Old 03-01-2013, 07:29 AM   #1  
Sassafrass

S/C/G: 325/240/175

Height: 5'5"

Default March Chat

Well, it's March! And Friday! How'd everyone feel like they did in Feb? Anything you learned or want to work on? I am going to play with the type of fruits I eat and see if that matters at all. I'm trying to be patient and kind to myself, but that's always a work in progress. My second season of triathlon training starts this month which is incredibly exciting for me!

----

gooch100 - My body is just mean - my trend seems to have me spike Thurs/Fri and then drop on Saturday or Sunday - which is SO stress inducing since my official WW Weigh In/Meeting is on Saturdays. I'm hoping for my drop tomorrow. Who knows!

amandabanana & smashlers - Congrats on your loss!!!

roxannestags - That's huge! So proud of you!

----

Breakfast - Vitamuffin, Greek Yogurt & Coffee (6pts)
Snack - String Cheese + Pistachios (2pts)
Lunch - Fussili w/ 6oz Grilled Chicken (16pts)
Snack - 1pt Mini Vitabite Berries w/ Whipped Cream (1pts)
Dinner - Homemade Chicken Soup w/ Crusty Baguette (9pts)

34/34

Last edited by SoMuchFattitude; 03-01-2013 at 02:34 PM.
SoMuchFattitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 08:44 AM   #2  
girl disappearing

S/C/G: 311/239.2/195

Yay on the Triathlon training! That's awesome! Can't wait to hear all about it.

I've been playing with the fruits I've been eating, too. I was eating bananas often which are super high in sugar so I've been trying for more berries instead.

I've started using kettlebells as crosstraining for my running but now that I have a DVD I like (Jillian Michaels Shred It With Weights) I need to work on getting into a regular schedule working with them. I want to aim for 2-3 days a week.
Tudor Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 08:45 AM   #3  
Hooping my Life Away

S/C/G: 298/218.1/170

Height: 5'8"

Yay March!
Daimere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 09:00 AM   #4  
Cindy

S/C/G: 219/see ticker/136

Height: 5'6"

Hey folks!

roxanne: I totally know where you are coming from and you're doing great! Keep up the great work and stay strong!

somuchfattitude: Wow,a triathalon, that is very impressive! Way to go!

tudor rose: I hate that bananas are a little tricky, because I love them and can eat them all day long. And they make plain yogurt bearable.

Well, I was pretty proud of something yesterday. Running late to leave the house in the morning with the kiddos, but I took the extra 60 seconds to chop up some lettuce into a bowl and throw it into a bag with a bottle of dressing, an apple, and string cheese. Because I knew we were going to McDonald's for lunch after all our errands (a rare special treat for the kids). And so I walked into the lion's den,so to speak, armed with a salad, and I stayed on plan for the day.
forkeeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 09:25 AM   #5  
Sassafrass

Yes, I fell in love with racing last year and did my first 5k, 10k and triathlon. By December of 2012 I ended up doing five 5ks, two 10ks, one 33 mile bike race and three triathlons. I became an athlete in 2012.

Last edited by SoMuchFattitude; 03-01-2013 at 09:26 AM.
Old 03-01-2013, 11:26 AM   #6  
Loving Simply Filling

S/C/G: 195/161.4/164

SoMuchFattitude- I am training for a triathlon as well. I fell in love with racing last year as well. (2-5ks and 1-10K). I am planning on doing 2-3 try a tris and a few 5 ks. Really looking forward to the warmer weather so that I can get outside running and on my bike.
Dixiemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 11:38 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 278.4/see siggy/178.4

SoMuchFattitude - Isn't is crazy how everyone is different and how our bodies are all on a different schedule?

I am hoping that as the weather warms up and I can get outside, my APs will go up. I have BIG plans for changes/updates in our side and back yards this summer involving fire, power tools, water and lights (replacing and existing deck and adding stairs, building a fire pit, adding a platform deck, making a fountain and adding posts for the twinkle lights). All of which DH and I wil be building ourselves. I just may have some muscles by the end of it all!

Now if the weather will just cooperate and melt all the darn snow! I want to get started!!!
gooch100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 12:03 PM   #8  
Sassafrass

Dixiemom - Where do you live? What distance? What kind of training are you doing? What kind of bike do you ride? Sorry! I'm a tri junkie now and we're a rare breed here!

gooch100 - Bodies are such a strange strange thing. LOL
Old 03-01-2013, 12:10 PM   #9  
It's me, Ashleyyy!

S/C/G: 291/~/185

Hello MARCH!
This month I am going to focus on not getting sick and sticking to my 4 days a week exercise plan. I bought some jeans from old navy (they were having a cheap jeans sale) and I bought them too small. So I hope to be in those by the end of March!
smashlers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 04:16 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 252/see ticker/150

Height: 5'7"

I pretty much hated every nonfat yogurt I've ever tried so I haven't been too excited to try Greek yogurt until I read on here somewhere that the new Yoplait Greek tastes like regular yogurt, I figured I'd give that a shot and was very impressed! Thanks to the person that mentioned that particular brand was worth trying

Breakfast - Lemon Greek Yogurt, chocolate chip mini muffin, wheat toast with light butter & Iced Coffee (8pts)
Snack - String Cheese & Orange (2pts)
Lunch - Turkey, Ham, & Cheddar wrap (6pts)
Snack - Salad with 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese, lite ranch (trying this out, I love my full fat/flavor ranch), Fiber One Brownie (6pts)
Dinner - 8oz chicken breast with carrots (8pts)

29/39 planned - need to figure out what to do with the rest.

Last edited by Mandykins; 03-01-2013 at 04:47 PM.
Mandykins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 04:42 PM   #11  

Happy March, one more month closer to spring, now, if this darn snow would melt!

I ahave been MIA, last weekend was a church retreat and yep, they had lots of food, I did pretty good. but becauase I was eating pretty clean before hand, I noticed alot of puffiness the next day - salty good food. I have stayed on plan all week, but haven't been tracking.

I finished my Activelink assessment, it is now offical, I earn no points with my regular life. So, next week I am starting the walking after work think, I got a tablet so hope to load something fun to watch while walking.

Tomorrow is weigh in, I was thinking of passing on it, but I will go - it is what it is.

Hope everyone has a great evening, and everyones goings on are so interesting, makes me wish I had a life!

Tomorrow.

Last edited by chickadeee55; 03-01-2013 at 04:43 PM. Reason: spelling
chickadeee55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 06:34 AM   #12  
girl disappearing

S/C/G: 311/239.2/195

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandykins View Post

29/39 planned - need to figure out what to do with the rest.
I see you mentioned lite butter and lite ranch. One way to add points without adding volume of food is to stick to regular/full dairy products. Also, don't forget the GHG and your 2 teaspoons of healthy oil. That's 2 pts right there.
Tudor Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 07:43 AM   #13  
It's me, Ashleyyy!

S/C/G: 291/~/185

Good morning everyone,
It is my weekend to work in the rotation, so I am up especially early this Saturday. I think my sickness may be shifting from a body aching type thing to an actual sinus and throat thing. Da*n Public Libraries and their unsolicited germ exchanges (and creepy dudes).

Last night, while up entirely too late, I was thinking about tons of things. #1: The Body Revolution, by Jillian Michaels. I have access to a copy, and wondering if anyone has experience with it? After 2 weeks of walking/jogging, I had a slight pain in my right knee after walking up and down the one set of stairs at work several times a day. Wondering if something new would be beneficial. #2 Wedding rings. I am in the process of attaining my fiances mom's engagement ring (she passed away when he was 13 and made sure it would go to him, ahem, me.) It's beautiful, and simple, and yellow gold, and I love it. Just looking into wedding bands, thinking about getting creative with that part. Something sort of cute and different like this. And then I was thinking about how I need to CHILL OUT. I don't want to get all crazy about this stuff and lose sight of my goals.
Did any of you go on a fat losing mission before your wedding? Did you have techniques for maintaining sanity? I am still SO MANY months away an I am feeling overwhelmed. I just want it to come off effortless, beautiful, reasonably priced, and perfectly suited to our personalities.

Ok, I am going to work.

Last edited by smashlers; 03-02-2013 at 10:30 AM.
smashlers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 08:36 AM   #14  
Hooping my Life Away

S/C/G: 298/218.1/170

I said no to a food pusher 3 times today! Kudos to me!

Quote:
Did any of go on a fat losing mission before your wedding?
I tried but I failed miserably. But every failure has equaled to my current success. I was just motivated by the wedding not my health and end goal
Daimere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 09:09 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 278.4/see siggy/178.4

Smashlers-I love that band. Simple yet beautiful on its own.

I lost about 20 lbs, which was about 10% of my weight back then. Since my job was crazy busy at that time, I did stuff like changing into work out clothes at work and driving right to the gym. (If I went home first, I wouldn't have gone since I would have found a million things to do.) The recumbent bike was my machine of choice. I would multi-task checking my planning lists to see what needed to be tackled next and then making my To Do list for the next day/week during my 45 minutes. Made the time FLY. HTH.

We are off to out local home and garden show today so lots of walking up and down the rows of vendors.
gooch100 is offline   Reply With Quote