Old 01-24-2013, 06:38 PM   #1  
Living Intuitively

S/C/G: Heavy/Happy/Free

Height: 5'6"

Default How to Lose 10 Pounds Quickly

At the Metabolic Research Center, I get two free weeks of program if I attend 6 classes they offer a month. So I go to all the meetings they offer every Saturday. I attended a meeting last week called, "How to Lose 10 Pounds Quickly." Perhaps like you- I TOTALLY rolled my eyes when I saw that title. Ugh. I figured they were going to talk about supplements and some crazy diet. However- I was quite surprised.

Here is what was covered:
1. Use foods that love your body.
2. Start moving- it helps with longevity, brain function, and depression.
3. Start a daily practice- make them value aligned intentions, so visualizations, chanting, prayer, affirmations, or daily acts of gratitude.
4. Appreciate your body.
5. Learn the new math of beauty ideals. (The average woman is 5'4" and 140 pounds. A model is 5'11" and 117 pounds. Our beauty ideals are totally warped.)
6. Stop negative talk.
7. Start loving yourself.
8. Ask loving questions.
9. Maintain loving connections in your life (Woohoo! Check! One down...I found 3FC!)
10. Eliminate excuses.
11. Alter your beliefs if need be.
12. Turn to higher source thinking.
13. Offer forgiveness to others and yourself.

Thoughts? MRC thinks that weight loss is like a three-legged stool- mind, body and spirit. They want us to work on all three.
lunarsongbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 07:09 PM   #2  
I'm a khaleesi!!

S/C/G: 260/188/130

Height: 5'3"

Think about this: when you are in a positive place and you look in the mirror you love the way you look, when you are in a negative place, even if you just lost, say 20 lbs, you see fat and ugly. I think sometimes just changing your perspective from negative to positive can make you instantly feel and look 10 lbs thinner. I know this works for me. One minute I'm like "hey sexy lady" to myself in the mirror and then something negative happens like I step on the scale and there's no loss and then all the sudden I'm like "stop looking at me fatty fat fat!"
I'm all about positive affirmations. This is why I stopped weighing myself so much and only really do in a clinical sense, like I know I've lost and probably need to re-figure my TDEE.
ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 07:22 PM   #3  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

I agree, your mindset and your attitude plays a huge part in how you feel about yourself, and how you see yourself; and in turn, how well you do. All of the ideas listed above have been shared here over and over again by successful losers, and are worth noting.

They are wonderful tips on how to maintain a positive attitude throughout your whole life; and while on your back2goodhealth or WL journey, or whatever you want to call it ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 01-24-2013 at 07:25 PM.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 07:34 PM   #4  
Living Intuitively

ghost- would you mind sharing some of your positive affirmations? Or maybe examples of some?
Old 01-24-2013, 07:51 PM   #5  
Leveling Up

S/C/G: 200+/115/115

Height: 5'3"

I'm surprised too.

I started working as a weight loss counselor recently for a company that has different diet plans. I researched different companies before choosing this particular one because while they do have some diet plans with the same catch phrase as your thread title, they focus on much of what you listed above--I would have refused to work for them otherwise.

It's so important to treat the mind during weight loss! I'm able to relate to the clients that come in and many seem appreciative of that
sontaikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 07:53 PM   #6  
Living Intuitively

Quote:
Originally Posted by sontaikle View Post
I'm surprised too.

I started working as a weight loss counselor recently for a company that has different diet plans.
Oh reeallllyyy.... Are you allowed to share which one? (I still don't know the rules around here.)

I'm going to the Metabolic Research Center and I adore it. I found MRC because a co-worker was doing it and she was simply melting away- right in front of me! However- if I ever saw their ads- I never would have stepped foot in their facility. "Lose up to 30 pounds in 6 weeks!" *Individual Results May Vary.

But here I am- 2.5 weeks in and I've lost 13 pounds. I would never have believed it if someone told me that 2.5 weeks ago... It would have scared me, honestly. But I did have to get doctor approval for the program.

Last edited by lunarsongbird; 01-24-2013 at 07:58 PM.