Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 05-08-2003, 01:56 PM   #1  

Default Exercise is starting to pay off

I've been going to the gym since August 1st. Try to go 3 times a week and am successful 90% of the time. Started to jog on the treadmill about a month ago and am up to two min. jog and two min walking and ready to up the jog time. Started doing pilates about two months ago and can do all the exercises on my DVD without feeling that I need to stop.

I was looking at my legs and I'm wondering where my extremely flabby inner thigh went to. Oh they are still flabby, but they don't jiggle as much and feel firmer than the last time I took a close look. I don't know which one is responbile, the jogging or the pilates, but I'm keeping them both up.
Old 05-09-2003, 10:46 AM   #2  

Angry Hi Caledon,

I know what you mean, I also started around September and I really enjoy going to the gym. I thought I would drop out like others do by now. But I am going more than ever. I feel stronger. more flexible and my legs also show muscle. Although that flab in the middle is a killer. But we have to realize all the years it took to stretch the skin, and that we cannot expect it to just spring back in to shape. Determination and willpower will proof to be the our success. Much luck in your endeavor of trying to be your best. We are all in this together, and we must not give up. It might take longer that we expected but we can do it. Congratulations so far on your success

Last edited by baby; 05-09-2003 at 10:49 AM.
Old 05-14-2003, 04:41 PM   #3  

way to go girls ... I find I have been having the same success now that I have raised the tempo of my work outs... I just hope I can keep it up... I have a lot of yard work to start doing now so i hope I can still fit in all I have to do in a day... But it is nice to see the scale move... and I'm a lot tighter..... so I'll have to fit it the workouts somewhere......here's to us girls... lrts keep it up!
Old 05-15-2003, 02:35 PM   #4  

Congrads ladies!
I do WATP and love it! I started in Jan and have lost 43 lbs to date. It is really fun to do and not hard to keep it up!

keep up the great work ladies!

Beth
Old 05-20-2003, 09:49 AM   #5  

I'm am so happy that I can now do things, and do them without being the last in the group to finish. Just came back from the long weekend and it was a very active weekend.

I walked 9 km one day and it wasn't an easy walk, we walked along the shoreline of Killbear park wich in some parts is like rock cliimbing. The same day we went on a 12 km bike ride and the ride was not always flat. I did it all and didn't collapse when we came back to the campsite.

I am so happy that I can now participate in an active life style.
Old 05-20-2003, 09:28 PM   #6  

Wink way to go Caladon

I'm gald to hear that your so active ... I bet it felt real good when the weekend was over... I didn't do too much outside this weekend .... the weather was so crappy on the praires
But I walked 4km yesterday and today.... have to wear off the chocolate cake i made on the weekend
but I find the more I move the more the pounds came off... I've lost 17so far... I also find that if I give myself a reward per 5 lb goal it helps... I try not to make the goal so big... just one bite at a time....so lets keep up the good work
Old 05-27-2003, 09:38 AM   #7  

The one thing that I do not see with all the exercise that I am doing is a weight loss. I guess at this point I am doing the exercises as a part of my new life style and not to lose weight, although I would like to see some downward movement on that scale.

Other members have walked or biked on the weekend and have noted a big loss that week. I cannot say that my any weekly loss that I may have is because of a given activity.
Old 05-31-2003, 10:46 AM   #8  

all I can say is caledon is stick with all the exercising that you can... I was stuck for a year and a half at the same weight... I've been a member of the gym in our town. oh, I would lose a pound or two...I finally resign myslf to the fact.... this is the way its going to be...then I decided to cut back a bit more on my fat.... eat breakfast EVERY DAY,,,,, and put a bit more ompf...into my workouts...This morning I have hit my second goal of 20 lbs.
So don't give up, for I've waited a long time for this. now I start on my third 10 pounds... and I really haven't done much but stepped up my exercise...
Old 06-16-2003, 11:29 AM   #9  

Now I'm finding that since I am able to do more than I ever could, other members of my family are setting the lower limits. We went on a 22 km bike ride on Sunday and my aim was to do 40 km (to the end of the trail and back). My husband wanted to turn back and used the "father's day card" to make a ruling. My 11 year old son could of gone on forever as that kid is just a ball of energy.

I was really disappointed as I wanted to do the 40 km. Next time. The total length of the trail is 35 km, so my goal is to do the whole trail and return for a total of 70 km sometime in the fall.
Old 06-19-2003, 01:19 PM   #10  

Had to drop by and say "good luck!" Keep up the great job you seem to be doing! I'm sure you'll be able to tackle that 70 km in the fall--if DH wants to go back, let him! Let that 11-yr-old keep up with ya!

Cheryl
Closed Thread