Old 03-11-2013, 09:53 PM   #1  
Awesome

S/C/G: 231/see ticker/120

Height: 5'5

Default My WW Journey (it's a long one LOL).

Hi All,

My name is Kimmy and i'm a serial WW'er. Haha, In all seriousness though, I have attempted WW SO MANY TIMES and I'm only 22. I truly believe WW works, the issue I have always had though is I am somewhat of a perfectionist. If I would not live up to my points expectation or make a stuff up I would give up.. I guess it's kind of a all or nothing attiude.

For most of my life I have been around 70-76kg but in the last year or two that has ballooned up to 100kg+. I am currently sitting at 102kg I believe, something that is very scary to me. I know that this is my time for change, and I cant expect it to go smoothly, but if I stick with it I will get there. I need the support and accountability.

In New Zealand we have the 360 plan, not sure how that relates worldwide. But it's basically propoints with the free fruits etc and then the 40odd weekly points. I have my first meeting tomorrow which I am quite nervous about, but am going to sign up for the monthly payment plan so that I am definitely committed!!

Look forward to getting to know you all
kimmy4stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 11:21 PM   #2  
Jillian stole my abs!

S/C/G: 195.8/138/140

Height: 5'5"

Welcome! It does work!

I'm proof!
shcirerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 05:51 AM   #3  
Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by shcirerf View Post
Welcome! It does work!

I'm proof!
Thanks so much, you have done amazingly! What an inspiration!
Old 03-12-2013, 06:19 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 278.4/see siggy/178.4

Height: 5'6"

Welcome to WW and 3FC!

As a relative WW newbie, I have been impressed at how well WW works when you follow the plan and don't let little slips derail your progress.

I am down 19 lbs (8.5kg) and my DH is down 24 lbs (10kg) since January 7. There are others on here that are very inspirational (100+ lbs of weight loss).
gooch100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 10:08 PM   #5  
Awesome

Thanks gooch! Its so great to see everyones progress.. So far so good, and i am suprised at how full I am just by eating my points!

You have done so well! You must be so stoked with your progress!
Old 03-19-2013, 07:27 AM   #6  
Sassafrass

S/C/G: 325/240/175

Height: 5'5"

Welcome!!!!
SoMuchFattitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 04:19 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 232/155/155

Height: 5'4"

I agree- I've been overweight my entire adult life (I'm 45) and went grudgingly to my first WW meeting Jan of 2012. For whatever reason- it clicked with me. I like being able to eat what I like as long as I don't go over my allotted points plus and I've found so many swaps for things I've always loved and now like most of them better than the higher calorie originals!

For me, the meetings have been super-important. The support, the great ideas I got, the accountability at the scale each week...all just as important as how I chose to eat and exercise.

Kimmy, if you're a perfectionist then tracking and writing it all down should really help! I've been so anal about it, lol! I did find that the times I fudged and didn't track what went in my mouth, the scale would either not move or go in the wrong direction. It really does work if you follow it! You can do it!! I never thought I could and I start my first week of maintenance next week.

Good Luck!!
LauraK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 06:17 PM   #8  
Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraK View Post
I agree- I've been overweight my entire adult life (I'm 45) and went grudgingly to my first WW meeting Jan of 2012. For whatever reason- it clicked with me. I like being able to eat what I like as long as I don't go over my allotted points plus and I've found so many swaps for things I've always loved and now like most of them better than the higher calorie originals!

For me, the meetings have been super-important. The support, the great ideas I got, the accountability at the scale each week...all just as important as how I chose to eat and exercise.

Kimmy, if you're a perfectionist then tracking and writing it all down should really help! I've been so anal about it, lol! I did find that the times I fudged and didn't track what went in my mouth, the scale would either not move or go in the wrong direction. It really does work if you follow it! You can do it!! I never thought I could and I start my first week of maintenance next week.

Good Luck!!
Thanks Laura, you have done so well!

Yes, but unfortuantely in terms of perfectionism.. See I try to plan my day in advance, but if/when I eat and it doesn't match that plan is where is comes unraveling. Unfortuantely just writing what i eat as i eat it makes me feel out of control. Its a mental thing, I'm working on it

So far so good, Im really struggling with eating all my points though!

SoMuchFattitude - Love the name!!!
Old 03-27-2013, 06:55 AM   #9  
Awesome

So heading to my weigh in in about 12 hours! End of week one so far so good, a few wobbles but that is to be expected really!

Really proud of a few of the decisions I have made good wise this week, and have made a huge effort with water (literally from only diet drinks to
1-2 litres a day.

My normal weigh in day is Friday but am weighing in on Thursday as is Easter Friday so WW meeting is cancelled. Sucks that I lose a day but excited nonetheless!

Just so relieved that I have found something I can comitt to, that doesn't have strict rules and where I feel FULL!! Next mission - exercise

Last edited by kimmy4stan; 03-27-2013 at 06:59 AM.
Old 03-27-2013, 08:10 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 125

Height: 5"1"

Surprised they are closed on Good Friday, here in the states we are only closed on major holidays like Christmas, Thanksgiving, Memorial Day etc., and I am working on Good Friday! Perfectionists have it hard, as no one is perfect, not even perfectionists lol. It's going to be a long haul, so there will be things that come up that you hadn't anticipated. Learning to get up, dust yourself off and keep going is probably THE most important thing for you to learn at the moment. Come here when you're tempted to just throw in the towel! Go to your meeting and share it with them too. 360 is awesome - you will be concentrating on TINY changes that bring big results - one at a time. Good luck, you will do great!
carrieanne6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 07:17 AM   #11  
Awesome

Well lost 1.7kg so 3.7lbs so can't complain!

carrieanne6 - Yeah pretty much all shops are closed Easter Friday and Sunday in New Zealand, i'm working Easter Monday though! Thanks, yeah i am just trying to take it one day at a time