Old 01-28-2013, 08:36 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 152/148.5/125

Height: 5"2'

Angry Yoga and Activity Points - WTF

Right, so yesterday I did a REALLY hard 75 minute yoga class. Did I mention that it was really hard? Not hot yoga, but still, killer. Anyway - I haven't done yoga in ages since I've been pretty focuses on training for a couple of races (triathlon/half marathon). When I got home and put it in my tracker - FOUR POINTS??? How is this even possible???
mcorbesato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 09:08 AM   #2  
WW Moderator

Well that's pretty good, actually! You definitely burned more than that, but if you were allotted all of the points that you burned, you wouldn't have any weight loss to show for it. You probably did 8 points worth of activity, if that helps.
Jennifer 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 10:45 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 183/166/135

Height: 5'6"

Yeah I know. WW says 60 min of hot yoga is 5 points. Even though I've looked it up and other sites say you burn between 500-1200 calories per hour.

But it might be because apparently the new 360 WW exercise monitor thing starts counting only AFTER you've hit your baseline exercise for the day. This girl on a blog did an example of the monitor and how she did a 40 minute fast walk and that was considered her "baseline" exercise for the day and gave her 0 activity points. It was only after when she ALSO did a full run and/or weights that it started giving her activity points.

The way WW counts activity points could have something to do with that? I don't know, I don't count my activity points anyway because there are so many variables I can't be sure of what the real points I would accrue would be.
BreathingSpace is offline   Reply With Quote