Closed Thread

Old 05-19-2003, 03:03 PM   #1  

Height: 5'7"

Default Thin4Life - May 19, 2003

Good afternoon Lifers, soon-to-be-Lifers and anyone else who wants to join in!

Another weekend is past and here it is Monday afternoon! I had a busy weekend--DS #1 went to the prom, went to the Highland Games and rugby tournament, and did some stuff around the house. I did manage to get some walking in but not as much as I should have. I haven't done my WATP tapes the last 3 days...am planning on getting back into that groove.

Hope everyone had a great weekend! Weather here is perfect--75+ degrees now. Over the lunch hour it was quite a bit cooler and perfect for walking. Not much else happening here...still struggle with the weekends but I figure 5 out of 7 isn't bad
Old 05-19-2003, 04:01 PM   #2  

Height: 6'0"

Hi, Melissa.

I was busy this weekend. DH and I did lots of chores and cleaning around the house. Then we went to a picnic and then to a cocktail party followed by a play. (That was Saturday).

On Sunday, I went to church, then worked in the yard, ran errands, and then went to the beach (that was the best part).

This week is absolutely crazy. I'm the chairperson for a seminar with 100 attendees (Friday). Then I am in a concert singing solos with three other people (Friday, Saturday and Sunday). The rest of this week is rehearsals and helping with the stage setup.

I've still got those pesky 2 pounds, but at least I haven't gained.

Hello to all other posters: Susan, lala, Patch.
Old 05-20-2003, 10:40 AM   #3  

Hi Melissa, Domina . Sounds like we all enjoyed a busy weekend.

My family arrived late Friday nite complete with a $200+ speeding ticket. Guess my heavy-footed sister will think twice before she speeds in Nova Scotia again We had a great weekend otherwise. The weather was absolutely gorgeous, and continues to be. We managed to get a little yard work done yesterday, and washed the cars as well. (It was a long weekend here in Canada.)

DH left this morning on a three-week sea cruise (work, not play). They will go as far south as New Jersey, then head north again to do some work off of Sable Island. I generally enjoy the first few days (no schedule, cooking, etc.) but the novelty soon wears off. I just don't enjoy the solitude as much as I used to.

My weight continues to bother me. Apparently, not enough to do something about it though. Having a hard time getting back on the wagon, but at least I started tracking again this morning.
Old 05-20-2003, 06:07 PM   #4  
si, si signora

Hi everyone,
I'm back for the next two weeks and then off again.

It was soo nice to sleep in my own bed .

Susan, DP leaves on Friday for 10 days of larval survey work in the gulf of alaska. She is soo not excited and I can't blame her.

I'll use the time to get work done and do a little clean out.

I can't believe that I'll be in Halifax in a little over two weeks.

Domina -- sounds like you had a nice weekend, good luck with the conference!

Melissa - Ooh, the prom! Was it fun? I'm glad its 75 degrees there and not here.

Other than that, my weight continues to plague me. Its just going up, up and up and I'm just soo stressed to deal.

However, I'm trying to just do one more thing each day (water, points counting, thinking before eating) and soon I'll be back on track.

More later,

lala
Old 05-21-2003, 07:51 AM   #5  

Height: 5'7"

Good morning everyone!

75 on Monday, 45 today....the ever changing weather of Erie...the saying goes if you don't like the weather just wait a little bit and it'll change! Today feels more like a fall day rather than late spring!

Lala, Domina, Seasaw: It seems we're all battling the same problem--the pesky pounds that won't budge! I know that part of my problem is stress and some mindless eating. I need to get back on the straight and narrow path and use the knowledge I've gained from WW. It's just hard at times! Life is busy and I know if I take care of myself (i.e. eating right, exercise, water, etc.) I'll feel better all the way around. So, why don't we focus on one thing this week...and go from there? Anyone game?

Lala: DS said he had a good time...didn't elaborate a whole heckuva lot but that's typical. He did say the club that they had the prom at was kind of small for the amount of kids that were there. They went out to dinner and after the prom they went to a friend's house for a while. In a few short weeks he graduates *sigh*

Work is getting busier...orientation starts in 32 days so we're getting all the prep work done--folders, badges, etc. I'm taking tomorrow off as a vacation day to "play"...I can really tell I didn't take a week off and visit my friend in FL this year. I have a doctor appointment first thing in the morning but after that I don't have anything until the late afternoon.

How's everyone else doing?
Old 05-21-2003, 08:05 AM   #6  

Melissa: I like your idea of tackling things one element at a time. Since I'm heading out of town on business for the next two days, I think I'll concentrate on tracking. If I could at least see in black and white the number of points that I'm consuming, it might get my attention. BTW, my nephew graduates in a few weeks too. It's hard to believe he's almost 18.

Lala: Will you be in Halifax on vacation or are you passing through on your way to St. Pierre-Miquelon? If it's the latter, I'd love to hear your impressions. We've never been but have talked about it. The weather gods have been nice to us this past week; hope it lasts.

Domina: Hope your week is going well. You certainly have your hands full.

Well, I'm off to beautiful Cape Breton this morning for meetings. I'll check in on Friday. Ta-Ta.

Susan

p.s. Three teenaged girls were talking on the bus this morning about how to sabotage cars. They said that slabs of bologna applied early on a sunny day will strip the paint off, that sand and metal filings in the gas tank do a better job of ruining the motor than sugar, etc. What the h*** is that about???
Old 05-21-2003, 12:53 PM   #7  
si, si signora

Hi there all!

Its a lovely day here in the emerald city. I am exposing my delightully un tanned legs to the rest of the world. I hope they don't run away screaming.

Susan,
One day in Halifax on the return from SPM. I can't wait. I'm staying somewhere downtown, I wanted to stay at the old CP hotel (westin), but the egg producers of canada are having a convention that week. I should be happy we got a room and not a coop.

I can't wait to get to SPM. I think I'll pack like I'm going to the Queen Charlottes or the Aleutians in spring. Lots of layers and goretex. I am happy for you to see the Canadian dollar is much stronger and not very happy for me.

As for the nasty girls ~~ yech, I can't believe that someone would do something that awful to anyone. Where are they learning this stuff from? Their parents?

Melissa~~ What are DS's plans after he graduates? Is he going to your university/college? I hope you took the prom photos for posterity.

Domina~~ hope all your ducks are lining up for your conference.

Other than that, as I hung out laundry onMonday night, I am hoping its dry by today.

lala
Old 05-22-2003, 08:20 AM   #8  

Height: 6'0"

Hi all.

I went to a rehearsal for the concert last night. It went fairly well; a little disorganized.

The conference is organized. I just wish it was over. I've told myself--never again. There is so much stuff to haul to the conference center that my husband is helping me (thank God) and we will need 2 vehicles. There are books and folders and nametags and door prizes, etc. Yes, I had a committee, but some of them cannot attend for a variety of reasons. I'm just glad that food will be served and I don't have to cook it!!

Closed Thread