General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 03-16-2013, 08:24 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 256/ticker/240

Height: 5' 7"

Default CNN - Escape Fire

CNN has a documentary on called Escape Fire. If you get a chance.....watch it. It's about healthcare in this country.

Since everyone on this board, is trying to take care of themself by getting healthy, I think you'll find this a very ineresting show. I couldn't turn the channel until it went off. If ou have a DVR tape it.

Leave a comment if you saw it.
2feelbetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 09:01 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 252/215/150

Height: 5'10

I actually have it on right now. I don't know how I feel about documentaries like this one. It's enlightening and enraging at the same time. I doubt the system is going to change anytime soon despite knowing what is going on. The people at the top just have too much power. Sort of like this gun situation. 92% of the country wants background checks yet not a single republican voted for the measure. I feel like "the will of the people" got lost somewhere along the way.
Scarlett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 10:44 AM   #3  
Recovering Pantry Pest

S/C/G: 174.5/162/149

Height: 5'7"

Yes, I saw it and wished I had recorded it. Hopefully it's out there where I can download it and burn it to a DVD. No one in the food industry, the pharmaceutical industry, or the medical industry wants people to be healthy - there's no money in it. Finding your local farmer who treats his animals and plants with dignity, reading labels, and searching for the right doctor who supports a true quest for best health all take a lot of time. So does gathering the "cutting edge" info (which is actually more like uncovering ancient history) about what makes your body run best and heal fastest. It's all worth it. The motto isn't so much "physician, heal thyself" as it is simply, "Heal yourself".
ICUwishing is offline   Reply With Quote