Old 01-22-2013, 09:49 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 170/140/120

Height: 5'7"

Default Goal in the unhealthy range?

Does anyone have a goal weight that is considered underweight? My goal is slightly under a healthy bmi. People might say it isnt healthy but i dont think ill look sickly. Im pear shaped and my lower body doesnt look as skiny as i like until im in a very low weight range. Anyone else have this problem?
Savannahjade93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 09:54 PM   #2  
Starting over sucks.

S/C/G: 485/445/250

Height: 6'1

It all depends on bone structure body type etc. just take it slowly. You may be happier ten pounds heavier, you may be right on target. Just don't focus on the number, focus on how you feel.
Radiojane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 10:00 PM   #3  

Good idea, i guess the problem really lies within myself. I dont feel like i'll ever look good/be comfortable with my body so its only natural i would choose such a low weight.
Old 01-22-2013, 10:17 PM   #4  
Leveling Up

S/C/G: 200+/115/115

Height: 5'3"

You're already at a very healthy weight, and I think you might want to step back from the weight loss and look at why you're feeling this way.

Take some pictures: compare them to how you used to look. Sometimes we can't see the change in ourselves and we think that we need to lose more weight.

Also you might consider taking up heavy weight training! Chances are you're looking for a "toned" look and losing more weight won't get you there. Heavy weight training will usually get you there.

I'm a big weight lifter and it's really changed my life Weight training has shaped my body and made it possible for me to GAIN weight and fit into a smaller size (I just posted about how I now fit into 00s despite possibly gaining some lbs) and made me feel awesome. It's really hard to feel bad about yourself when you realize how STRONG you are.
sontaikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 01:21 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 286/247/150

Height: 5-4

Body dysmorphia is a very serious problem and one that I think most people ignore since we all want to look our best. We get so caught up in the idea of changing our entire lives by achieveing an "if-only"

if only my butt were smaller
if only my boobs were bigger
if only this
if only that

But where does it stop when your life doesn't change and you aren't any happier than you were before? You happen to be at a healthy weight... and you aren't happy with yourself... why? Chances are that there is nothing wrong with the way you look.... but you are too caught up in comparing yourself to other people. Forget about everyone else... take out that cute outfit and wear it! No one is going to be looking at your backside most of the time anyway.... they want to look at your smiling face.
drixnot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 04:55 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 191/149/135

Height: 5'8

We are similar weights and heights and I so get you. I'm pear shaped and it drives me nuts. Instead of trying to get to a very low weight, I'm aiming for around 135 and then plan on getting into weights to tone and firm-I think it will make a huge difference
Mer du Japon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 07:53 AM   #7  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Are you exercising at all? working on building muscle? or just dieting? If you are not building muscle, that could be a lot of your body dissatisfaction right there.
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 05:36 PM   #8  

Thanks for all the suggestions everybody i basically only do cardio at this point but ive been thinkin about incorporating weights into my workout. Ive just been so afraid of gaining weight. I understand that muscle weighs more than fat but i guess just seeing the number on the scale stay the same or not go down is so discouraging. I have some strange self esteem issues and things i think i need to work on first and foremost though. This is why i love this site though, you all have such good suggestions and ideas that i would never think of on my own!
Old 01-23-2013, 08:12 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 160/123/???

Height: 5'7

I just wanted to echo the weight lifting suggestions. I was really serious about weight lifting this time around, and now I fit into my clothes that I last wore when I was about 120lbs (I'm mid 130s now). Body composition makes a HUGE difference!
vabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 08:39 PM   #10  
dirty labour daughter

S/C/G: 318/301/155

Height: 5'10"

My goal weight is close to underweight, but still within the 'normal' range - if I feel like I need to lose a few more pounds at that point (or a few less) I'm fine with that, I'm not stressed about the possibility of being a little bit underweight. I always think it's pretty weird that almost everyone recognizes that being at the high end of 'normal' or slightly in the overweight range is probably fine or healthy, but people often get very judgemental about being underweight. My husband is 5'11" and weighs around 125-135 pounds and gets SO MUCH SNARK from family/strangers for being underweight (but in perfect health!) - his own sister said she thought he looked like a heroin addict!
merilung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 08:47 PM   #11  
Leveling Up

S/C/G: 200+/115/115

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savannahjade93 View Post
Thanks for all the suggestions everybody i basically only do cardio at this point but ive been thinkin about incorporating weights into my workout. Ive just been so afraid of gaining weight. I understand that muscle weighs more than fat but i guess just seeing the number on the scale stay the same or not go down is so discouraging. I have some strange self esteem issues and things i think i need to work on first and foremost though. This is why i love this site though, you all have such good suggestions and ideas that i would never think of on my own!

Working out any issues you have is wise. Losing weight won't solve all of your problems after all.

If you do decide to weight train, stop weighing for a while. When I removed the scale for a while I saw some great progress in my lifts and body composition. Now I pay attention to how much fat I have rather than how much I weigh

Quote:
Originally Posted by vabs View Post
I just wanted to echo the weight lifting suggestions. I was really serious about weight lifting this time around, and now I fit into my clothes that I last wore when I was about 120lbs (I'm mid 130s now). Body composition makes a HUGE difference!
Word! When I gained from 107 to 112 my clothes were loser. Now I either have gained around 2lbs or stayed the same (not sure) but fit into a smaller size.
sontaikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 08:54 PM   #12  
Restart 11/2012 at 153lbs

S/C/G: Hw194/Sw160/Cw120/gw125

Height: 5'2" on the dot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by merilung View Post
My goal weight is close to underweight, but still within the 'normal' range - if I feel like I need to lose a few more pounds at that point (or a few less) I'm fine with that, I'm not stressed about the possibility of being a little bit underweight. I always think it's pretty weird that almost everyone recognizes that being at the high end of 'normal' or slightly in the overweight range is probably fine or healthy, but people often get very judgemental about being underweight. My husband is 5'11" and weighs around 125-135 pounds and gets SO MUCH SNARK from family/strangers for being underweight (but in perfect health!) - his own sister said she thought he looked like a heroin addict!

When I was 20 I worked for UPS, my sw was around 120. I only worked the seasonal schedule from November to around Xmas eve, then I ended up with a stomach flu. My weigh ended around 97 pounds. I really couldn't help it, my friends and I drank a lot and ate out a lot back then. My sister asked if I was dying, one of my aunts asked if I had a drug problems, some aunts thought I was sick. I was so tired of hearing all of it, so I wore multiple layer and started eating a lot! I can see y your goal weight may be so low, cause of the hubby being so thin, maybe

Last edited by chubbiegurl; 01-23-2013 at 08:55 PM.
chubbiegurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 08:59 PM   #13  
dirty labour daughter

S/C/G: 318/301/155

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by chubbiegurl View Post
I can see y your goal weight may be so low, cause of the hubby being so thin, maybe
Nah, I'll never wear a size 00 like my husband does, so it would be silly to compete! I have a very small frame and women in my family tend to run on the tall/lanky side - I was still on the chubby side when I weighed 145.
merilung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 04:30 PM   #14  
under construction

Height: 5'6

my goal is in an unhealthy range as well but not underweight .... my goal is still overweight

i cant help it im vain

i hate the idea of loose skin ,

or a harder face ,

i love being soft and curvy and shapley i definitley like the male attention i get

my goal is 150-160

the only reason i think i really kick started this weightloss was to have more clothing options and fit in with the average size 6 woman

but idk if i hate being a size 16 to be honest

ultimatley your goal boils down to what YOU desire because your the one working for it !
modifyeddoll87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 10:49 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 230/ticker/160

We're the same height, so this one interests me. :P My goal weight has been 135 for a while now, but based on my lean body mass (which is about 130) that'll be physically impossible for me. My trainer says I should shoot for 160, 165. To me, that still seems incredibly high and I don't see how I only have 30lbs of fat left to loose before I'm at the weight that's perfect for me. It's nuts how body types can vary so much.
MusicalAstronaut is offline   Reply With Quote