Old 03-07-2013, 11:58 AM   #1  

Default Vegetables! UGhh...

So after only 4 days I have come to the conclusion that I HATE vegetables!!! I know this is going to be an issue so any thoughts on getting them in without tasting them too much....lol. Oh, and I am NOT the best cook

Jeni
g8rgrljen78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 12:03 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 181/148.8/129

Height: 5'3"

Mmm, I wouldn't know how to hide them but my mindset has always been, "Just do it". You can train yourself to like just about anything; case in point, I've taught myself to actually like yogurt, haha. If you repeatedly eat them, it becomes better over time. That's how my Mom learned to eat sauerkraut as a kid.
Doomkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 01:15 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 225.5/179/150

Height: 5'8"

I can somewhat relate, I can't stand plain salads....years of eating them thinking it was good 'diet' food.

Is there any type of veggie that you somewhat like?

Did you buy the cookbook? There are some pretty good recipes in there for veggies like the cool as a cucumber and stuffed mushrooms. I'll post the recipes tonight when I get home.

For me, Ms. Dash (several different varieties), Molly McButter, ButterBuds and Molly McCheese (can only buy online in my area) really help with flavoring. Also, I prefer my servings cooked, 4oz seems like less to eat than the raw version of 8oz so I prepare a lot of frozen veggies instead.
Work In Progress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 02:03 PM   #4  

I am also not the biggest fan of veggies so I pretend my cauliflower is rice ( grate it up finely with a cheese grate and steam in microwave add ICBINB) and spaghetti squash is spaghetti ... It just takes a little getting used to,also tried the cauliflower pizza ( loved it!!!!) found recipes on Pinterest ... I've know you can do it ! I've lost over sixty pounds on MRC so I know it works !
Ispinmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 02:11 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 282/271/165

Height: 5'7

My method of hiding vegetables is grating! I grate carrots, zucchini, and similar veggies in the grater and then I chop them even finer, cook them first with some chopped up onion and celery in a little olive oil for a few minutes and then make your dish from there, I make bolognese, meat dishes, and all sorts of soups from this base. We had cottage pie last night and no one knew there was hidden veg in there!
Nzgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 04:53 PM   #6  
I can do this!

S/C/G: 242.5/137.5/145

Height: 5'3

Still dislike veggies after a 93 lb loss, but after a while you just keep getting them down because you know they are good for you! It will get better but I don't think I will ever be like yay im excited to eat my veggies! lol (I am just like that with fruit, I LOVE fruit)Spaghetti squash is my go to and broccoli steamer and adding jalapenos or green chilis to stuff helps with flavoring too. I like to add them to taco meat with low sodium mccormicks seasoning. Great ideas about grating things, I had never thought of that..thanks guys!!

Last edited by dkdaisybutters; 03-07-2013 at 04:54 PM.
dkdaisybutters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 05:58 PM   #7  

They do have a sub for veggies and fruits if it gets too hard for you to choke down.
corisimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 07:34 PM   #8  

Thanks for all the great recommendations! I know I just need to do it! Going to try to find some ways to liven them up some...lol.
g8rgrljen78 is offline   Reply With Quote