Old 01-26-2013, 02:30 AM   #1  

Height: 5'2

Default Anybody with skinnier friends???

Anybody here with skinnier friends?
Well I am a size 16 and all my friends are size 6s and 8s.
Whenever we hang out together, they wear shorts, mini skirts and body-clinging dresses and always look hot and trendy and I always look like a hippo in my oversized clothes *sigh*
size8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 07:47 AM   #2  
under construction

Height: 5'6

i am positive you do not look like a hippo lol

i am my fattest friend im also a size 16 and evreyone else is wearing anywhere from a size 2-4

granted there are somethings that they wear that are just not appropriate to me for a girl my size to wear but i make alot of trends work for me too .... and so can you i am the queen of the mini skirt and super innappropriately short dresses and i can tell you i dont feel one bit subconcious about it , its just legs , i personally believe that no woman has ugly legs thin legs are nice thick legs are nice muscular legs are nice long legs are nice , short legs are begging for a mini skirt to make them look longer

so wear cute clothes ! dont be subconcious and have fun !!
modifyeddoll87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 08:00 AM   #3  
Trying for normal

S/C/G: 253/ticker/175

Height: 5'5"

size8 - I'd bet anything I'm double your age, but one of the things I only JUST learned was to dress your best and to enjoy what you wear no matter what your size. I wear slinky dresses that I absolutely rock...but I know what looks good on me and where slinky works and where it sure don't.

At your size, there is tons of stuff you can wear and look awesome. I can't wait til size 16 :-)
AlmostMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 08:12 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 190/*see ticker*/130

Height: 5'4"

all my friends are skinnier than me, though i don't consider myself the "fat" friend... (anymore )

yeah, they may have bodies that enable them to wear clothes that i can't, but actually, i have a better sense of style than any of my friends, hahaha...

don't let your size prevent you from feeling sassy and sexy! there are other ways to be sexy than wearing skanky short skirts.... learn to dress for your size! there are a million ways of looking super hot

good luck!
KawaiiCandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 09:23 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/140

Height: 5'6"

Yeah, I know how you feel! My two friends are ballet dancers and are tiny. Size 0's are too big for them. I just try to dress my best and that is better for my self esteem than dwelling on it. (After all, they tend to dress in sweatpants, so I'm usually the better-dressed one, anyway)

I have one trademark that works no matter my weight, it's bright lipstick. I'm always wearing some bright pop of color. It makes me happier.
racrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 12:39 PM   #6  
I can, I will, I do

S/C/G: Goal: 130

Height: 5'6"

All of mine are small (anywhere from 165-118lbs) an I'm 268. One of them bought a pole for her house for exercise and just because and they all mess with it when we hang out... Because of my size and my severe lack of upper body strength, I can't do it at all and when I do people think I'm just trying to be funny. Recently though, all of my friends have gotten into hula hooping and I couldn't do that either. So I did my research, decided to buy a nice fitness hoop and have taken to the challenge of learning to be at least on the same level as them in something. I really like it and it makes me feel like we are on the same page more. Plus they come to me for information about fun stuff that involves exercise and I've even got them to join a team with me for the Color Run 5k

The point of me writing this is whenever I feel uncomfortable about my own "sexy-factor" around my friends, I try to find ways to put us all on the same confidence level. You will be able to fit into cute clothes in no time (you're on here so you're trying!), don't let the time it takes to make that happen make you feel like you're not pretty/good enough

Hope this helps

(And to answer the main point, I used to let me being the biggest bother me but recently decided that as long as I am making an effort to improve, I don't need to be upset about it)
Avezy44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 08:28 PM   #7  
ADL

S/C/G: 175/169/140

Height: 5"7

I feel you! I just moved to a new town for graduate school and the people here have much more of an active lifestyle. Also it's warm here all year round so everyone is always outside, active and wearing more revealing clothing. No more bulky sweaters to hide behind! I guess I'm just trying to let you know that you aren't alone in how you feel. Maybe just take comfort in the fact that even if your looks matter to you they don't matter to your friends. Also don't believe that you cant look trendy and sexy just because of your weight. You just need to give your wardrobe a little TLC. Maybe ask one of your friends to help you pick out a few statement pieces? Today there are so many new plus size stores coming out with truly gorgeous clothing i'm sure you can find something and feel just as good as your friends
ADL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 09:44 PM   #8  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Been there done that!
But I'm so antisocial these days that I don't have many friends left lol
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 04:28 AM   #9  
Stubborn.

S/C/G: 197/See ticker/135

Height: 5'6''

The question is more does anyone NOT have skinnier friends, I think...I think most people have at least one friend that's stick thin and gorgeous, and as hard as it is to not compare yourself to others, you have to try...after all, there's clearly things more important than your appearance that attracted your friends to you in the first place. I was decidedly larger than all of my friends at home, and if I wasted my time dwelling on that fact, I'd have a horrible time when we went out. Try to shift your focus from yourself to the people you're with...not what they look like, but the things that make them your friends like their humor and whatever crazy shenanigans you get into while together.
Hotaruchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 01:28 AM   #10  

Height: 5'2

Thanks guys, and you are all right.. As hard as it is not to compare myself to them, I will do my best not to and wear cute clothes for my size..
size8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 07:26 AM   #11  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

I've always had thinner friends who were all very sporty while I was more artistic and didn't really like sports. This was in high school by the way. I felt like a monster at times! But as I grew up and started to take control of my weight I realised that even though I thought my weight made me ugly, my thin friends all have their own issues with their bodies. So just because a girl is skinny doesn't mean she doesn't feel the same anguish with her body as a girl who is fat.

We all need to stop beating ourselves up and stop nitpicking at every part of our bodies and just chill the eff out! Losing weight is great to gain confidence but it should also open your eyes to seeing the beauty in you no matter what. And comparing yourself to others is, as they will always say, pointless!

Last edited by Riestrella; 01-28-2013 at 07:27 AM.
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 12:05 PM   #12  
My Life, My Rules

S/C/G: 323/286/220

Height: 5'11

I have always been the "fat chick" in the group of "skinny chicks". When I started doing this I thought it was because I was proving how comfortable with myself. Now years later I realize I am not only comfortable with myself, I don't see them as my skinny friends anymore. I refuse to see myself as anything other than the wonderful person I am! I am gorgeous, gregarious, and funny as all get out. I look amazing in a jacket/tshirt/jeans combo (something most people without these curves can't do) and I rock what am and refuse to let my own insecurities interrupt my friendships with these amazing people in my life! Plus, you have never felt better about yourself than when a skinny girl tells you they wish they could lose weight and look as good a you!
lovinmeeveryday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 12:23 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 217/164/132

Height: 5'5

OMG! I DO! lol!!

All my friends are super models! (One of them actually ALWAYS without fail gets stopped by modelling scouts whenever we all go out together!) They are gorgeous and they take care of themselves, and my worst nightmare is just about three weeks away... One of them is getting married, on the beach of course, and we are all going to the Caribbean for a week together. Yep, all of them with their perfect bodies and I.

But having lost the weight that I had lost to this point, I feel pretty proud of myself, so I'm hoping I'll enjoy the experience... Though I don't know what will happen to all my positive thinking once I have to take of my towel and wear my bathing suit on the same beach as the rest of them...
1yr2mkovr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 12:58 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 328/320/200

I am on the same boat, but I have to say all of them make me feel just as beautiful as them. I get treated no different they try to include me in all their activities and try to incorporate things we can all do.
jaykai45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 01:18 PM   #15  
Starting over sucks.

S/C/G: 485/445/250

Height: 6'1

I outweigh my biggest female friend by about 200 lbs. More at my heaviest. I'm bigger than all the guys too. I'm literally the only person in my peer group with more than maybe 15 pounds to take off. I'm very familiar with the fat friend feeling.

That being said, I get compliments on my style from all my friends. Yes, plus size clothes can be really limiting, but we still have a lot of options. You can look your best no matter what size.

As for fitting in? Sometimes I lag behind a little. I didn't do the treetop obstacle course with them this summer. But most of the time we have a ball. They're my friends after all, we have similiar interests.
Radiojane is offline   Reply With Quote