General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 02-08-2013, 07:06 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 354/342/250(for now)

Height: 5'3"

Default Rex Reed's comments about Melissa McCarthy = Unacceptable

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_2645276.html

My jaw dropped when I read what he said about her.
CanadianCutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 07:29 PM   #2  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/gene...isgusting.html

You can't tell it by the title, but there was another discussion topic about this today. And I agree - it's AWFUL. Geez... she's a PERSON how about she be treated like one!
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 07:30 PM   #3  
Onederland Bound!

S/C/G: 254/Ticker/200

Height: 5'3

Wow, take s a big man to hide behind his computer and write about a woman's weight. Idiot. Waste of air if you ask me.
SweetTreat80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 07:42 PM   #4  
Here to Learn

S/C/G: 225/140/135

Height: 5'5"

It's being covered by CNN too.
EagleRiverDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 08:35 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'

Question Question for Rex Reed

Remind me again when you were last relevant about anything, movies or otherwise?
curvynotlumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 01:49 AM   #6  
This means war...

S/C/G: 277/237/199

Height: 5'2"

I like the comments. "Lepton brained, fatphobic troglodyte" I think, was the best description of the author of the review so far, you know, if he wants to resort to name calling that comment got it right.
Mango30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 02:03 AM   #7  
I got this

S/C/G: 206/162/135

Height: a little over 5'2

That is just sad. Although I have to wonder if she were "normal" weight, would the writer still nitpick and find something wrong with her?...
amandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 02:25 AM   #8  
This means war...

S/C/G: 277/237/199

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandie View Post
That is just sad. Although I have to wonder if she were "normal" weight, would the writer still nitpick and find something wrong with her?...
Well, I mean...megan fox...super hot...panned by all critics. but she can't act AT ALL.

We'll never know the answer to that question because no matter now thin and hot MM evenr becomes (if that's what she wants and where she takes herself) she'll never outlive her fat actress label. Because the acting profession is what it is she is a type cast professional.

If I wrote movies or tv shows...I'd write parts for her because she has been one of my favorite actresses since Gilmore Girls. She is a great actress and comedian.

I do improve standup from time to time here where I live and I could only WISH to get the laughs that girl got when she was doing stand up. Total hero material there. MM, Margartet Cho, and Jenna Marbles...fav female comedians ever.
Mango30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 07:15 PM   #9  

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianCutie View Post
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_2645276.html

My jaw dropped when I read what he said about her.
SO disgusting and completely unacceptable to say.

however something irked me about what mccarthy and a few others like adele often say, i dont really like it when they say they're "healthy" the way they are. Maybe your health numbers havent skyrocketed (yet) but if you're a good 70-100lbs heavier than what you should be you're not healthy.. you're just absent of illness and disease, lol not my definition of healthy. if it hurts to stand for "too long" or to be agile or to even do simple tasks with even a bit of difficulty is not healthy to me.

im all for loving yourself the way you are but i dont like it when people pass on false information. being healthy is way more than just if you can pass your blood tests.
luckystreak is offline   Reply With Quote