South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 01-27-2013, 01:02 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 230/170/125

Height: 5' 1"

Default Day 1 Back at the Beach Looking for "fast foods"

Okay....I have to do this and stick to it....I hate drinking water but I am 2 glasses into today....lol!
I have 30# to go and I am bound and determined to do it.
I have to really motivate myself and keep myself there.
Right now I am getting ready to go to the grocery store to get my food to be sure I have "grab & go" meals as that is how my week usually is. My job is very demanding.
What kind of "fast foods" do you prepare totake with you to work?
SHARMENU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 01:18 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

For me, having fast foods around means doing some prep work over the weekend. In winter, I'll usually make a pot of some kind of bean/veg soup or chili for snacks or quick lunches or dinner. I'll wash and prep veggies, maybe make some veggie quiche cups or hard boil a dozen eggs for quick breakfasts. The chocolate cheesecake smoothie is a quick Phase I breakfast. I assume you're on Phase I, but for Phase 2, Nessa's breakfast bars are great for to-go breakfast or snack. I like to stock some single serving V-8s, cheese sticks, and portioned nuts to take along on my at-work days. In the warmer months, I wash and prep salad greens for the week and keep them in a salad keeper in the fridge. I wash and pre-chop other veggies to add to the salads. Hope this helps!
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 01:39 PM   #3  

S/C/G: maintaining

Do you have access to a microwave at work? If so, leftovers are great for PH1 meals. Planning ahead is key. You can also take a salad but be sure to add some protein to it, like chicken or beans. Pre-portioned nuts make a good snack. I always have one ounce in a baggie in my purse. I also take cheese for a snack. I have a thermal lunch bag and I put in a water bottle mostly filled with ice to keep my cheese cold. By the time I leave work the ice has mostly melted and I try to drink all the water on the drive home so I don't get in the house starving.
WaistingTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 04:00 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 230/170/125

Height: 5' 1"

Default Thank you both for

the great ideas!
I just got back from the grocery.....now to prep my food!
SHARMENU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:41 PM   #5  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Sorry I am coming late to the game but it looks like you got some great advice!

When I was working, I did the same thing - cook lots on the weekends and prep. I'd make salads- lettuce in a tupperware and veggies cut in a separate one (cucumbers and bell peppers) to grab and go.

Some "fast" products that I buy are:

Perdue short cuts
100 Calorie guacamole packs
String cheese
Turkey pepperoni
VEGGIES (cucumber, bell pepper and pea pods are my favs)
beans (you can add to salads, smash them and add cheese for a meal)
cheese shreds
low sodium/RF deli meat
jenne1017 is offline   Reply With Quote