General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 03-23-2013, 04:20 PM   #1  

Default How to get started?

How did everyone take the first step in their weight loss journey,i find it hard to get started i always want that "junk" food or not so healthy food....
Notsoskinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 07:11 PM   #2  

Height: 5'8.5"

I started by stopping night eating and also by leaving out a bowl of chopped fresh veggies and/or fruit on my kitchen counter which I could eat any time I wanted it. And gradually cut out most of the processed food, chemicals, etc. (which is where most of the addictive substances are). It really worked!

I also joined a gym with a pool and started working out a lot

Last edited by Misti in Seattle; 03-23-2013 at 07:12 PM.
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 09:05 PM   #3  
Living Intuitively

S/C/G: Heavy/Happy/Free

Height: 5'6"

After doing A LOT of research- I started out big.
Someone just unearthed a thread I started 2 months ago, which reminded me:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-...-judge-me.html

So in a brief synopsis- I would start with a really great multi-vitamin and an essential fatty acid (like krill oil or cod liver oil). Really up the veggies and fruits.

I'd look into l-glutamine or chromium if you have sugar cravings. I'd look into dl-phenylalanine if you crave the comfort of "junk" food.
Actually- I'd just recommend taking a really nice amino acid complex.

And then I'd cut the junk. It's hard to stop the cravings if you don't give the body a chance to recover and rebalance itself.
lunarsongbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 10:45 AM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notsoskinny View Post
How did everyone take the first step in their weight loss journey,i find it hard to get started i always want that "junk" food or not so healthy food....
The first step is to make a conscious decision to commit to whatever program you decide to follow. Someone here has a signature that reads "It's not about willpower, it's about commitment" or something like that. Pretty much says it all.

It may help to change one small habit that you know is hurting you - mine was night-time snacking, along with a couple of glasses of wine. Stopped all that and it jump-started my weight loss. If you can change one thing and make it a new habit, it becomes easier to change other things.

Good Luck on your journey!
SouthernMaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 08:53 PM   #5  
Starting Over Again

S/C/G: 195/195/150

Height: 5'5"

I started out by cutting out soda and sugary drinks. Then I started adding more fruit and vegetables to what I would normally eat. Then I started cutting back portion sizes.

Writing down everything you eat really helps as well.
Psychic is offline   Reply With Quote