Old 03-04-2013, 10:26 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 240/216/140

Height: 5'3"

Default water weight?

I cut soda and sugar 3 weeks ago this last Saturday and started my eating plan 6 days ago. From the day I stopped sugar/soda to the day I started my eating plan I lost 10 pounds. In the last 6 days I've lost another 4. I'm not sure if most of this is water weight or all ww or some fat loss too. Is there a certain amount of time water weight is likely whats being lost? I have noticed a difference in some clothes, but could be just bloating going down.
SweetAsCanBe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 09:15 AM   #2  
New-b

S/C/G: 219/ticker/155

Height: 5ft

I think most is water weight but you've been working hard. Way to go. And I think water weight is gonna be something that's constant and ongoing
WannaB2cute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 09:52 AM   #3  

Thank you! I'm sure it is mostly water weight, but I still count it as a good loss since I'm already on my way to my goal. I do drink a lot of water now though to keep hydrated. About 3 liters a day, probably a bit more.
Old 03-06-2013, 08:30 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 225 / 177.2 / 140

Height: 5'4"

I think the first two weeks are definitely mostly water weight. I've been reading a lot on how cutting out sugar/carbs or caffeine signals the body to let some water go. And if you are eating at a deficit, you will be burning fat too. It sounds like you are getting enough water - 3 L a day seems like plenty to me If your deficit is over 300-500 cals a day, you might be losing a little muscle mass too. I totally recommend adding some weight training to your routine to help with that.

Also, I have a scale that measure my body fat % . You can find a decent one for around $30-40 and it will give you your weight, % body fat and % water. They aren't super accurate, but the trends are! I love seeing that body fat % go down more than the weight.
gretel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 09:11 AM   #5  

Ride the big loss while it lasts!!! Your body will catch up with itself and the losses will be smaller but that's ok.

Congrats on your losses and changes so far, you are doing a great job! Can't wait to keep reading about your continued success!!
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 09:25 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 335 / ticker / 220

Height: 6'0

Like everyone says, it's mostly water weight. That being said, the fact that you're losing as much is a great sign and even though it will eventually start staggering later on, just make sure you keep it up and you will keep having results.

My first week, I lost 11 pounds because I was very strict and ate only the essentials while working out every single day. Now, I've toned it down because its a little too extreme and will most likely have me fall off the wagon. That being said, some weeks I will push myself like that first week and will still manage to lose over 5 pounds so it's still very encouraging even though the numbers aren't as high.

Keep it up!
Pat
plangevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 01:35 PM   #7  

Thanks everyone! This is all new to me in a way. I have tried to lose weight before but gave up in a week or two. My heart wasn't in it. I feel this is my time now. My heart and mind are in 100%. I'll admit I haven't worked out a lot. I'm very out of shape, so taking baby steps. I found a bodyweight workout routine to do every other day that I just started yesterday. I can't afford gym membership or home equipment right now, but I sure have the bodyweight to do it lol. I went for a 20min walk yesterday. Felt great except my ears about froze off. I think I'll be crocheting a cute earwarmer for myself so no excuse to not go walking. 20 min with sore muscles from the body weight thing felt like plenty. I don't want to go too crazy to start and then just give up. My diet drastically changing hasn't bothered me, but I don't like pain lol.