South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-25-2013, 07:14 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Default Fabulous Friday Beach Chat 1/25

Well, I'm not sure it's *fabulous*, but attitude is everything, right?! I am grateful that DD slept thru the night, but she still feels hot this morning. I'll let her finish sleeping before I do anything to her.

I have the morning off, which will be cuddling my sick child, having a work out, maybe cleaning a bit (aw, really?), then off to work at 2. Tomorrow is DH's bday, so I need to make sure I pick up a card, although his surprise gift I'm sure will be plenty .

We've been using our regular coffee pot for morning coffee b/c of the expense of the keurig, so it's only Mr. Folger instead of Paul over this morning. He's okay, but I really prefer Paul .
Old 01-25-2013, 07:43 AM   #2  

S/C/G: maintaining

Not fabulous here but maybe calling it so will make it so I am feeling my cold still. And way behind on sleep. Off to the work out with my mom this morning and working the closing shift tonight. DH is heading to his mom's for the afternoon so I might actually get a nap in!! Off to get more tea now. BBL
Old 01-25-2013, 07:59 AM   #3  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Ugh, overslept again this morning. Good thing it's another work at home, phone call morning. Being my own personal atmosphere at night is really throwing my sleep off.

Hey, it's Friday so date night then the weekend. Things are looking up around here. Make your own pizzas and Wii Zumba sound like a fun evening. Just have to get through a couple of meetings and a bunch of phone calls. Happy Friday!
Old 01-25-2013, 07:59 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning Tammy hope DD feels better. Cannot wait to hear about hubby's surprise gift. Sounds like you will have fun this weekend. Thanks for starting us off the past two days.

Karen hope working out today perks you up. Maybe you won't need the nap. Oh how I miss those.

DS is still sleeping. I am enjoying my coffee before I dare wake him. It is great having him home even if on,y for a night. He loved the southwestern pot roast. So much so he is getting the leftovers to take back to his dad's. Why waste food. He devoured the twice baked cauliflower! which is amazing because he does not like mashed potatoes lol. We played cards and watched a movie nice quite night at home.

Soon we will be off for our Dr appointments. Then hopefully lunch at Panera's Oh how I love their soups.

Hope everyone thaws out soon. We are up to 12 so it's officially a heat wave
Old 01-25-2013, 08:00 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 307/294/160

Holy cow!! I am sore. Hoping it is coming from getting those 10k in steps in. My scale still has not moved. Hopefully next Wednesday it will. I am heating healthy shouldn't that make me feel better...NOT! I know I should be ashamed but it is what it is.

Have a great Friday! We are supposed to get ice here...yuck!
Old 01-25-2013, 08:01 AM   #6  

Hi Cyndi we must have been posting simultaneously. Enjoy date night!
Old 01-25-2013, 08:47 AM   #7  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

I am trying to talk myself into it being a fabulous Friday !!!!! I am tired, last two nights I have gone to bed early and still wake up tired. I think it is just this cold weather.

I did get my hair cut last night yeah.

I am retaining water since TOM is about to start so I did not get on the scale for my weekly weigh in, no need in upsetting the mind cart. I will wait till next week.

Enjoy your Friday!!!
Old 01-25-2013, 09:15 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Karen , hope you get a nap in today and that you are feeling better for the weekend.

Cyndi, I'll have to see what DH thinks of that as a date night .

Jekel, you would really, REALLY like his surprise gift. Hint, hint. I'll have to try that twice baked cauliflower! I love panera's soups too, but our panera is in campus town, which I dislike greatly!

Payday, make sure you're taking your measurements too! If you didn't exercise a lot before, there's a good chance you're losing inches but not as much lbs. Good for you!!

Pearl - I think you are wise avoiding the scale with TOM! I hope you feel more refreshed tomorrow!

DD is up, fever is still up, but her spirits are good (and she's thrilled to watch tv ALL. DAY. LONG.). Time to start moving and doing stuff myself.
Old 01-25-2013, 10:18 AM   #9  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

It's snowing here...but warmish...38 degrees. That should make for some icy roads. I'm sure one to be excited for winter to pass.

Water aerobics then a homeopathic fun appt this afternoon. Other than that it's a stay home day.

Happy Friday everyone!
Old 01-25-2013, 12:13 PM   #10  

Just left my doctor's appointment. They have a lot of new staff members. So after I used the ladies room, they tell me we need a pregnancy test. Really?? Ok so I chugged a huge glass of water. Then they want to weigh me, lol I guess my home scale isn't good enough. Their scale made me 5 pounds heavier, but I don't care because I was wearing a sweater, boots, jeans etc. So I figure all my clothes had to weigh something.

Tammy I hope you post a picture on FB after hubby gets his present. I think I know what it is

Way to go Payday!!! Some people don't take that many steps in a week!!! Great job, Tammy is right you may notice inches before pounds really come off

Pearlrose hope you like your hair cut. I stay away from the scale too around TOM time. I also find I have a really hard time controlling mindless eating when it is that time. Oh how I dream of menopause lol.

Debbie be careful driving around today. But 38 sounds heavenly lol
Old 01-25-2013, 01:21 PM   #11  
Noob :)

S/C/G: 245/ticker/125

Height: 5'3"

Is it bad I haven't started yet? I do have a reason. After I posted that I'm starting... I got sick. I just got "over" it this past Tuesday and now am fighting to keep ANY food down because of sinus drainage. I know, so dramatic. :P But it's true! So I'm eating toast. That's about it. And water. I at least got my sugar cravings under control. So maybe when I start it won't be so bad. I'm drooling over P1 recipes I find and really look forward to eating a full meal. A proper meal, not the tuna sandwich or grilled cheese hubby and daughter have been having. (Their tastes are simple, thankfully!) So... yeah!
Old 01-25-2013, 04:55 PM   #12  
Working on healthy

It is 6 minutes before 5 but I am declaring the weekend starts now!

I so hate phone days, long and boring. Now I need to wait for my date to wake-up. Apparently everyone had a long week Can't wait for pesto, goat mozzarella, & tomato pizzas (on ww pitas, of course)

Last edited by CyndiM; 01-25-2013 at 04:55 PM.
Old 01-25-2013, 05:04 PM   #13  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Evening ladies!

Snow here and I am making http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/soup...til-stoop.html for dinner

Old 01-25-2013, 05:14 PM   #14  
Working on healthy

Can't believe I haven't tried this one. I'm making it one of my meat free recipes for the week. Thanks for the reminder Jen!
Old 01-25-2013, 11:25 PM   #15  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

No worries Cyndi! Actually, this time I had an allergic reaction - I used 1/2 t instead of 1/8 of the spices. Wonder if it was too much turmeric? (that was fun to say!)- throat closed a bit and tongue is still swollen. Hmmm
Closed Thread