South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-22-2013, 06:15 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default TGIF on the Beach - February 22

Good morning. Sunshine predicted for today and maybe a temp above freezing. Then we get snow for 14 days according to the long range forecast. Winter can stop anytime soon as far as I'm concerned.

Spent a good morning with Rachel talking wedding flowers. She brought me some carrot muffins that she made with coconut flour. She told me they had no sugar but when she gave me the recipe, they were sweetened with maple syrup. They sure were delicious though and would probably work OK with Splenda or agave syrup.

After gym this morning, I am taking off for town for some boring odds and ends but am definitely going to buy a pot of spring bulbs to enjoy over the weekend. My house plants are looking very happy with the longer days but I need bloomage!

TGIF and stay safe and warm if you are being hit by snow.
Old 02-22-2013, 06:55 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Awww, it sounds like Rachel tried, Ruth. Is she still sticking with the simple lavendar bouquet? I am hoping for another good snow, but would not be looking forward to 14 days of it. You can come here to visit if you need to get away .

Today is my morning off , and I don't feel like being very productive. I plan to get a work out in, then meet a friend for lunch before my shift. After, I'm meeting a friend for coffee to discuss summer care. She offered to watch my kids for the summer at a waaay cheaper rate then camps, and I think it should work out okay.

Anyone have exciting Friday plans?
Old 02-22-2013, 07:05 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Morning quick fly by as I have a doctor's appointment at 8:45, 45 minutes away what was I thinking. Jim and Nancy didn't make it home last night. So doggie duty again today. Rylee seems to be on a hunger strike since they left. Since she could use SB for doggies I am sure she is fine

Hope to be back later
Old 02-22-2013, 07:39 AM   #4  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning I am off to the western side of the state today to help train a new organizer. I love the drive over the mountains on a nice day. It's so beautiful.

So glad it's Friday!

Here's a link to the benefit concert tomorrow night if anyone is curious. I hope there's a good turnout.

Now it's time to hit the road
Old 02-22-2013, 08:00 AM   #5  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

I haven't watched the news yet today to see snow totals but am guessing we got about a foot. We cancelled our morning workout but might go this afternoon instead if we (including mom and trainer) are all plowed out. I'm working the closing shift tonight and expect we won't see a single customer.

I was productive during my snow day. Got caught up on scrapbooking (although I admit to very few photos in the past year) and laid out most of the stuff for my trip.

Have a great Friday.
Old 02-22-2013, 08:57 AM   #6  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Another work from home day for me, we got about 4 inches of snow and about 3 inches of ice combined, quite slick roads, they should be okay later this afternoon though.

Ruth that does sound like a delish recipe.

to everyone else

Have a great day everyone
Old 02-22-2013, 10:29 AM   #7  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning

I'm enjoying my last few peaceful moments at home before heading to water aerobics then over the hill. The roads look kind of crummy it's snowing a bit but I need to get over before the ski traffic starts. Last weeks trip was way too long.

Happy Friday everyone!
Old 02-22-2013, 12:19 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 244/244/140

Height: 5'6.5"

I rarely post on these daily threads, but I love reading what you Beach Ladies are doing each day. Sounds like everyone is having a good Friday! :-)

I just got back to my apartment from my mother's. She is going into surgery next week. She should have already had this surgery, but she's scheduled herself to go into the hospital on Tuesday so she can see her own patients today and Monday. Wish my mom would take as good care of herself as she does of others!

In her honor, I'm tending to myself today, too! Going to eat my lunch, then work out and then go off to yet another job interview. I love the freedom of running my own business, but I think the "security" (pause for laughter in using that word in this world!) of a full-time job might be just the ticket for me for a while!

PS Ruthxxx, your story reminds me of my friend who knows that I'm on SB and came over to comfort me the other week with a HUGE basket of meringue cookies....she said "no flour and no egg yolks!" It's always the thought/intention that counts. She was a little miffed that I didn't eat any in front of her, but I said I'd eat them later. (I didn't eat them later!)
Old 02-22-2013, 03:24 PM   #9  

Height: 5'6"

Your lucky Ruth, getting to see sunshine.... its snowing here today.

EliseVi glad to hear your mother has scheduled her surgery and is not putting it off any further. I hope you have a good day tending to yourself.

Happy Friday everyone!
Old 02-22-2013, 03:27 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

I think calling it a "day off" is an oxymoron. A day off from what? I've been busy since I got up this morning and am just now able to take a break. It does feel good to have all my niggles out of the way, though.

I plan to try out an interesting recipe for a Chickpea and Spinach Curry from the new Penzey's catalog for supper, then afterwards I'm going to try to make it to Maggie's talent show at her school. The sad part is that she's not scheduled to perform until around 9, and I'm not looking forward to driving back home in the dark with it raining. I do wish they'd schedule these events during daylight hours. Maybe I'll just stay home and enjoy a glass or two of wine and watch Gold Rush, instead.

This rain is supposed to change over to a wintry mix overnight, which will make for a slippery mess come morning. But that's all we're supposed to get from this storm. I'd love to have at least one big snowstorm before winter's end, as long as it happens on a weekend.
Old 02-22-2013, 11:31 PM   #11  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Been soooo busy! Miss you girls! Hit goal for Feb. Hope you're all well!!!

Lisa
Old 02-23-2013, 12:12 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Stopping in to say hello. It's a poop-kicker of a day at work and I've barely had time to think straight, LOL
Closed Thread