Old 03-12-2013, 10:37 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 250/249/125

Height: 5'3 ish

Wink Do I need to change my activity level.

Okay so I use loseit, which set me at 1654 calories, lightly active, losing two pounds a week. What I'm wondering is that after a month tracking I am exercising more. I walk around 4-6 hours a week on average, though at a slow pace. Plus I have two little boys who keep me bouncing around. I'm just wondering if I am more "active" than I used. I don't have a problem with my calories now and normally feel satisfied. I also don't eat those calories back. So what I'm worried about is not having anywhere to go calorie wise as I lose weight. What do you all think?

Last edited by Thinforme; 03-12-2013 at 10:39 AM.
Thinforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 01:17 PM   #2  
Dukanista

S/C/G: high263/current257/ticker/198

Height: 5'7"

I think you have to look at all of these calorie estimates as a starting point. They really aren't that precise in terms of accurately being able to count exactly how many calories you eat or burn. So if you are eating enough to feel full and energetic and you are losing weight at a comfortable pace, then why why fix something that isn't broken? You can always change things up later on if your losses stall or if you are getting too hungry, etc.
April Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 02:05 PM   #3  

Thats what I was thinking also April, I just get worried about the needing to lower calories as you drop.
Old 03-12-2013, 02:44 PM   #4  
Trying for normal

S/C/G: 253/ticker/175

Height: 5'5"

Some people do need to drop cals and some don't. Also as your fitness increases your time exercising may not go up, but the intensity will/should. So you should be walking faster and maybe doing some other stuff, too.
AlmostMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 03:33 PM   #5  
IR/PCOS/Pre-Diabetic

S/C/G: 310/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'4"

I figure if I probably overestimate my activity level. So I tend to keep it at sedentary/low-activity even when I'm able to exercise more vigorously. Changes in my activity level will only move the calories allowed up... and I don't think that's a good trend for me wanting to lose more.

Plus, I can always tell when I've been exercising "too much" for me, because I get much more hungry. "Conventional Wisdom" in the 40s and 50s was for dieters to avoid exercise precisely because it made them more hungry. So I'm happy with a walk now and then, and some resistance training, and not much more.
synger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 03:44 PM   #6  

Thats why I set mine at lightly because I'd really not want to overestimate and be over eating. That is why I don't reeat my exercise calories "I dont trust them to be exact" I will eat 25% maybe a bit more because I know that I burned at least that many. I researched "read" a magazine that talked about lowering as you went and psyched myself out lol. I will stick with what is working and "cross" that bridge when and if it happens