Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-05-2013, 05:19 PM   #1  
Where is Onederland???

S/C/G: 301/295/148

Height: 5'9

Unhappy Yeah, I messed up. I feel gross.

So much for shopping the eating away...today is my first week weigh-in and I self sabatoged...

We had a bad snowstorm starting yesterday in MN...I had to take the train home and then a cab from there because it was too snowy to walk in my heels. We had NO groceries, which is a no no because I know I'll fail without preparation.

So, I stopped at a gas station in the cab and grabbed:

-cheese popcorn
-a frozen pizza
-peanut butter crackers

and ate it with my husband. (To his credit, he did ask me, "How many of your points is this, babe?" I just glared at him.)

So this morning I go to the grocery to get all kinds of meals and stuff to be ready. Then I am so thirsty I drink about 8 points without thinking about it! And THEN I get to work and my supervisor is handing out huge sugar cookies with M&Ms "as thanks for coming in in the snowstorm" WTF why am I so hungry right now so I TAKE TWO AND EAT THEM. THEY ARE ALMOST AS BIG AS MY FAT FACE.

Then I go to the salad bar to make a salad to make up for it...but I put bacon and cheese and shrimp on it so that doesn't even count it was more like a Big Mac salad good thing I don't like salad dressing.

And I have a grand total of 4 points left. It's only 4pm, I don't even get off until 930. The lean cuisine lunch I packed is eight points.

I haven't exercised in 3 or 4 days.

This sucks.
MrsYoung0601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 05:37 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 223/202/143

Height: 5'5

Default If you have a bad day in baseball and keep thinking about it, you will have 10 more

Oh sweet, we have all been there! ****, last night I was cooking dinner and I could not resist the temptation of my husband's fresh bread sitting there enticing me... I ate two whole slices, and then my dinner!

The only way to get through these things is to think "Ok, yes, I made a mistake, but tomorrow I am going to be stronger!"

If all else fails, draw on this feeling of guilt and feeling gross next time you think you want something that you shouldn't have.

Most of all, remember that moderation is the key!
littleladybug2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 05:40 PM   #3  
Back with a story

S/C/G: 281 / 254 / 160

Height: 5'3" - I got taller!

You need to figure out, on what level, you're giving yourself permission to cheat on your plan. Then you need to fix it. We all have good and bad days, but unless you find the root cause of why you didn't make a better choice, it's going to be an ongoing issue to battle and it doesn't just of away on its own.

Are you satisfied on your plan? Hungry? Bored? If it is just a matter of failing to plan, why not make better choices in the moment or smaller portions of the junk food? These are questions only you can personally explore, and your success or failure longer term hinges on your ability to resolve the issue and get BACK on plan, no matter what. You can do it!
Arctic Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 05:59 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 242/ticker/212

Height: 5'6

OP, I just did the exact same thing. I was at an event and was hungry and instead of eating my snack in my pocket or going to get my lunch, I decided to eat the catered food. First, I just got a small slice of veggie lasagna. And then, on my way out, I went out and got seconds of the lasagna and the chicken parm as well. It wasn't necessary and I regret it but instead of dwelling on it, I'm squeezing in some gym time tonight. If I start the self-recrimination train of thought, I will spiral into depression and despair and it will be ugly. So I tell myself, the buck ends here.
When it comes to weight loss, moving forward is the only thing you can do.

Arctic Mama That is such good advice. I tend to give myself permission to cheat after a good W/in. I need to learn to celebrate my victories without food.
foreverfaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 06:01 PM   #5  
One with the Wind and Sky

S/C/G: 360/246/150

Height: 5' 8"

So the snowstorm caught you off-guard? No problem, this is just a small blip on the radar. Take the opportunity to learn from this so you can better prepare yourself for the unexpected. Plan ahead and always keep some staples at the house, and shop before you run out of groceries.

Sure the gas stations are full of overly-processed, high-calorie snacks. But if you take a look around, they often have healthier items like apples, bananas, trail mix, heck . . . even a hot dog might have been a decent choice. I'm always keeping my eyes open for better choices when I'm put in such a situation.

You were so thirsty you drank 8 points? Get in the habit of quenching your thirst with water; don't give yourself the option to waste your points away on something that's not going to fill you up!

Be sure you've eaten a good, healthy, satisfying meal before going into work. You'll be better prepared to stay on plan no matter what might be shoved in your face.

We all have bad days, we all make bad decisions. But like I said, take the opportunity to learn from this so you can set yourself up for success! You can do this.
Elladorine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 06:07 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 164/164/145

Height: 5'6.5

If it's not too late... Drink a bunch a water to flush away your "sins" and as my mom always said, "if you run out of points- GO TO BED:-)!!!" See you could actually be okay. get creative and good luck. Don't put it off another day, you can still save yourself.
Fatand44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 06:12 PM   #7  
Started IP 10/21/15

S/C/G: 243/238.8/170

Height: 5'4"

I love everyone's suggestions! I'm also very proud of you for still counting the points. If you don't account for what you've eaten you'll never break the cycle.

I agree with Arctic Mama, you should try to find out why you're giving yourself permission to go off plan.

I would say "tomorrow is another day, try again then." Instead I'm going to suggest you try again right now. Make the second half of the day a success! You can do this!

Last edited by PreciousMissy; 03-05-2013 at 06:13 PM.
PreciousMissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 06:13 PM   #8  
Almost there!

S/C/G: 212/163.8/130

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by littleladybug2 View Post
Oh sweet, we have all been there!
It's true! It happens to the best of us! It's like a diet requirement where somewhere along the line we all mess up. But do you know what? It's okay! You dust yourself off and just start eating healthy again. All in moderation.

Last edited by Stars; 03-05-2013 at 06:14 PM. Reason: typo
Stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 06:22 PM   #9  
Where is Onederland???

Quote:
Originally Posted by littleladybug2 View Post
The only way to get through these things is to think "Ok, yes, I made a mistake, but tomorrow I am going to be stronger!"

If all else fails, draw on this feeling of guilt and feeling gross next time you think you want something that you shouldn't have.

Most of all, remember that moderation is the key!
Thanks for that, I needed it. The things is I feel so gross...in addition to points I was trying high protein/fewer carbs/less bad fats and my body feels so HEAVY now... It's like I have a coating of fat in my mouth. Ew. And my tummy hurts.

I don't know that I want to cheat. I enjoy my wine, and I'll allot for that in the future. I don't even drink calories, I just drank like 3 glasses of stupid fruit punch sugar water in rapid succession on impulse.

I should have looked harder for alternatives at the gas station. I can't make any excuse for that.

If you're out of points, go to bed...I LOVE IT!

Last edited by MrsYoung0601; 03-05-2013 at 06:23 PM.
Old 03-05-2013, 06:25 PM   #10  
Where is Onederland???

Thanks everybody. I am so glad I found this site. I really have tears in my eyes cause it seems like you guys care so much. It means a lot to me, I am often very lonely.
Old 03-05-2013, 06:25 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 164/--/--

Height: 5'7"

If it makes you feel any better...i'm going through the same thing. I cheated for the last 3 days and even though i'm back on track today, i feel like i'm having trouble breathing! I don't know if it's because my belly is so full i can hardly breathe, or if it's allergies. In any case i feel like crap today...so you're not alone.
surfergirl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 06:53 PM   #12  
Warrior Princess

We've all had these days during our journey.

My job is forever having crap buffets too and then just today BF needed last minute oral surgery and I left the house without eating anything. I didn't eat ALL day so I gave in to Portillo's cheeseburger and fries on the way home since I didn't get to go grocery shopping. I was beyond starving.

Stuff happens. I'm going to brave the winter storm in a few and get to the gym to work some of it off.
novangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 10:10 PM   #13  
Jillian stole my abs!

S/C/G: 195.8/138/140

Height: 5'5"

Life happens some days.

When you are just starting out, it takes practice. You're used to doing things one way, and it takes practice to learn new habits and ditch old ones.

Instead of beating yourself over the head with a wet spaghetti noodle, take a deep breath and learn from the experience.

Look at it objectively, as if it were someone else and you were helping them learn how to make better choices next time.

Pretending it's someone else helps to take your emotions out of the equation, and apply common sense and logic, and ditch the guilt and so on.
shcirerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 10:13 PM   #14  

Height: 5'8"

The snowstorm impacted me as well, because I wasn't prepared and being closed in is really starting to get to me. Hang in there! Spring is just around the corner!
Ferny1730 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 10:24 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 229/see ticker/135

Height: 62 inches

You got some great advice!

Tomorrow is a new day! You can make better choices and feel better.

Next time you feel like eating the "crappy food" just remember the "fat coated mouth" feeling and the sore tummy.

Drink some water, lay down and wake up tomorrow with a new dedication!

“Every day do something that will inch you closer to a better tomorrow.” ~Doug Firebaugh
RavenWolf is offline   Reply With Quote