Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-21-2013, 11:10 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 170/170/120

Height: 5'6"

Default Self-inflicted plateau

For the past 12 weeks or so I keep gaining and losing the same 5 pounds. It's completely my own doing. I'll have a week or 2 where I do great and stay on plan. Then partway through the next week I just throw it out the window for some reason and completely go off plan until my next weigh-in. I know it's an all-or-nothing mentality and I've got to learn to shake it. I'm starting to get discouraged and feeling like I'm never going to reach goal. I'm only 10 pounds away but it's starting to feel farther than it ever has. Has anyone been through this and could perhaps offer some advice on how to kick this self-inflicted plateau routine?
Bumblebee 82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 11:48 AM   #2  
Mini Goal 1- 199

S/C/G: 275/201.3/160

Height: 5'7

I completely understand where you're coming from. I'm 15-ish lbs away from my new goal and yet I've been maintaining (not really plateau-ing, because I know why my weight loss has stagnated and it's all to do with me and how I'm eating) within the same 5 lbs for like 10 months now. I know if I really wanted to, I could kick it into gear and lose the weight but when you're close to goal, it's so easy to get comfortable where you are and no longer be willing to do the needed mental work to push to the end.

Don't feel discouraged, maybe allow yourself to just be for a little and settle into this weight, learn to maintain it and be healthy and work on fitness etc. One day soon, when you're ready, you'll get the push and get there. There's no rush or competition, you've already done so well to get within 10 pounds. Don't be so hard on yourself!
toastedsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 01:25 PM   #3  
Starting Over Again

S/C/G: 195/195/150

Height: 5'5"

I'm having the same issue. The last two weeks have been stressful and hectic and I'm not eating as well as I should. I've been fluctuating between 184.4 to 185.6.
Psychic is offline   Reply With Quote