General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 03-20-2013, 07:25 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 317/292/150

Height: 5'3 ½

Default He's not interested in me?

I won't bore you with the whole conversation but I will post the end of it.
"it's honestly sooo hard to get you to talk. Maybe it's just me. I was interested in you before, I mean I thought you were so handsome and interesting but it's cool. I am glad we can be friends. "

And this was his reply
"Regardless....I still think you're sexy as ****!!! Hope you're having a great day"

Then about 30 minutes later he text "hey good looking, how's your day?"

It doesn't seem like he is interested in me the same way I am him, does it? I'm so awkward, I don't have good convo skills. We have never discussed anything before as far as liking each other but we text all of the time and I was hoping he had some interest in me.
I have been single for almost two years, I guess I should stay that way. LOL!
livelaughlovesunshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 08:09 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 183/166/135

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by livelaughlovesunshin View Post
I won't bore you with the whole conversation but I will post the end of it.
"it's honestly sooo hard to get you to talk. Maybe it's just me. I was interested in you before, I mean I thought you were so handsome and interesting but it's cool. I am glad we can be friends. "

And this was his reply
"Regardless....I still think you're sexy as ****!!! Hope you're having a great day"

Then about 30 minutes later he text "hey good looking, how's your day?"

It doesn't seem like he is interested in me the same way I am him, does it? I'm so awkward, I don't have good convo skills. We have never discussed anything before as far as liking each other but we text all of the time and I was hoping he had some interest in me.
I have been single for almost two years, I guess I should stay that way. LOL!
Meh, I'm always turned off when guys respond with something sexual if we are not in a long-term relationship or if I haven't known them a long time. To me it's just a sign that they're not into me in a real relationship way. Which, fair enough, but if I'm looking for a real relationship and he says something like this I just move on.

He responded to your heartfelt honest comment you made with a superficial "well you're still sexy". Um, thanks? What does that have to do with talking and being interesting?

You don't have to stay single, you just have to find the right person. And he doesn't sound like the right person.
BreathingSpace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 08:39 PM   #3  
Krissy Missy

S/C/G: 181/see ticker/120

Height: 5'2"

...I'm confused, it sounds like you aren't interested in him!

And yes to what BreathingSpace said, the "well you're still sexy" comment sounds superficial, unless maybe he was using the casual nature of it as self defense?

I think some more details/background would be helpful to interpret this.
Missy Krissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 08:45 PM   #4  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreathingSpace View Post
Meh, I'm always turned off when guys respond with something sexual if we are not in a long-term relationship or if I haven't known them a long time. To me it's just a sign that they're not into me in a real relationship way. Which, fair enough, but if I'm looking for a real relationship and he says something like this I just move on.

He responded to your heartfelt honest comment you made with a superficial "well you're still sexy". Um, thanks? What does that have to do with talking and being interesting?

You don't have to stay single, you just have to find the right person. And he doesn't sound like the right person.
This^^
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 08:49 PM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missy Krissy View Post

...I'm confused, it sounds like you aren't interested in him!

And yes to what BreathingSpace said, the "well you're still sexy" comment sounds superficial, unless maybe he was using the casual nature of it as self defense?

I think some more details/background would be helpful to interpret this.
This was via email late at night, he kept messaging me and I would always respond but I knew that he was doing homework so I didn't want to bother him. I said something along the lines of don't study too hard, good night. He messaged back with something like "well you know I am going to be texting you."
He texts me quiet often but it's hard to carry on a conversation with him. Either he is very reserved or just not interested. Probably just not interested.
He's the complete opposite of me. He's very athletic, crazy good looking, has a Bachelor's degree and is working on a second while I am working on my first, and he is about 17 years older than me.
Old 03-20-2013, 08:50 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

I don't think he is interested, forget him and move on.PS I would never ask a guy if he is interested in me, makes the girl sound needy.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 08:51 PM   #7  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

For God's sake. He is a guy. You just told him that you once found him handsome and interesting. That's like throwing gasoline on a match. He's hot for you. And that's about as good a text as a guy is gonna give.

If you like him, well done. If not, oops.

But he is too old.

The best way to cool a guy down is to say nothing.

Last edited by IanG; 03-20-2013 at 08:55 PM.
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 08:52 PM   #8  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 236/135-140/More Fit

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreathingSpace View Post

Agreed x2. Like he'd shut you up by "complimenting" you. Maybe he's just an idiot. Idk. He may be attracted to you, or interested in sex, but I definitely don't get a relationship vibe. So, it really all depends on what YOU want. Fling? I think he's in. Relationship? Doesn't seem like he's in that mindset.
LockItUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 08:56 PM   #9  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 236/135-140/More Fit

Quote:
Originally Posted by livelaughlovesunshin View Post
he is about 17 years older than me.
Yikes yikes yikes! Makes his comments seem even worse. How old are you? Now I'm worried I just told a teenager to have sex with a man 17 years older. If you are very young I take it back!!!!!!!!!!!! Times a million!!!
LockItUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 09:02 PM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by bargoo View Post
I don't think he is interested, forget him and move on.PS I would never ask a guy if he is interested in me, makes the girl sound needy.
I wasn't going to but a male friend told me to. I guess I should have known to do the opposite. LOL!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanG View Post
For God's sake. He is a guy. You just told him that you once found him handsome and interesting. That's like throwing gasoline on a match. He's hot for you. And that's about as good a text as a guy is gonna give.

But he is too old.

I was interested in him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LockItUp View Post
Agreed x2. Like he'd shut you up by "complimenting" you. Maybe he's just an idiot. Idk. He may be attracted to you, or interested in sex, but I definitely don't get a relationship vibe. So, it really all depends on what YOU want. Fling? I think he's in. Relationship? Doesn't seem like he's in that mindset.
I don't get the relationship vibe either, I just needed to hear it from someone else I suppose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LockItUp View Post
Yikes yikes yikes! Makes his comments seem even worse. How old are you? Now I'm worried I just told a teenager to have sex with a man 17 years older. If you are very young I take it back!!!!!!!!!!!! Times a million!!!
I am 26.
Old 03-20-2013, 09:03 PM   #11  

Quote:

But he is too old.

I was interested in him a lot but his response made it go down greatly.
Old 03-20-2013, 09:09 PM   #12  

Quote:
43 is too old. You can find someone better, younger and more handsome than that. I'm 38. So I speak from the heart on this.
Thank you
Old 03-20-2013, 09:10 PM   #13  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

43 is too old. You can find someone better, younger and more handsome than that. I'm 38. So I speak from the heart on this.
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 12:57 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 240/216/140

Height: 5'3"

I have a little different take on this.

Just because "he's a guy" doesn't mean he doesn't have insecurities or doubts. Maybe he's crazy about you but didn't know how to respond to you saying you THOUGHT he was handsome and interesting. Maybe he didn't want to lose your interest and said something he thought would catch your attention. Then softened it with "good looking". I could be way off. My brother talks to me about any woman he finds interest in and he's the shy type and ends up putting his foot in his mouth a lot.

I don't think age is so much a factor as maturity and intentions. Unless the age difference makes it illegal, then no go.
SweetAsCanBe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 01:23 AM   #15  
Fit Chick Summer 2013

S/C/G: 380/190/120

Height: 5'6

Yeah he's only interested in sex he doesn't care about you is what I am getting from it, the way he replied seems disrespectful. Steer clear I would say as well.

Like he doesn't care about your feelings or what you even said ... but he knows you are into him now so he thinks he can get sex out of you sort of way.

Last edited by going2bskinny; 03-21-2013 at 01:27 AM.
going2bskinny is offline   Reply With Quote