Old 02-24-2013, 10:52 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 210/see ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

Default Red Team Frozen Fiesta 2013 Chat Thread Week 8 (Feb 25/13 - Mar 3/13)

Here are the week 7 results

LeslieB (blue team co-leader) posts the 2013 Frozen Fiesta official weekly results here.

As a team we lost 5.6 lbs or 0.26%

Our Biggest Loser:
Riddy (-1.4 lbs, 0.76%)
It would have been helping rachel, but she didn't post on the chat thread - oh well

Honourable Mentions: ArmyGirl (-1.5 lbs, 0.72%)

Elizabeth779 (-2.0 lbs, 0.72%)

EofAZ (-1 lbs, 0.48%)

7 team members were eliminated this week, so we're at 22 members .

Lets keep the focus ladies.

Keep up the great work! GO RED

Last edited by CanadaMel; 02-24-2013 at 10:58 PM.
Old 02-24-2013, 11:04 PM   #2  
helpingrachel

Congrats! Riddy, Army Girl, Elizabeth and E of AZ. I did have a great week even with being snowed in 2 days. Here's to good results next week!
Old 02-25-2013, 03:20 AM   #3  

S/C/G: Restart 4-28-14 298/280.5/140

Height: 5'3"

Congrats RIDDY!!!! YOU"RE BACCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!

Congrats Armygirl and EofAz on your honarable mentions.....

so here's to Red Team for this week -- let's do our best.....

I did not go to the gym today.......BUT did wear gym cloTHES!!!

I can say that losing this weight is not easy, but it is easier than it has been before.....it's a lot about FOCUS.....

So happy for Riddy, hapy for Army Girl and Eof AZ.....

and happy for HelpingRachel who is not snowed in anymore....good for you for hanging in there with the snow.....I'm just a little jealous -- I like to think I'd like to be snowed in....but that's easy to say from sunny california....

well team -- let's remember to drink out water.....
Old 02-25-2013, 02:07 PM   #4  

Hi everyone-
Hope your week has started off well.
It's a grey day here in Calgary, but my headache is easing off, finally!

Let's keep the momentum rolling from last week!

Elizabeth is right- remember to drink that water...I just sipped 2 cups worth.

helping rachel- good to see you! Maybe you'll be our biggest loser next week?!

Keep up the great work everyone.

Believe in yourself. You know deep down that you can do it. It's usually that voice in our heads (at least in mine) that brings up the doubt. We need to drown that voice out with our rockin' music and move these bodies like we know they can.

Have a great day all!
Old 02-25-2013, 02:44 PM   #5  
Make it to the moon...

S/C/G: 5/8/19: 319/254.0/150.0

Height: 5'5"

Congratulations Riddy, Army Girl, Elizabeth and E of AZ!!!

helping rachel~ Where abouts are you located? I heard about the storm in the Midwest, how bad did you get it? Awesome job last week!

Elizabeth779~ Congrats on your 2lb. loss! Lol on the gym clothes but no gym!

CanadaMel~ Yay on the headache finally starting to leave you! How are you doing this week?

First full day back in VT! I ended up taking the day off from school today as I didn’t get as much homework done as I had hoped for while in NM and the time change kind of messed with me this morning. No choice tomorrow though, I have to go in!
I decided to jump on the scale last night just to see where I was at and was happily surprised! Even more so this morning when I saw a loss from my last weigh in! Yesterday was pretty rough though as I ate quite a bit of high calorie food throughout the day. I’ll be curious to see what happens on the scale over the next few days…
Need to get some more work done and get some of my little touristy gifts to my friends…
Old 02-25-2013, 04:02 PM   #6  
helpingrachel

Kim--I am in Nebraska. I was soooo exicted to see my scale hit an all time low....but after being homebound, I am up. I hope it's the chili that I made. I have until Wednesday to get my body reset. I like the saying if you blew one tire, you don't go and puncture the other 3. So after a not so good day, I am back in the saddle again.

Elizabeth: Thanks for the reminder to drink water. I think that is what will help flush these toxins and sodium. I call it the "fat water slide". I have to drink the water to lose weight. No choice!

CanadaMel, Glad you headache is feeling better.

I have been cleaning the house. What a work out washing showers, bathtubs and vacuuming the whole house. Who says cleaning isn't a good workout.

Question: Do you have any Wii fit workouts that you really like? What about Yoga DVD's? Just wanting to change it up from the daily treadmill.

Thanks.

Last edited by helping rachel; 02-25-2013 at 04:03 PM.
Old 02-25-2013, 10:03 PM   #7  
Shrinking Chick

S/C/G: 288/ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

Woo hoo! I'll happily be biggest loser, even if it's by default.

Great job Elizabeth, Armygirl, Evangeline, and helping rachel!

Kim, glad you're in good shape after your vacation.

Mel, tell that headache to get the H*LL outta there!

Elizabeth - I don't think wearing gym clothes quite counts. Baby steps....

Helping rachel - glad you stayed on track with a snow in. And yay for not being snowed in anymore.

Crazy, but I am still gaining water weight, and still sore from Friday's serious workout. It doesn't hurt to breathe anymore, but laughing and coughing hurt. Naturally, one of my smarta** buddies at work tried to make me laugh all day.

Let's keep it going, red chicks!
Old 02-25-2013, 10:16 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 231/219/170

Height: 5'6"

Congratulations Riddy! Also, congrats to you Elizabeth779 and EofAZ!

Kinda sad to see our team is down to only 22 now! Mind you it's my first time on one of these challenges...is this normal to lose so many peeps?

Oh well, to those of you that are left...Way to go!!

Elizabeth779 - Yes, drinking water is good...now if only I could remember that during the day at work! I totally agree, losing weight is not easy (it won't happen over night - the same as we didn't put it on over night!), however - it will be worth it!!!

CanadaMel - Glad to hear your headache is going away

So, it may sound impressive that I do the Insanity program, but I must admit - I have started it a couple times before (and always gave up cause it was too hard, or I didn't have time for it). So, I have told myself that no matter what, I will complete it this time! I don't go out or do anything 'fun' until my workout is done for the day! So far, I've held to it...mind you I'm only just over a week in! LOL

Well, speaking of my workout...my supper has settled and I must go do some Insanity!!!

Hope everyone has a great week! Keep up all the great work
Old 02-25-2013, 11:49 PM   #9  
Make it to the moon...

S/C/G: 5/8/19: 319/254.0/150.0

Height: 5'5"

ArmyGirl~ It’s definitely impressive that you’re doing Insanity especially since you have done it before and know what kind of challenge you are tackling! How was your workout tonight?

Riddy~ I have a friend who would make it her mission to make me laugh if she knew my ribs were sore!

helping rachel~ Cleaning house can be a CRAZY workout! We’re supposed to be getting a storm starting tomorrow night through Thursday morning, but they’re up in the air about accumulations right now.

I managed to get my walk in tonight but was frustrated with the results. I really thought I was killing it, but I ended up not doing as well as I thought. I know the black ice was probably a big part of it, but I still really wanted that personal best… I’m giving myself a little break as I just got back from vacation, but I will tie my best time by the end of this week!
I need to get some sleep! Shower first though…
Old 02-26-2013, 04:27 AM   #10  

S/C/G: Restart 4-28-14 298/280.5/140

Height: 5'3"

Hi everyone

Okay Riddy......what's smaller than baby steps....BECAUSE I wore my gym clothes today....again....but no gym...........i know i know

I've got to plan better....BUT AT LEAST I have the gym clothes on!!!

oh gosh.....I did practice the piano for 4 hours today though....but it doesn't burrn many caloreies.........BUT I HAVE FIT FINGERs!!!

oh boy, tired AND silly!

nite all
Old 02-26-2013, 08:14 AM   #11  
Nicole

S/C/G: 252/ticker/150

Height: 5' 10"

Official race photos aren't up. Here's one of me from one of the characters stops though. I think it was around mile 9. It was during my rather out of it stage where I probably should have gone to the medic tent and call it quits. The heat and humidity were rough (upper 70s with 94% humidity), and I just stopped sweating. Of course then I got over heated, and because I was still drinking at all the stops, I started retaining that water and my hands were so swollen I couldn't even make a fist. Anyway, here I am with the princes.

Old 02-26-2013, 01:44 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 226/226/140

Height: 5'4

Good morning

Congratulations Riddy, ArmyGirl, Elizabeth and EofAz

Well, I'm still struggling trying to get into a regular workout routine. I know that I should just get up early and get it done, but I have such a hard time getting out of bed in the morning, especially if I work the night before. I really do need to figure something out though as I have been so bad at exercising lately.
Two of my children are home sick from school today, so I won't be able to go into work if they call me, so I am definitely going to exercise this afternoon. No excuses!

Nicole - Congratulations on the race Great picture, thanks for sharing!

ArmyGirl - WTG staying committed to finishing the Insanity Program!

helping Rachel -
Quote:
if you blew one tire, you don't go and puncture the other 3.
I really like that!
I use my Wii Fit sometimes, but I find most of the sports are too repetitive. I do like the boxing though. I love the Just Dance games. They are a lot of fun and I don't even feel like I am exercising, until I stop and I am huffing and puffing

Kim - Great job on your walk. I bet you will tie or beat your best time this week.

Elizabeth - You are so right about staying focused. It's something that I have been struggling with lately. My goal for the week is to get it back.

Riddy - Glad the soreness is starting to go away.

Have a wonderful day everyone!
Old 02-27-2013, 12:03 AM   #13  

Hi folks- hope everyone had a good Tuesday.
I ate mostly good food choices today, but succumbed to a donut this afternoon with my coffee. I have to say I savored every bite and did an extra trip up the stairs at work to help work some of it off.

Elizabeth- at least you've got the clothes in. Once you feel comfortable in them, then your confidence will grow & you'll start heading to thr gym more often.

Nicole- awesome pic. Thanks for sharing & congrats again on the race!

Hi Narnia, helping Rachel, Kim, Riddy & everyone else! Bed time for me.
Old 02-27-2013, 09:52 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 197/*/150

Congratulations to Riddy & the other WINNERS!!!

It's sad to see 7 more fall off but hopefully they will keep up on the healthy lifestyle choices.

I'm feeling bloated and pms'y. I want sugar but I want to exercise like crazy. I need to balance more!!

Mel thanks so much for your motivating posts each week. They're very helpful.

GO RED!
Old 02-27-2013, 11:45 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 231/219/170

Height: 5'6"

KimL1214 - Yes, as much as I know the challenge I am up against...I also know the results I got last time after just 3 weeks! I am now in the middle of week 2 and have completed all the workouts so far! Only 52 days left! (it's a 9 week program) LOL

Nikel1979 - Great picture! Congrats on the race

Narnia99 - It can be very hard to get into a routine of getting your workouts in...some days are easier than others...most days I have to tell myself to just go and get it done, then I can relax happy instead of stressing that I still have to get it done! I know I always feel better after a good workout, relaxed and content about not skipping out

Okay, confession time...I haven't been eating all that well the last couple days. Last night and tonight I had Tim's Chili and a bun for supper and I also had Chinese today at lunch...*shaking head at myself* What a difference I have felt all day today...sluggish and retaining water like crazy (it must be all the extra sodium). It made for a really hard workout today! Back on the wagon tomorrow...drinking lots of water to try and flush my system...I have to get back on track!

helping rachel - thanks for that awesome quote 'if you blew one tire, you don't go and puncture the other 3'! I am going to remember that one for sure!

Well, I'm still feeling sluggish and am hoping a good nights sleep will help me recover from my slip up...G'night all