days I get to come & see him for lunch. That's a very nice thing!!

He was a preemie, and we had a very difficult time with his birth. We almost lost him. He's doing great now though! At first he slept in his bassinet in our room, then we moved him into his crib in his room, because I would wake up at every little whimper & try to ease him back to sleep. He's up to about 6 hours of continuous sleep per night, which is pretty good I think. He's a great baby!

How about you? Are you transitioning into the mommy role easily? Is this your first child?

Gonna go try to get a couple zzzzz's, but he's stirring already...
Old 05-26-2003, 06:31 PM   #6  

I love being a mom!! And yes, I am very lucky regarding my mat leave. I have my BEd, but didn't have a teaching job when I got prenant- so I subbed lots and got another temperary position (6months, low pay) in order to get lots of hours banked. So now I get paid (55%) leave until August. It was hard working tons of hours while pregnant, but it is totally worth it now! DD is 8 months, and I can't imagine spending big chunks of time apart from her every day!
DD sleeps in her own room some nights, other nights in bed with us. When she wakes up in the early mornings I just bring her to bed with me. She doesn't have a set bedtime (anywhere from 8-11) but always sleeps in. This morning I had to wake her up at 11 because I just couldn't wait any longer! She seems to need about 12 hours of sleep at night, then a big nap in the afternoon.
Does Aiden roll over yet? My dd didn't until she was almost 7 months!! And she still only does it once in awhile- just doesn't want to! She sits up on her own and pushes herself all over the place though!
How early was your ds born? That must have been scary!
I can't imagine having unpaid mat leave- that must be very difficult!
Does ds drink from a bottle well? My dd never liked the bottle--she will use a certain type of sippy cup or just a normal cup though.
How is WW going for you? I do great during the week, but weekends are killing me! I have been stuck at the same weight for 4 weeks- but I think I have gained a bit this week. I guess tomorrow's Weigh In will tell.
How much do you have to lose?
Hope things are going well for you!
Old 05-27-2003, 07:02 PM   #7  
On my way!!

Aidan goes to bed between 9:00 & 11:00pm every night, wakes up at 4am to eat, then will sleep for while in the morning if he's being cuddled

He isn't rolling over, but he will roll onto his side on occasion. His favorite thing to do is stick his tongue out at you and giggle when you stick yours out back.

He was born at 35 1/2 weeks. I can't begin to tell you how traumatic the whole thing was. I can't imagine our lives without him that's for sure! I'm sure ou feel the same about dd. BTW, What's her name?

I actually haven't started back on WW yet. I just can't seem to get started. I went to our wellness center gym with a client to day at work and it was wonderful though! I did the elliptical and treadmill for a while. It felt good to exercise. We're going to try water aerobics at the end of the week. Ever tried that? I do dread getting into a bathing suit for the first time post partum, but you gotta do what you gotta do!
I have about 50 lbs to lose. But I've done it before, I can do it again, right? (can you tell I love these smilies??)
Old 05-30-2003, 07:32 PM   #8  

That must have been so great to work out...I miss my time at the gym! I love the elliptical trainer too! Right now I just do abs and walk- hopefully come fall I will be able to get to the gym again. I should be back at goal by then too!
My daughter's name is Lauren Jade. She got another tooth this morning- that makes SIX! (And still bf'ing )
What kind of work do you do that you got to go to the gym with a client? That would be nice!
Is your son small for his age, since he was 4.5 wks early?
My dd was born on her exact due date- I was sure she would be late! They induced me, because of high blood pressure.
How was your labour?
Do you take Aidan for walks in a stroller or Snuggli? I usually try to every day.
Oh- I used to go to water aerobics and loved them. They are easier for me than normal aerobics, I am a little uncoordinated!
Do you have any weekend plans? Have a good one!
Old 05-30-2003, 10:10 PM   #9  
On my way!!

It was great to get back--I went again today! Did the elliptical & treadmill again. I also got the Winsor Pilates dvd's recently, but only have done them a few times. Tough!! I took walks with Aidan in his stroller when I was on leave, and me & DH walk together with him now. I never quite mastered the Snugli. His face kept getting buried in my chest. Didn't seem comfy for him.

I love the name Lauren! It is so ladylike. I had a very difficult labor with Aidan and had an emergency c-section. Every time I had a contraction, his heart rate dropped. I was in labor after my water broke for 27 hours before they took him. He was a good weight though, 6lbs 3 oz, which helped his condition to improve quickly. I was on bed rest for high bp but only for 2 days. They were concerned about preeclampsia...etc. It was a very difficult experience---with a wonderful ending.

I am an intensive case manager in mental health/mental ******ation. I have to help people create goals for themselves and then hook them up with resources that fit thier needs & can help them reach thier goals. One of my clients goals is to improve self-esteem. She said she wanted to start exerising. My company got some memberships to the wellness center. Ta-da!

I have considered myself very lucky in my job...until yesterday when they told me my job (along with 5 others) are being "abolished" as of June 30. We have a union and they are looking into everything. It is soooooo messed up and they are thinking they are pulling some unfair labor practices, blah, blah, blah.... It was hard enough coming back at all (out of financial need), to only be back one week and be let go. jerks. The "good" news is I can bump someone out of a position because I have some seniority, but I am really disappointed. and angry

AND! I am probably gonna have to get my gall bladder out very soon because I got pg induced gall stones. So much for getting back on the exercise train.

It's been a very tough week, that's for sure. I just keep reminding myself that a job is just a job. My wonderful DH & little man are all that really matter...

Anyway, as for weekend plans, we may go with our best friends and thier little 1 1/2 yr old Savanna to one of our cities museums. (we also get free passes to them with our compnay, & I figure better use 'em quick! )

Geez, sorry this post is so long!!! I hope you have a wonderful weekend!
Old 05-31-2003, 12:22 PM   #10  

Hey, no worries about long posts I love having lots to read! You sure have had a horrible bunch of news this week! Will your new job be similar to the one you have now, or do you not know yet?
I had my gallbladder out about 8 years ago. It wasn't anything major, but lifting a baby may be a bit tough! Do you have anyone to help you out for a few days?
I am trying to find a teaching job for fall- also out of financial need. Only problem is the city I live in gets enough applications that they only hire people with a couple years experience. Subbing doesn't count. So I could get lots of days subbing, and never get a permanent teaching job OR take and go away for awhile and be away from my husband... What a mess!
Have a great time at the museum!
Old 06-04-2003, 06:33 AM   #11  
On my way!!

Hi! I've been going crazy this week...trying to decide what to do. Looks like I might take the layoff (then I could be home with my little man!) We're trying to work it all out, but I'm starting to feel better...

I should have help when I have the gall bladder out. I can't imagin not picking him up though! I hear recovery's only for about a week though.

That sucks about your job too! Subbing should count as experience, that's rediculous. Do you know what you'll do when your leave is up?

The museums were great! It was a nice distraction. We also went to the movies to see the Italian Job--it was very good.

BTW, congrats on being so close to goal!!! That's awesome! I've been a little idetracked, but still getting in some exercise & my eating has been decent. Maybe I'll get back to the gym regularly once I'm out of work! I may be unemployed, but I'll look great!

Talk to you soo!
Old 06-04-2003, 01:02 PM   #12  

That would be ok if it worked out so you could be home with Aidan!
My hubby wants to see that movie, he collects Mini Coopers. I just remember seeing the original version and being bored to tears! Was this version more exciting?
I know what you mean about going to the gym, I would love to get there again!
I am applying for jobs all over the province. If I don't get anything I will sub. The only problem with that is that often I don't know I will be working until 7am. Finding a sitter could be rough! We will work it out though- no choice, since I have a mega student loan payment every month!
Have you been journaling, or just watching what you eat?
I hate those people who are lucky enough to have their pregnancy weight just fall off when they are nursing!! Must be nice!
Do you have lots of wt left to lose?
Have a great day!
Old 06-04-2003, 09:06 PM   #13  
On my way!!

Yes, the layoff is looking better every day. Today they couldn't even pay staff reimbursement costs (we get that from traveling around for clients). That's a big red flag. It's probably best to get out while the getting's good. When I think about staying home with Aidan I just smile inside! :

Subbing is a real racket. I used to work a relief shift at an inpatient psych. hospital for children after I got out of college and it was any shift at any time. That sucked. I'm sure you will work it out.

I must admit, I wasn't interested seeing the movie, but my DH wanted to. It was good. The cars are cute. I heard the actors did thier own driving, which impressed me. Seth Green was funny. Did you see Ocean's 11? It was alot like that--a heist movie. I Ocean's 11. Then again, I'd love anything with George Clooney in it.

Today (at work ) I saw Bruce Almighty. That was a good one too. Jim Carey used to get on my nerves, but he's growing on me.

I haven't been journaling, but I have been watching more. Eating more salads, less 's I was looking forward to the weight melting off with nursing--not happening Oh well.

So what's worked for you? You seem to be doing great in your weight loss goal! How long has it taken you to lose? It always seems like such a slow process, doesn't it?

Talk to you later!
Old 06-05-2003, 03:03 PM   #14  

Yeah, it really does seem like a slow process! The first time I did WW I lost 60+lbs in 5-6 months. It just fell off, I was so dedicated. Now I have all the weight to lose again. I have been back at WW since November, but am nowhere near as dedicated this time around. I have been pretty much stalled for the past 5 weeks. I feel pretty good at this weight, but I would like to get that last 10lbs off!
I didn't realize Seth Green was in The Italian Job-he is pretty funny, maybe I will go to it after all! My dh never wants to go to the movies, so I really shouldn't complain if he does!
It will be nice for you to be able to be home with Aidan- Lauren is 8 months and I couldn't even imagine going to work right now!!! I love being home with her!
Better run,
Have a good one!
Old 06-08-2003, 09:39 PM   #15  
On my way!!

Hi! Have you had a good weekend?

Ours has been busy, but pretty nice. Tomorrow we have to take Aidan for an appt. to check on his progress with his troubles from birth. We expect to hear good things! He's getting so big! I can't believe how fast he's growing! Everyone tells you that, but it really is something!

I'm looking forward to staying home with him that's for sure! What do you & Lauren do for fun? I just got Aidan down for the night & am going to spend some time with DH.

Have a great night!
Closed Thread