Old 03-24-2013, 03:21 PM   #1  

Default Looking for OLD WW Plan

Hi all...
I have been through almost EVERY WW plan that was on the market!
Just paid for yet another Online WW program- have been on it for 5 weeks now & I have only lost 5pounds! I either have the worse metabolism or I better get to the doc to check my Throid! I mean really...5#'s? I use to loose that in 1 week.
After trying the point system way to many times I have determined that this plan does not work for me! It actually gives me a license to steal!!! lol
Does anyone have the original WW Plan formthe 80's- 90's?This did work for me & it keeps me on track better. If anyone can help me thru this challenge I would appreciate it!
Thanks...Kim
lakergirl5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 08:52 AM   #2  
WW Moderator

I don't have the old plan info, but if you would like to post your food logs, I'm sure some of us would be happy to look it over and see if we can help.

Are you earning activity points? Are you eating all of your weekly points? How much do you weigh? Maybe we can find a solution for you.
Jennifer 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 01:22 PM   #3  
Less of a Better Me

Did you use the original plan back in the 80s or 90s? (Actually that wasn't the original plan but it is a different plan from the current plan). If so, then more has changed since then than the plan.

I am a lifetime member who used that plan and it was an exchange plan and did work for me. However, I know it wouldn't work the same for me now because, well, I'm 25 years older than when I started the plan. As we get older we lose muscle mass and so our resting metabolic rate changes and what we could used to eat and lose on will now not get burned off and we can gain weight.

WW is not designed to lose 5 pounds a week. It is designed to lose 1 to 2 pounds a week. You don't say how old you or or how much weigh. That can make a difference in how much you lose. WW sets up the plan for example that you don't eat less than 1000 calories a day. Someone who for example has a goal weight of 125 and weighs 145 would find it very difficult to lose 2 pounds a week unless extremely active.

On the other hand, some one at high weight may find it possible for a time to less more than 2 pounds a week. However, for good health, WW does not encourage that.

As far as why not losing, I recently got a fitbit and I also have an ActiveLink. WW in setting your points assumes a certain amount of base line activity. Before I had the Active Link I would exercise during the week and thought I was fine on activity. After I got the Active Link I found out that even on the days that I exercised I was usually sitting enough (office job and mostly sitting when at home) that I wasn't meeting my baseline. In other words I wasn't burning enough calories to cause me to consistently lose 2 pounds a week.

Since then I've gotten a fitbit which tells me how many calories I am burning. I enter the calories I eat at Myfitness pal which then sends them to Fitbit. Fitbit then tells me what my calories deficit is for the day. So far (only a few weeks into it) the Fitbit has been very accurate in projecting for him how much I am going to lose. I've been taking a 40 minute walk each day and even then I rarely reach WW baseline and I am only losing 1 pound a week.

For a long time I wondered why I was losing only 1/2 a pound a week when I was following the eating program and I was using my rower several days a week and I was lifting weights. I realize it was because I still wasn't burning enough calories to meet my WW baseline.
Koshka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 12:08 PM   #4  

Default Looking for Old Points Plan

Well I am sorry that i can't help you.
I am Looking for the Weight Watchers Winning Points Plan.
Does anyone know where you can get it?
JmClark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 11:06 PM   #5  

If you have the Quick Success Cookbook, the entire Quick Start program is printed in there. The cookbook is still available on amazon, I think.
westiemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 07:27 AM   #6  

Try Ebay! maybe this will help too http://www.calculator.net/weight-wat...alculator.html
dgjp8991 is offline   Reply With Quote