Closed Thread

Old 05-07-2003, 08:36 AM   #1  

Default Wednesday, climbing the hump!

Morning girls, starting the thread....
Old 05-07-2003, 08:41 AM   #2  

I seem to be the earlier poster these days....Well, I got to work a bit earliert than usual lately, but I'm disappointed because I overslept and didn't have time to exercise. How sick is that?? Anyway, I've really come to realize I need to get in done in the morning because too much stuff comes up at night. Especially when I work long days like today (I'm trying to make up hours to take a day off). I'll try to do some sort of cardio and my strength training tonight. I've been staying on plan with the eating though, so that's a plus. I'm kind of nervous to weigh in on Friday. It's one of those things where I had such a big water weight loss last week that it could rebound - plus with exercise I usually tend to lose slower (maybe from muscle?). So I'm a little worried that I won't see a loss, or will even see a gain after being totally OP. I used to get on the scale every morning - I think this is the first time I've ever considered not weighing in. I don't know if I could do it though, the suspense could kill me!
Old 05-07-2003, 09:32 AM   #3  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

Good morning Lexxy!

Well I know I haven't been posting. I feel absolutely horrible. I cried this morning....I know some of my pants have been getting tight but right now there is only 2 pairs of jeans and 1 pair of kakhis (spelling?) I fit into and those are TIGHT. I have about 6 pairs of paints I can't wear because they don't fit. I really have to get back on track and start doing some CARDIO. I guess I will just have to force myself to the gym. I could really use some support right now. The weird thing is that I just started to accept the fact that I actually look good (well better than I did at 220 pounds!). 2 years later and I am just starting to actually see the difference. Isn't that weird? But I'm still REALLY bummed about the pants and I don't have money to buy any other clothes so I really do have to start losing this weight.

*sigh*

Hope everyone else had a better morning than me!
Old 05-07-2003, 09:41 AM   #4  
Duchess Tiger Lily

Good morning Lexxi and Lori!

Lori, I can do identify with you about the struggle between feeling better about yourself than when you were heavier and then having something like tight pants come up that just kind of blows it all out of the water. You are so going to get back into those pants, though. That little tugging feeling you have when you sit in those tight pants is the best anti-cheat tool that I think exists, at least for me. In the meantime, could you get a bodyshaper (we had a big debate about a year ago as to that these are really girdles but for our self-esteem, we call them bodyshapers) at Walmart or something? THey run about $5 and it might just make you feel better about your body while you work on getting back into the pants. Might make you more comfortable in them too for the time being. I think you're wise not to buy new pants -- it's almost a license to give up. Hng in there hon -- you are so in the homstretch!!!!

Lexxi, sounds like you're really getting the mental mindset of being a daily exerciser down. It does feel like something is missing when you don't work out, doesn't it? Good girl! What are you going to do with that day off you're earning for yourself?

Well, I have a dentist appointment today (ick) and something that I know I have going on this afternoon but I can't remember for the life of me what or where. I didn't write it on my calendar because I remember thinking to myself :"Well, that's so obvious, how could I forget it?" Big mistake! So I'm hoping I get a phone call or something happens to jog my memory on it. And all of my voice students come tonight. They start at 5:00 and the last one finishes at 8:00, so that will keep me occupied.
I better go brush and floss (and try to make it appear as though I floss daily rather than the 2-3 times a week that is my usual lazy habit!) I'll check in later!

Jayne

ps Jen congrats on Kate
Old 05-07-2003, 09:54 AM   #5  

Good morning Lexxy, Lori, and Jayne! (and everyone else too!)

First of all, CONGRATS JEN!!! I am so excited for you, I know how much you were ready for this pregnancy to be over. Enjoy that little baby, you know how fast they grow....

Not much new with me. I finished my 37 slide presentation and 10 page paper, now I am working on a 5 page paper that is due Friday, and I have to study for two finals next week, then the semester is done, and I will have a few weeks off of school before summer school starts.

I have had migraine headaches for the last three days, I have been totally out of commission. I get them terribly, but usually only once every few months. I guess I have to chalk it up to stress, or the new BC pill that I am on, not sure. But, if they keep up, I think I will head back to the dr. I have had a CAT scan, and have tried many migraine Rx's, but nothing seems to cut it except runs to the ER for a shot of something. Except that wipes me out for three days...it is a vicious circle!!

Anyway, enough complaining, I am sure I will be fine! I did go for a 2.5 mile walk Monday night with my 90 pound lab, we had a great walk, I am planning on going again today, if the rain stays away.

I am re re re re committing myself to exercise and journalling, and will join you all on the challenge thread. I really want to lose 30 lbs by September, before a potential pregnancy, so it is time to kick it into gear!!

Well, better get ready for class..BBIAB...
Old 05-07-2003, 10:04 AM   #6  
Eve's Mom

Lori Honey, Please don't cry!! You are so not alone! I have heard of lots of people taht lose and immediately gain all of it back. You are just haveing a slip up a couple of years later, I mean it's not terrible. your pants are tight, some too small. You aren't back up to 220!! And that is a damn good thing. I think you need to take a step back and focus on what you've accomplished.

About only feeling it now, I can relate too - I have lost 50-odd pounds (but still 40 away from goal) and its only now that I realize - wow, I am a size 16 and not a size 24. How weird is that??

Please keep your chin up!! ((((((HUG))))))))

...JEN!!! WOW Congratulations! Welcome Kate!! Post pics.

Good morning Lexxy! I feel the same way about exercise. Why is that? I mean, I know I tone up and lose inches, but I feel it should show on the scale. How annoying is that anyway.

WEll, thanks for all your understanding and warm wishes about the visit. Tomorrow is the big day....

Kim - get your head checked (ha ha). No, seriously, that is a very serious matter - go see a doctor! You could be having cluster headaches and that is not good.

Congrat to all those planning on making babies. And Jayne - you look great girl!!

'Better go - don't want to work late - well, I can't, its my dad's b-day and we are taking him to Joey's Only (his fave - you Canadians shoudl know).

Hi to KT, Rina (I'll think of you when flying over Sask tomorrow!), Laura, Kirsty, Angie, Tonya, Ali, Kier (where are you girl?), Jess and the rest!

BBL
Old 05-07-2003, 10:11 AM   #7  
Eve's Mom

Lori, I was just thinking - could this be self-sabotage? I mean, I find I do this to myself - when I get under 200 I somehow manage to sabotage myself. I really find myself thinking "I can't maintain under 200, I have never been under 200 since Grade 11 and its easier to be at this weight and know I can stay here...". Maybe, subconsciously, you are doing something similar. You are so close to your goal, you are figuring out how good you look (and yes, you look GOOD - a pretty, and thin, girl) and maybe that is scary to you - you might be more "comfy" at a larger size...

Anyway, that is my 2 cents. All I can say is, I can relate to what you are going through and we are here for you!!
Old 05-07-2003, 10:22 AM   #8  

Lori, we've all been there! I tired on a couple of suits yesterday, one that I used to wear in the fall, and one I bought when I was my thinnest (have never worn it). I couldn't even get the pants up over my hips. I have such a long way to go to even get to where I was this time last year. I know it's so frustrating to backtrack, and yes, sometimes it feels like it may just be easier to give up. It will happen if you stick with things, it just takes time. I remember when my first weight loss really starting showing and people would ask me what I did - and I told them basically just counting calories. They all seemed so surprised, but didn't realize that I had been doing it for like 8 months before anyone had noticed. I don't care what anyone says, to me it seems like it comes on a heck of a lot quicker then it comes off! Anyway, it's good you don't have the $$ to buy fat clothes, you don't need them! Just wear those same pairs of pants for however long it takes you to get back on track (trust me, I've been wearing the same 3 things all year, my co-workers must be so sick of it). Sometimes I'm really convinced that maintaining is harder than losing. You basically have to keep the same mentality of eating right and exercising without seeing that scale continuing downward - that's why so many people around here (like myself) have re-gained. Don't beat yourself up over it or discount what you've already done. We're all here on the board, IM or email!

Jayne, I'm not really sure what I'll be doing with my day off. I have a friend coming into town this weekend, so I may spend it with her, or may spend it cleaning, exercising, etc - the stuff I am too busy to do on the days I work! Seems a little ironic....

Tonya, a friend of mine used to get awful migraines on the pill - she tried to keep changing them in order to stay on, but finally it was too much and had to switch to different birth control. That may very well be it!

Belle, have fun this weekend!
Old 05-07-2003, 12:01 PM   #9  
Cockeyed Optimist

Hi Ladies!

Lexxy - I'm with you on the exercise. I do great for a month and then get busy with work and get off track for a month. I'm trying to get back on track right now.

JenL - Congratulations. Kate is a lovely name.

Tonya - migraines suck! Hope you are feeling better soon. Chin-up - the semester is almost over.

Jayne - ick - dentist!

Lori - I've done the same thing. Lost 40lbs and gained back 10lbs. I keep focusing on the 10lb I regained instead of the 30lb I kept off. And like many others, I insist on wearing the same 3 things because I won't buy new clothes. Feel free to IM me if you need to chat today.

Had my day of pampering. Went to tan (I know - horrible for me), got a full set in a french manicure, got highlights and a cut, went to the library and found the PERFECT black dress for CB's ex-girlfriend's wedding.

Must get back to work though - playing catch-up.

Laura
Old 05-07-2003, 12:26 PM   #10  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

Thanks for the support girls. I really appreciate it.

Belle, I think what the problem is is that I am finally starting to get over my ED but haven't gotten past the binging yet. I think once I start to control that things will get much better. Its a process I guess right?

Jayne - Did you figure out what the appointment was yet? I do that with my counselling appointments (don't write them down) because they are the same time on the same day every week, but I STILL forget, and if I forget I have to pay the full amount for the visit, not the copayment, so that is making me remember better now hahaha J/k. I write down the appointment now on my calendar so I don't forget.

Tonya - Congrats on getting all your work done. Now all that is left is finals you said right? That must feel really good It has felt really weird for me since I graduated last spring and started working because I haven't started taking any Grad. classes yet.

Lexxy - I'm with you on the "maintaining is harder than losing" part! I really need to kick my butt into gear tho and get on with the maintaining!

Laura - When ids CB's ex's wedding? Is it very soon? I can't wait to hear how it all goes What is your IM name again? I'll be able to chat but forget your IM name.
Old 05-07-2003, 12:41 PM   #11  
Canadian Chick

Mornin girlies!

I just got back from a 35 minute walk in the rain. I made a commitment to myself that I am going to go for a walk everyday regardless of the weather. This morning I got up & saw the rain & thought I really didn't want to go but I talked myself into it. Once I got out there it was actually really nice. I feel quite relaxed (although my brother isn't up yet to deal with). I told myself I had to walk at least 30 minutes but when I got out there I thought I'll walk longer b/c it is so nice but then my ears started to ache & I knew I better not push it. For some reason I am really prone to ear aches! Anyone know any cures? My Grandma says to cut an onion in half, microwave it & wrap it in a cloth & put the cut side to your ear but I just can't bring myself to try it!! Anyway I'm feeling really good b/c I stuck to my promise to myself. I'm hoping that tonight I won't feel too tired & then maybe I'll get dh to play some b-ball or take another walk The rain is supposed to stop by then

Lori, Don't get too down on yourself! You've come a long way girl. Go look at your before pics & look at your progress now! You still look awesome! Maybe part of it is water weight. Make sure you get your water in. Get your 5 veg/fruit in each day & take small steps to get active. You can do it. You already did it once!

Lexxy, don't fret about the scale. Do you take your measurements? That another great way to tell how you're doing. I try to do it once a month.

Tonya, glad to hear you're headed for a bit of a slow down. Are you guys taking a vacation this summer? Sounds like you deserve it! btw have you tried getting regular massage for you migraines? Not only does it help relax you but on a regular basis it can help regulate hormones so in the long run it can really make a difference. I used to be a migraine sufferer but now I rarely get them. I was getting one a day for 4 months. I got massage two times a week & after two months I had a headache once a week. After 1 year of massage twice a week I was down to maybe a headache a week. Then I went to one treatment a week & by the end of 6 months of that I wasn't getting headaches anymore. I now get a massage every two weeks (not for headaches but for my arms & back b/c of my job) & it has kept the headaches at bay for over 2 years! I'll warn you thought when I would first get treatments my headache would intensify for about an hour after the treatment & sometimes I'd even feel sick but then it would dissipate & would feel wonderful! Look into it!

Laura, I'm jealous! Sounds like you had a fab time! Can you show us pics of your new hair?

Jayne did you remember your other engagement yet? Hope you get it figured out in time!

Belle I totally understand the self-sabotage thing. Its been me too many times! Its something I really have to fight myself about. Sad. It seems like so many women have this problem. There are soem great books out there about it. Has anyone read any of Geneen Roth's books? Some are about sabotage others are about emotional eating-all of the issues that come into play with losing weight.

Hi to all of you about to post. Where are you everyone else? Has anyone heard from JenK lately? I hope that with the summer coming she might be a little more free to come back & chat with us. There seem to be so many people who used to be here all the time but aren't around anymore We miss you girls!
Old 05-07-2003, 12:44 PM   #12  
Canadian Chick

Wow sorry about the monster post!
Old 05-07-2003, 01:21 PM   #13  
Canadian Chick

Ok me again! I just remembered something I wanted to know. Have any of you heard of points bracelets? One girl at my meeting was in the stated & she went to a meeting in oklahoma. She told us that they were seeling these bracelets that had beads on them & then a charm & you moved the charm to keep track of your points throughout the day! I thought what a great idea! Why have I never heard of this until now? Anyway I went to this awesome store clles the Bead Hive & got all the stuff to make one for me & one for my pal who is doing this with me. I tell you it is so wonderful! I have this constant reminder of where I'm at & I can add my points when I'mn away from the house. I made mine with my points range-Iused a different bead as a marker so i know where the minimum is & then I also put 10 different beads on for banked points so I can see how many I have just in case & how many I used. this is such a cool idea! Am I the last to know? Do you all have bracelets & not tell me?? Anyway just thought I'd share that!

Btw KT I want to know what this awesome supper is that you have planned!
Old 05-07-2003, 01:24 PM   #14  

No time to post-but CONGRATULATIONS JEN!!!
Old 05-07-2003, 01:40 PM   #15  

Rina, I actually read about those points bracelets in SHAPE (I think) a couple days ago. I meant to mention it here, but totally forgot. That's awesome you made your own - I think they're selling for at least $20. Good for you for getting up to walk this morning. I think what you said about feeling good about keeping your promise to yourself is so true. I am good at keeping my promises to other people, why not me too?

Well, I hope everyone's doing well, I'm kinda bummed, and I'm totally doing it to myself, thinking about the ex and his new GF. I have to drive by his place on my way to work and his car wasn't there this morning, so I know he stayed with her. Things here at work are crappy too. I think I've mentioned my boss has been being a ***** lately, and now I found out that funding for like half our team is running out in July. I can pretty much guarantee I won't be one that she picks to stay here, especially since she's keeping me in the dark about eveything that's going on lately. Oh joy. I don't think I'll get laid off altogether, but I may be sent to another project which I won't have any say in. I've been here almost 3 years, so I'm pretty set in my ways.
Closed Thread