Old 03-11-2013, 06:41 PM   #1  
Hi, I'm Lauren! :)

S/C/G: SW:209 / CW:184/ GW:~160

Height: 5'4

Default Sparkling Ice

So my mom has introduced us to a new calorie, sugar free, flavorful carbonated beverage that I have been drinking like it's going out of style: Sparkling Ice!

Each bottle is 17oz, comes in a delicious, fruity flavor, and according to the label is infused with vitamins and green tea extract. I'm enjoying the **** of them as a soda replacement -- but is it really any different from drinking diet soda? What do y'all think?
mimsyborogoves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 11:48 AM   #2  

Height: 5"6

Hey Lauren! I've never heard of it but it sounds delish! I'd look at the label and see what the artificial sweetener is. If it's aspartame, then I would imagine it's the same as diet pop, since I thought that was what made diet pop 'bad'?

Then again, if it's a flavoured water drink, then maybe it is different? lol my post is pretty darn unhelpful, as I read. I just wanted you to be answered!
NorthernChick13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 12:03 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 160/152/120

Height: 5'2"

I miss pop, I can't stand the taste of diet pop, so it's not even an alternative. Pop is a huge downfall for me, if it's in the house, I will drink glass after glass of it. I talked to my DH, and we just decided not to buy any. But I miss it. Maybe I will look for this Sparkling Ice stuff.
NiagaraGrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 02:28 PM   #4  
Hi, I'm Lauren! :)

S/C/G: SW:209 / CW:184/ GW:~160

Height: 5'4

It's sweetened with sucrolose, or Splenda and jus carbonated "mountain spring" water, and the ingredients are those, whatever little bit of juice they use for the flavor, and then all the vitamins and green tea extract. Seems legit to me lol
mimsyborogoves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 03:42 PM   #5  
Heidi

S/C/G: 204.5/149/153

Height: 5'7"

I stopped drinking it after I noticed that my lips were bright red after drinking the red one. Made me wonder about just how much food coloring was in them! Also, I have noticed that as they sat in the fridge for a really long time (since I wasn't drinking them) some sort of precipitate fell to the bottom of the bottle. Not sure what that would be...

So all in all, I think they are pretty junky.
newleaf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 03:47 PM   #6  
Heidi

S/C/G: 204.5/149/153

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimsyborogoves View Post
It's sweetened with sucrolose, or Splenda and jus carbonated "mountain spring" water, and the ingredients are those, whatever little bit of juice they use for the flavor, and then all the vitamins and green tea extract. Seems legit to me lol
When I looked at the ingredients on line, there are undefined "natural flavors" and different food dyes depending on the flavor. Also malic acid (what's that?), potassium benzoate, gum arabic, ester gum, maltodextrin, yellow #5, blue #1, red #40, etc.

I'm not saying they are necessarily bad to drink, but don't allow yourself to be fooled into thinking that they are just juice, water, vitamins, and tea.
newleaf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 11:28 PM   #7  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by newleaf123 View Post
I stopped drinking it after I noticed that my lips were bright red after drinking the red one. Made me wonder about just how much food coloring was in them! Also, I have noticed that as they sat in the fridge for a really long time (since I wasn't drinking them) some sort of precipitate fell to the bottom of the bottle. Not sure what that would be...

So all in all, I think they are pretty junky.
i noticed both of those too...but i do LOVE the orange and the red ones...i dont like the lemon lime one but i dont like that flavor in general so i usually let the kids "steal" those ones lol...i dont pretend they are all that healthy but i DO like to drink them and keep a case(?) or whatever they come in, at work in my fridge
alaskanlaughter is offline   Reply With Quote