Closed Thread

Old 02-22-2013, 06:48 AM   #1  

Default IP Daily Chat Friday 2/22/2013

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
here Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
and here Fun with Veggie Purees!
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 02-22-2013, 07:42 AM   #2  

Height: 5' 7"

Happy Friday everyone. Another successful WI today. Down another pound. That damn "Onederland" is a hard one to get to but one more week I should be there.
Old 02-22-2013, 08:25 AM   #3  
IP Start 01/25/13

S/C/G: 223/182/170

Height: 5'10"

No official WI today as my coach is on an IP "retreat" in New Orleans this week but unofficially I'm down 3 for the week and 16 for my 1st month! If I can keep this rate up for 2 more weeks I'll be in Onederland myself (or dang close). It just seems pretty amazing to be 1/3 of the way there in just 28 days.

Last edited by M35A2; 02-22-2013 at 08:27 AM.
Old 02-22-2013, 08:28 AM   #4  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

Texan congrats on the 1 lb. Next stop, Onderland.

Good morning all! I took the entire day off today because my son has an orthodontist appointment in the afternoon. I originally planned to work in the morning but with all the talk of the winter storm hitting overnight I decided to take the whole day. I'm going to take advantage of my snow day by cleaning the house, and will get a beef stew started in the crock pot.

Hope everyone has a great IP day!
Old 02-22-2013, 08:38 AM   #5  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by A1Texan View Post
Happy Friday everyone. Another successful WI today. Down another pound. That damn "Onederland" is a hard one to get to but one more week I should be there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by M35A2 View Post
No official WI today as my coach is on an IP "retreat" in New Orleans this week but unofficially I'm down 3 for the week and 16 for my 1st month! If I can keep this rate up for 2 more weeks I'll be in Onederland myself (or dang close). It just seems pretty amazing to be 1/3 of the way there in just 28 days.
Nice job!

Today is going to be a resting day for me - that crosstraining class I took yesterday really kicked my butt! Going to do some quilting while I'm at MIL's taking care of hubby's grandfather, then off to my regular shift at the hospital. If I feel awake enough I may do my yoga DVD when I get home tonight, but I've worked pretty hard this week so I may just take the R&R day Now that I'm in P3 I definitely feel both a desire and a bit of pressure to exercise often - I love the way I feel but I also don't want to lose any ground and I'd like to see things tighten up a bit over the next few months. P1 was so easy in terms of not watching the scale like a hawk!!! Trying not to let it stress me out though, I know what good THAT does
Old 02-22-2013, 09:15 AM   #6  
Reboot Jan 2018

Height: 5'7"

Happy Friday everyone! I had a great WI yesterday....I am just shy of losing 18 lbs in 6 weeks and it feels great!!!

Great WIs A1Texan and M35A2!

Enjoy your day off ragdoll!

Scorbett you're doing great! I can't wait to phase off and get to start working out again. I have promised myself (and my twin sister) that I will do some races with her this summer so I'm hoping to be able to start running again soon.

I had planned on getting a lot done this weekend around the house and at the barn (I have two horses) but my DH last night went outside to put something in the recycling and slipped on the ice (he was wearing his slippers). He ended up ripping an entire nail off of one of his toes. What a mess and I bet it hurt like heck. He was supposed to be working nights for the next 7 nights but he can't put a shoe (or boot) on his foot so he's going to be home for a bit anyhow....he's a police officer so he can't really do that in his birkenstocks. I'm happy to have him home as I wasn't looking forward to my bland cooking for the next week so hopefully he will spend his time making yummy OP dinners (he's very supportive of my diet and eats the same as me pretty much) but I was also looking forward to having some free 'me' time.
Old 02-22-2013, 09:26 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 328.2/205/178

Height: 5'8"

Morning all! Happy Friday! So relieved it's here.

And I'm also relieved that the scale is moving again. My coach and I decided to shake up what I was having and drop down to .5 restricteds every day to see if that helps and, well, so far so good! Very happy to be a loser again!

Tonight I plan on hitting the gym with DH once more and then enjoying a relaxing weekend. I'm a wee bit stressed as I have to go for my very first mammogram this afternoon (my doctor found clusters of small cyst like lumps in both breasts at my physical yesterday - gulp) but I'm just going to tell myself that it's nothing and better to be safe than sorry. So I'll take any spare good vibes anyone might have lying around!!

Congrats on the losses and huge onederland thoughts for those so close.
Old 02-22-2013, 09:27 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 219/Start IP at 206/172/135

Height: 5 feet 3 inches

Happy Friday,

Hope everyone is having a good day. It is cold here and announcing more snow. Can't wait for spring and summer.

Next weigh in is on Monday. Having had no cake for my birthday, my mother-in-law's, my daughter's and grandson's birthday all in same week, I feel very proud.

Made it to onderland this week so very proud of myself.

Here's hoping my 4th weigh in will be good.
Old 02-22-2013, 09:31 AM   #9  
Started IP 2/22/13

S/C/G: 189.2/156.6/130

Height: 5'2"

Good morning everyone. Getting ready for my initial visit. Very excited. I laid in bed last night recalling all of the beautiful clothes I haven't been able to wear because I've put on weight. Last year was a horrible year for me...surgery, losing my younger sister unexpectedly. Had a very hard time coping and found solace in eating. But I can't blame my weight totally on that. Need to make changes in my life...today will be the start <3
Old 02-22-2013, 09:39 AM   #10  
Reboot Jan 2018

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPdivajen View Post

And I'm also relieved that the scale is moving again. My coach and I decided to shake up what I was having and drop down to .5 restricteds every day to see if that helps and, well, so far so good! Very happy to be a loser again!

Tonight I plan on hitting the gym with DH once more and then enjoying a relaxing weekend. I'm a wee bit stressed as I have to go for my very first mammogram this afternoon (my doctor found clusters of small cyst like lumps in both breasts at my physical yesterday - gulp) but I'm just going to tell myself that it's nothing and better to be safe than sorry. So I'll take any spare good vibes anyone might have lying around!!

I know it's hard but try to not stress about it! I went through that a year and a half ago with one large cyst in my left breast. I went through all the tests and thankfully it turned up as benign. Think positive thoughts and be happy your doctor found it so you can get it checked out. Sending you positive thoughts!
Old 02-22-2013, 09:58 AM   #11  
Started IP 3/26/12

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPdivajen View Post

Your post got me wondering how a significant weight loss affects the density, etc., of breast tissue. Apparently finding benign differences on mammograms after a significant weight loss is fairly common. There are some posters discussing this very topic at the obesityhelp.com forum below. The posts are from 2008, but I would imagine the same situation exists today. I've been wondering about this myself, as I go for a mammogram this Tuesday.

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/rn...breast-tissue/
Try not to worry too much.

Last edited by evepet; 02-22-2013 at 09:58 AM.
Old 02-22-2013, 10:00 AM   #12  
Started IP 2/13/13

S/C/G: 248/123/123

Height: 5'2"

Default vibes to IPdivajen ~.~.~.~.~

IPdivajen -- Sending calming vibes . . . you will be just fine . . . I had the same situation a couple of years back (except only on one side), it was nothing. Focus on how good it will feel to get your good news, keep busy, and soon you will be smiling big smiles of relief.
Old 02-22-2013, 10:04 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 219/Start IP at 206/172/135

Height: 5 feet 3 inches

wishing you the best of luck. I too went several years ago. Turned out to be benign. I now talk about my lumps and bumps episode with laughter. Sending good vibes
Old 02-22-2013, 10:05 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 328.2/205/178

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by evepet View Post
Your post got me wondering how a significant weight loss affects the density, etc., of breast tissue. Apparently finding benign differences on mammograms after a significant weight loss is fairly common. There are some posters discussing this very topic at the obesityhelp.com forum below. The posts are from 2008, but I would imagine the same situation exists today. I've been wondering about this myself, as I go for a mammogram this Tuesday.

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/rn...breast-tissue/
Try not to worry too much.

Will be interesting to see what happens for sure! I've always joked that if I needed to go for a mammogram it would be no big deal as my boobs are currently so deflated after the weight loss that they're pancakes anyway! hehe. And in the grand scheme of things I'm not too concerned as benign breast cysts are insanely common but it's that what if factor as you approach the actual test, you know?

I actually work in a cancer hospital and women's cancers are in my portfolio so this is an interesting look at the other side. I'm a fundraiser and have actually been involved in raising the funds used to buy the very machines I'll be screened on this afternoon! An up close and personal look that I would have happily avoided but it sure does give me extra perspective on the value of what I do!

Thanks, all. I'm sure all will be just fine.
Old 02-22-2013, 10:10 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 224/211/140

Height: 5'6"

This might be a silly question: Is it possible to drink too much water on this diet? I drink probably 4-5 litres a day (somewhere between 120-150 oz). I find now that if I don't drink a ton of water all day, I am insanely thirsty. Just want to make sure I am not flushing out good vitamins and things in my body.
Closed Thread