Old 03-18-2013, 10:21 PM   #1  
Living Intuitively

S/C/G: Heavy/Happy/Free

Height: 5'6"

Default Trying Something VERY Different for Me

I've been nearly at the same weight for about a month now. Although not terribly concerning- I just feel like shaking things up a bit. Why not? I also thought about when Ian mentioned in a previous thread that if you're obese- you should just power through and get the weight off as quickly as possible. So might as well "play" around on this journey.

So my consultant recommended their All Day Weight Loss Support.

This is what they say about it:
Metabolic Research centers 'All Day Weight Loss Plan' contains 4 different supplements specifically designed to coincide with the body's daily nutritional need to achieve optimal weight loss throughout the entire day.

The 'Before Breakfast support' formulation is designed to optimize the body's weight loss by suppressing appetite, supporting adrenal and cortisol production, and slowing sugar and carbohydrate absorption.

The 'Before Lunch Support' formulation is designed to speed metabolism, control blood sugar and reduce food cravings.

The 'Before Dinner support' capsules contains ingredients which block the conversion of carbohydrates into simple sugars.

The 'Before Bedtime support' capsules contains Vitamin B6 (which plays a critical role in many of the body's metabolic processes) and 13 other ingredients to help lose weight, restore sleep patterns and increase nocturnal fat burning.

So far I have only taken the Lunch Support- and it made me feel a little...hmm...hyper? anxious? It has guarana in it and I don't use caffeine. It will be interesting how I react. From what I've researched and read- I'm not terribly concerned about the safety of the products. All the products my center uses are also doctor approved. :: shrugs ::
(Just to note- I don't have any health problems, my blood pressure is great and my heart is healthy.)

Has anyone else added thermogenics to their weight loss program in the past? How did you like it?

I'm really interested in seeing how these supplements make me feel throughout the day. I love the idea of being fully supported throughout the day. We'll see how it goes!
lunarsongbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 10:27 PM   #2  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

Let us know. But my best advice is eat salads. Without too much dressing!

Last edited by IanG; 03-18-2013 at 10:30 PM.
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 10:38 PM   #3  
Living Intuitively

I would rather be obese then have to eat boring salads. LOL! Haha...I love food. I adore good food. Yummm.....

I'm still going to be eating healthy food derived from the earth and exercising 5ish days a week. OOOOooh...which reminds me! I started C25K today and didn't die. LOL.

I think the supplements are really just to get my head back in the game more then anything. I do <3 me some supplements though.

Last edited by lunarsongbird; 03-19-2013 at 12:23 AM.
Old 03-18-2013, 10:45 PM   #4  
ONEderland, I 0wn you!

S/C/G: 289/195/169

Height: 5'10"

I still take my gummy prenatals, and add in a B complex vitamin, a D3 and flaxseed and fish oil. Other than that...it's hard to remember those, usually. What all is the fillers in them? I'd be more concerned with the appetite supression (dexatrin flashbacks) and the feeling of hyperactiveness (the 90's ephinephrine craze) comes to mind. The description of the before dinner one, reminds me of a convo I had a very long time ago with a guy I dated, he was pre-med at Columbia and doing fruit fly research and somehow we got to talking about diet supplements and that whole industry and he was telling me about a new, promising looking additive that looked like it would truly work to block the conversion of simple carbs and help the body release them without absorption. It was Olestra with all its fun filled side affects.

I hope it gives you the kick start you need with zero side affects!!
Angihas2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 11:35 PM   #5  
Living Intuitively

Haha...that Olestra thing made me giggle! I was working at a grocery store when Wow! chips first came out. Oh man....they flew off the shelves- and then I bet people flew into the bathroom.

Here are the labels:
Old 03-18-2013, 11:36 PM   #6  
Living Intuitively

There is nothing that I find to be particularly alarming. I usually try to find things that have been banned in other countries- then I steer clear (ala Stevia).

ETA: I googled Phospholipids because I haven't learned much about them. Apparently they "serve an extremely important function in our bodies, they form the cell membranes." (In the bedtime formula.)

Last edited by lunarsongbird; 03-18-2013 at 11:48 PM.
Old 03-18-2013, 11:40 PM   #7  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

good luck!
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 12:12 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 286/see ticker/130

Height: 5'6

Good luck, and keep us posted. I've read so many different opinions on thermogenics that it's hard to know what's what.

Congrats on starting C25K (and not dying lol), I never thought I'd be able to run long distance till I tried it. Next you'll have to try the Zombies Run App
charliee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 09:31 AM   #9  
Living Intuitively

Well- I think I slept okay last night. I woke up at 3 AM, but that's when DH got into bed and it usually wakes me up. I did have a bit of a strange experience though- I had to determine this morning if I was dreaming about my supplements last night (good sleep) or just thinking about them (bed sleep). I'm pretty sure I was dreaming, because I woke up without a problem this morning.

The bedtime or evening supplement also seems to have something in it that aids with elimination movement, which is great, because sometimes that is something I struggle with. Overall I am feeling pretty alert and way less bloated today. Yay.