Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-02-2013, 05:58 PM   #1  
Pink Leopard Power

S/C/G: 351.2/ticker/185

Height: 6'0

Default How are your 2013 goals coming along?

In addition to losing weight, I wanted to start being less frumpy and start being more professional. It's a struggle for me since my appearance is never something I've been obsessed over, but I'm trying to start to learn how to take better care of my skin, nails, hair and clothing. I'm taking a huge plunge this week and getting my long locks cut off for a more professional hair do. AAAH.

Every year since 2009 it's been my dream to run Des Moines Marathon. I'm about 8 months out. I'd love for this year to be the year I finally do the 13.1 or 26.2.

What are your goals and how are you coming along?
JollyGreenSteen19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 06:01 PM   #2  
Empress/Queen

Lol, the weight loss is a little slow but going okay.

Career wise, my ship got a little lost at sea.

But we have 9 months to go! Woot!
Amarantha2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 06:02 PM   #3  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

My goal was to be in onederland by my birthday. I've got 12 days left, I don't think I'll make it :-(
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 06:07 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 152/cw 147/gw 135/ugw 130

Height: 5'7''

Ehhh, still working on finding a better paying job, which is hard to become motivated for since I'm getting married in June and am juggling so much stuff right now already that it's hard to make time for applications! (It doesn't help that I LOVE one of my two jobs right now, it just doesn't pay enough).

Weight loss - going well! I am less than 5lbs away from where I was when I graduated from law school and about 15 lbs away from where I was when I graduated college, and I feel good about getting to where I have gotten in a HEALTHY way rather than just not eating.

Eating habits - I have been so good about tracking my calories and exercise, but I need to work harder on eating better food. I am usually really close to my daily goal, but I don't always get there by eating the healthiest foods. I am now making sure I have at least 1 fruit every day, but trying to make sure I get more veggies. I have some weird food allergies so that's been challenging!

Gym - I really should go more but I make it at least a couple times a week for cardio and lifting (almost entirely arms since they need way more help than my legs). I am started to see my rowing arm muscles return!
bubblybarrister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 06:08 PM   #5  

Mozzy, you are so rocking one-derland! Don't you dare give up now!!!

I have lost about 25lbs since the first of the year so I am extremely excited (maybe more, I weigh in on Mondays). I'm finally at the point that my body is changing and adjusting more frequently than I was a few months ago.

I have tried to not set many goals per se for this year, I just want to keep on plan and keep plugging away at my current rate. I stay on plan and exercise everyday, I am determined to get this right in 2013. I have loved this year so far, I'm so happy.
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 06:43 PM   #6  
Pink Leopard Power

Ama - Hey lady the year AINT OVER YET, right??!!!!!!!!!! Mozzy you've got 5 lbs and a little under two weeks, you can DO it.

I wanted to be in "two-derland" by my birthday, ~2.5 months for 28 lbs. At the rate I'm going it's a long shot but I want it sooo bad.

Elvis - glad you are plugging away. I always hate setting goals because I never reach them and feel discouraged.

Bubbly - sounds like you're busy, hopefully after this summer things simmer down for you! Props on staying on track.

Last edited by JollyGreenSteen19; 03-02-2013 at 06:44 PM.
Old 03-02-2013, 06:50 PM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JollyGreenSteen19 View Post
Elvis - glad you are plugging away. I always hate setting goals because I never reach them and feel discouraged.
Exactly!! I always tend to set pounds for goals and I have learned over the last 100 lost that they don't come off in any type of logical or consistent order. I'm in the April 1st/March Challenge like in my tickler but those are more for keeping my eye on the prize vs. setting myself up for disaster results.
Old 03-02-2013, 06:59 PM   #8  
Pink Leopard Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by elvislover324 View Post
Exactly!! I always tend to set pounds for goals and I have learned over the last 100 lost that they don't come off in any type of logical or consistent order. I'm in the April 1st/March Challenge like in my tickler but those are more for keeping my eye on the prize vs. setting myself up for disaster results.
I 'keep my eye on the prize' too. I used to have these long 6 month calendars of weekly goal weights I'd have to meet, based on like 2-4 lbs a week. So eventually I'd get off track and it'd just keep piling up and piling up until I'd be like 20 lbs behind what I 'planned'. WORST SABOTAGE EVER. Now I set "challenges" (like my birthday challenge), but as far as goals go - I weigh myself every other Friday and whatever my weight is - I make my goal for the next 2 weeks to be 4 lbs lighter. It's attainable and healthy and while I just chug along some weeks, I've consistently been losing (slowly) for 5 months and have yet to feel like a total failure. It's just me living my life. I've learned no one loses 100+ lbs (and keeps it off) in one perfect go anyhow.

Congrats on your big loss btw, I hope to be there one day.
Old 03-02-2013, 07:03 PM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JollyGreenSteen19 View Post
I 'keep my eye on the prize' too. I used to have these long 6 month calendars of weekly goal weights I'd have to meet, based on like 2-4 lbs a week. So eventually I'd get off track and it'd just keep piling up and piling up until I'd be like 20 lbs behind what I 'planned'. WORST SABOTAGE EVER. Now I set "challenges" (like my birthday challenge), but as far as goals go - I weigh myself every other Friday and whatever my weight is - I make my goal for the next 2 weeks to be 4 lbs lighter. It's attainable and healthy and while I just chug along some weeks, I've consistently been losing (slowly) for 5 months and have yet to feel like a total failure. It's just me living my life. I've learned no one loses 100+ lbs (and keeps it off) in one perfect go anyhow.

Congrats on your big loss btw, I hope to be there one day.
Sounds like you have a good plan that works for you, that's the most important part.

Thank you very much, it is nothing short of a miracle really. And you can do it too! (If I can, absolutely anyone can!)
Old 03-03-2013, 09:57 AM   #10  
:)

S/C/G: 330/

Height: 5'5"

My goals so far are not to shabby. Since January 1st I've lost 31 pounds. I'm happy to report that's 10% of my weight. One goal I have not done yet is go to the gym. I've been active, but have not gone to the gym yet. I just hate it..lol.. My eating has been completely turned around since January 1st and I think this is my year to get it done.

Work wise: I only work a few days a week so I consider my job my son. He's great! Just registered him for kindergarten in August. I can't believe he's allready going to be going all day. (he's been doing 3 hours a day for 2 years now) Where has the time gone.

A personal goal much like you Jollygreen is to pay more attention to myself. I vowed not to just buy tshirts and levis anymore and not to wear baggy clothes. I've been painting my nails a couple times a week and have not been wearing boring clothes. And another big one for me is to not just wear makeup to work, but throw some on when I'm not at work. I don't wear allot of makeup, but the other day we were out of town and i was putting makeup on and my son was like, Mom do you have to work? Because it's the only time they see it on me..hehe.. so.. I've been taking care of myself also..

Jollygreen, those are some great goals and I bet your so excited for your new haircut. I'm doing the opposite growing my hair out a little because I want to be able to do it more down. Good luck on the mararthon. That's a great goal!!
sassyangies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 10:39 AM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyangies View Post
I don't wear allot of makeup, but the other day we were out of town and i was putting makeup on and my son was like, Mom do you have to work? Because it's the only time they see it on me..
This made me smile, what a smart little guy! So cute!
Old 03-03-2013, 11:54 AM   #12  
Dukanista

S/C/G: high263/current257/ticker/198

Height: 5'7"

I'm pretty pleased with my progress so far on both weight and non-weight goals.

I've lost 24 lbs since 1/6. My initial goal of 198 is just that - an initial goal, and I hope to exceed that by a lot, although I don't know what my final goal will be. But a bigger issue for me is to just stick with it and to be plugging away, losing or maintaining, it almost doesn't matter, at the end of the year, as long as I'm still actively engaged with managing my weight properly. I am still getting back into regular activity, and that needs to have a bit more focus than it's getting right now, so that is a good place to improve.

Non-weight things are stuff like decluttering and organizing at home and getting more organized at work as well. I need to get some specific software to improve my job, so it's also identifying the right program and getting that up and running. It's slow going on those but still, I feel that progress is being made, so that's good.

All in all, I feel happy about the prospects of where I will be at the end of 2013, and I've also learned to look at progress as success, rather than letting myself focus only on a final goal.
April Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 01:05 PM   #13  
Pink Leopard Power

Sassy - it looks like we have similar goals! Congrats on losing 31 lbs so fast, that's crazy. CRAZY! I hope I can do that in 2 months. I can agree with you on that whole "going to the gym" thing. I get a practically free YMCA membership and access to a full facility at work with my job. But I hate going there, I feel so out of place. Once I miss a day I remember how much I'd rather stay at home and work out where people can't see me - haha! It's a good idea to start caring about our appearances. I think it adds to the whole idea of having self worth - which is important in weight loss. Valuing yourself enough to wear nice clothes and be well groomed sends all sorts of positive inner vibes .
Old 03-03-2013, 01:06 PM   #14  
Pink Leopard Power

April - congrats on your success!!!!! You have such a great outlook. All that matters is that you're doing your best and make those positive changes that are well incorporated into your life.
Old 03-03-2013, 03:58 PM   #15  
Porthardygurl

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

Lets see:

Career: Got daycare set up for my daughter so that I can persue full time university...on my way to my second year of my 4 year degree..im still aiming for a doctorate.

Health: Losing weight slowly..but its going..i rather it going then stop...better able to control my binging issues..not as obssessed with food since starting Intermittent Fasting. I like the challenge.

Emotional: Feeling pretty stable..thats good

Relationships: all good! Spending good quality time with people.

Finances: A little muddled but thats just because of student loans and knowing that the money they give for living expenses are not really to just play with..

As far as my look goes..I need to get back to painting my nails..cause right now i look more frumpy..oh and i could use a new wardrobe on the basis that when my hubby spanks my butt..he spanks saggy pants and misses my bum...
Porthardygurl is offline   Reply With Quote