Old 03-10-2013, 01:34 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 255 / 230 / 185

Height: 5' 5"

Default Thoughts on this Meal Idea please!

So, I have some wonderful low fat chicken sausage and I wanted to make an italian wedding soup (without the pasta) for dinner (my lean and green).

The meal would consist of 2 cups chicken stock, 2 cups spinach (will cook down to about 1 cup) and 5 oz. of chicken sausage (pre cooked).

I am going into week three and have lost 13 pounds so far. I don't want to mess up my losing but I wanted to try something a little different for dinner.

How would I figure out what the lean/green is on this. I'm assuming the green is ok and may need to add more spinach or another vegi but I'm not sure how to figure out the stock. It is 97% fat free and low sodium.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.
YvonneH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 04:35 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/168

Height: 5'6"

Stock should have 1 g carbs or less per cup and you should try to use low sodium. One cup of stock is one condiment. You need another veggie serving as well. The chicken sausage may or may not be on plan. It is probably high in sodium so check that. It should have little to no carbs, 10 g fat or less, and more than 25 g protein.
Lyn2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 11:04 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 255 / 230 / 185

Height: 5' 5"

Thanks for sharing... I will add more vegis like you suggested. The chicken sausage was from an organic butcher (made on premises) so I'm not sure of the sodium count but like you believe it is probably high because of it's preservative nature.

The stock is 97% fat free and low sodium - I have never been a salt person and use as little as possible so I know when something is over salted - or should I say my ankles know :-).

Again, thanks for the reply - I will definitely try this out tomorrow night - I just really want something different and the weather has been calling me to soup.
YvonneH is offline   Reply With Quote