South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-12-2013, 05:17 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Default Fat Tuesday (Mardi Gras) Beach Chat 2/12

Good morning get your beads ready for a little Fat Tuesday celebration. Probably a bad title for the daily thread. No celebrating here, just working and no where near the Big Easy. Besides big crowds and rowdiness just are not my cup of tea.

Well tomorrow starts Lent for some of us. I have decided to give up snacking in the living room. I don't over indulge too frequently and sorry but I just cannot sacrifice coffee. So snacking it is I am also going to try to keep my internal filter on and think before speaking.

What does everyone have planned for today? Looking forward to reading everyone's posts on my way home tonight. Have a great day!
Old 02-12-2013, 06:21 AM   #2  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Jennifer and Beachers yet to arrive. I've got plenty of fresh ground coffee here, can I get anyone a cup?

Yesterday ended up being less productive than I hoped because of more weather related yuck around here. Luckily the next few days should be nice - clear and warmish. I've got 2 packed driving days then our Lobby Day Thursday. Unfortunately I think I might have an injured bicep tendon, just to make life interesting. I fell Saturday and was okay until I reached for my bathrobe yesterday morning. It's been constant ache/pain since then. Of course I have no time to mess with doctors even if I could get an appointment. Guess I'll stick with the exercise bike for the next few days.

Time to get moving around here. Hope your day is sunny
Old 02-12-2013, 07:01 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

mornin' chicks. Time goes by so quickly, I can't believe tomorrow starts lent. Kudos to you Jennifer, for not snacking in the living room. I'll have to decide if I'll do anything (mind you, that I have vacation in 2 weeks...). Mardi Gras does make me think of our Michelle chick that used to be on here that supposedly makes a mean jambalaya. Maybe I'll convince her (on facebook) to pop back in here! (I think she wandered over to weight watchers....)

Cyndi, hope your arm feels better. I tend to forget to even pop some anti-inflammatories, and darned...they really do work! Hope you get some relief this week.

I'm dropping "chuckwagon stew" off at my 2nd graders classroom this AM for lunch. They're having a Canada day, and we all signed up to bring different things. Ruth, do you guys really eat chuckwagon stew? Straight off allrecipes.com! I tasted a bit...it is good. I'm not sure the 2nd graders will eat it!

After that, a long day at work, then a school meeting tonight. Here's to hoping I eat well today!
Old 02-12-2013, 07:28 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning. I'm sipping Emeril's Big Easy this morning although I forgot it was Fat Tuesday. I have the last of my SF Irish Cream syrup in it so guess I am celebrating. It's a good thing because now I don't need to give it up for Lent.

Jeckel, giving up snacking in the LR is a good idea except I never started.

Cyndi, I hate those injuries that sneak up on one. I have that problem with mysterious bruises.

TwynnB, was that the Michelle from NO with the gorgeous house? I used to enjoy her posts but didn't know she was still around. I have never made or had Cuckwagon Stew and don't know anyone who has. Not browning the meat and canned beans would turn me off.

Yesterday was certainly a melty day and our snow is shrinking fast. Jazz ploughed through a big drift in the yard and came crying to the deck door absolutely covered in snowballs. Poor little guy could hardly walk because he was just wadded with snow underneath. Disney was OK, probably because she's a snow wimp and sticks to the path.

Not sure what's on the agenda today. I have an uncomfortable feeling that I am supposed to be serving pancakes tonight at one of the other Churches in the Parish but did not write it down. I do have a Valentine gift to wrap and mail to my granddaughter and will make that first on my list this morning. A soak in the tub with another coffee and my new book sounds better but I need to act like a responsible person once in a while.

Whatever happens, on with the day!
Old 02-12-2013, 07:35 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

I need A LOT of coffee to get me going this morning. Thanks, Cyndi. Bad night.

Snacking sounds like a good choice to give up for Lent, Jennifer. Ice cream is my nemesis, so I'm giving that up, and not even having it on Sundays. Hmmmm, I have a partial box of NSA fudgesicles in the freezer that I'd better do something about.

Cyndi, that's a shame about your arm and I hope some ibuprofen helps you get through the day.

Tammy, I hope your long day at work is a good one!

The only sleep I got last night was about an hour before it was time to get up, and today is my long day. That should make things interesting. I think once I start moving around I'll feel better. I'll just put one foot in front of the other and carry on.
Old 02-12-2013, 07:36 AM   #6  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Hello friends! Jennifer, thanks for getting us started this morning. I like the title this morning-keeps me in touch with the goings on in other places. I acquired some of the original glass beads several years ago. Perhaps I'll get a string out and wear it to work. PS I haven't heard of too many who give up coffee for lent...

Cyndi, I'm sorry to hear about your biceps issue. I hope it works its way out!

Twynn, hope your day isn't TOOOO long!

Me, got some necessary paperwork finished now I've got an hour for smoothie/surfing and general pickup before work calls. (looks around) I'm still a bit tired from my "days off". lol

Have a great day everyone!
Old 02-12-2013, 07:55 AM   #7  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning ladies! I was doing SO very well, sticking to plan for somewhere around 9 days..then had some bad food, feel bad about myself, all the stupid self-defeating thoughts that sabotage one's plans...grrr. Hence my absense

Cindy, sorry to hear about your bicep! ouch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthxxx View Post

Not sure what's on the agenda today. I have an uncomfortable feeling that I am supposed to be serving pancakes tonight at one of the other Churches in the Parish but did not write it down.
Ruth, that made me just the way it is so understated I get that uncomfortable feeling...'am I supposed to be somewhere right now' ...I hope that someone lets you know if you're supposed to be serving pancakes

The following is long but I had fun remembering it and this is esp. for Jekel to read on her way home. this was an exchange between me and a lady at work on Sunday.

Her - I want a sandwich..but I don't like your bread.
Me - ...alright...
Her - can i just buy some of the ingredients and take it home?
Me - yes, of course.
Her - Is that real turkey?
Me - YES it is real turkey breast.
Her -OK I'll have a few slices of that. What else would be good in a sandwich?
Me - Would you like some cheese?
Her - No! I have that at home.
Me - OK. Um, lettuce?
Her - I have that at home too.
Me - (getting irritated) How about tomatoes?
Her - ew, winter tomatoes? I don't like those. What else?
Me - (really irritated and sarcastic now) Do you like our green peppers?
Her - What kind are they?
Me - the green and crunchy kind.
Her - That sounds good!
Old 02-12-2013, 11:03 AM   #8  

Good Morning Everyone!

I am always amazed at how early the day starts for everyone. You are all so organized. Today is my off day and I have just now finished breakfast and still need to get dressed and ready. I did get two kids off to school and served breakfast to several stuffed animals so far.

Holly - Thank you for your post and please don't beat yourself up. It really helps me to keep on track when I see others keep going. I hope it will help you too. It just the month I have been here I have seen birthdays, vacations and just bad days but these chicks keep at it! That helps me. When I fall back into old habits I think off of the days when I didn't eat like I used to.

The woman paying for turkey and green peppers made me laugh. We had a batch of what we call crazies yesterday too. It was raining here and one of the girls at work always says that the rain floods the crazies out of the basement! I hope today is Sunny!!!

Jennifer - I'm going to try the almond joy bars as my Valentines treat for my husband. I'm making the trek to whole foods to get ingredients this morning. I did even realize tomorrow was Ash Wednesday. I feel completely out of touch with the world. Ash Wednesday is one of my favorite services. Kinda a yearly reset for me that this is all we get and I need to make the most of it. No church for me tomorrow since I didn't plan ahead. The middle one has her first belt test for karate tomorrow. I think I will give up taking it easy on Sunday Mornings and try to make it to church for lent.

Cyndi - Sorry about your arm. I hope it heals quickly.

Tammy - Good Luck today it sounds busy. I made the lasagna and it was a hit. Taco crock pot dish up next. Smoked paprika soup was not a success, I don't really like tomato soup so I shouldn't have made it. I'm running out of soup weather (the daffodils are already up) so I'd better hurry and pick another one.

Ok.....10:am..... I'd better get going if I'm going to get to the city pick up coconut flour and get back in time for school to be out.

Hope everyone's having a good day!
Old 02-12-2013, 11:41 AM   #9  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Morning all!

Less sore today still working on coffee and wondering what to eat today (no car and need to food shop). I hope everyone has a great day!

Old 02-12-2013, 01:42 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 212/195/155

Height: 5' 8.5"

Hello everyone, Happy Fat Tuesday! I've been away from this site for a long long time, but my hubby wants to go back on south beach.phase one during lent. From past experience, he feels GREAT on phase one. I get headaches, irritability, and fatigue on phase one. *sigh* Wish me luck as I try to do this!
Old 02-12-2013, 02:03 PM   #11  

S/C/G: maintaining

Hey, all. I've been to yoga and then ran errands. Did short cardio. Now I'm off to shower and then to work. Have a great day
Old 02-12-2013, 03:24 PM   #12  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

yup, it's a bicep tear. Probably just partial which is very good. Needs serious rest to heal properly which just isn't going to happen until Friday. I am wearing a sling when I can and taking it as easy as possible considering the week. At least I remembered that a giant oatmeal cookie would not make it feel better
Old 02-12-2013, 09:26 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

CyndiM sorry to hear about your arm! Feel better

Holly thanks for the laugh!

Let's see it is 9:22 pm and I am just on my way home from work. Been up since 3:30. TOM says surprise here I am lol. Dinner was my afternoon snack celery, red pepper slices and nuts. Someone is getting a little cranky. Especially since I am sitting next to a Junior's heart shaped strawberry cheesecake. Not for me giving to my neighbors for their help with the snow and for feeding and walking dogs for me. Despite the long day a bad guy goes back to jail and hopefully for a very long time!

See you in the morning, but definitely sleeping in lol
Closed Thread