South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-19-2013, 03:42 AM   #1  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Default Weekend Beach Chat 1/19 & 1/20

Good "morning" chicks!

Most of you will be getting up in 2 hours and I haven't yet gone to bed...stress is keeping me awake. All these resumes out there and I've not gotten one stinkin' phone call for an interview yet and it's been three very long weeks. Can't seem to shut my head off.

I will be heading to Wegman's to grocery shop with DW at some point today - I planned out a menu for the week as well. I am excited to get outside. Being slightly depressed, I haven't left the apartment in a few days

The good side of that is that my menu ROCKS! Once I try a few new things, I will let you know with new recipes (and Cyndi - I am going to try that fish stew!)

I have to figure out what to do on Monday - I am working the inauguration which means getting into DC by 5a. That means I have to wake up at 3a. Is there such a thing as a coffee IV?

What's going on by you this weekend? And remember, STAY WARM
Old 01-19-2013, 04:12 AM   #2  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Hi Jenne! Thanks for getting us started. I am sorry you are feeling a bit stressed and depressed. Keep putting one foot in front of the other. Coffee IV sounds practical....I'll continue to keep my fingers crossed for you.

Me, traveled yesterday and unpacked but nothing else. I work at 530 so am on a mission to get some stuff done. I think I went to bed at 5 last night....got up for an hour 7-8...then right back to sleep so I've had plenty of rest.
Ok....off to find coffee!

Have a great day everyone!
Old 01-19-2013, 07:17 AM   #3  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

Jenne - Sorry about the job search. Monday should be exciting.

Debbie - Yeah for sleep.

The floor guys are coming this morning. DH and I will need to get out of their way so will head around the corner to BIL's house. I work at 10:30 for a few hours. I'll head back to BIL's after; we should be able to get into the house mid-afternoon, after the first coat of poly dries. I miss my (almost daily) roasted green beans so might just have to make them over there today; I don't think our oven will be hooked up again until Wednesday.

Have a great weekend, all.
Old 01-19-2013, 08:04 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Thanks Jenne for starting us off. Good luck with the job search, and have fun on Monday. BTW - I did see some nurse gave someone coffee IV, and they died, so I wouldn't do it . (um, wth? how do you "accidently" give it IV?!?!)

Debbie - That's a pretty normal soundng schedule for you!!

Karen - I hope you post pictures! I would love to get our floors redone, but that's way down the line.

I took DD (she just turned 8) to a concert last night, it. was. AWESOME!! I think I enjoyed watching her face delight in all the lights etc more than anything else, it was like watching a kid at Christmas time. And since i was WinterJam (christian contemporary) I didn't have to worry about her watching mostly naked people dancing .

Today I am off to work, then having friends over for supper. Considering I kept DD out past midnight, I'm hoping to slip a nap in there too . Tomorrow I'm working a cat spay clinic, which other than getting up and getting there earlier, I really enjoy.

Have a great weekend, y'all!
Old 01-19-2013, 08:50 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning....Jenne the inauguration should be exciting. We actually have a group of police officers working with DC Metro Police. Maybe next election I will get to do it. My BFF has been laid off 3 times since 2007. She took a temp position which led to full time, but after 2 years she was let go as they outsourced her department to India. She was working for Pearson Education, who manufacture a lot of our schools text books. Now she is working in the accounting department for a local company that has been here for decades. Something good will come your way too

Debbie I don't remember the last time I slept that long. WOW! you must feel awesome. Hope you get a lot accomplished today

Karen I bet the floors will look amazing.i am going to make the green beans tonight, so come on over

Tammy, I know that feeling of watching the amazement on your kids' face. So happy for you and DD. Enjoy your company today.

As for me, crock pot cooking day and a long ride in the living room. This is my cooking day for the upcoming work week. Cleaning is done thankfully.

Have a great day!
Old 01-19-2013, 09:48 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Good morning chicks. I was up early, fed the cats, then went back to bed because MY HEAD STILL HURTS. Thought I'd try to sleep it away. Maybe it's a sinus infection. I have been guzzling lemon water until I'm sloshing. Getting ready to take DD to the barn to work with the young horse they are training, and I'll get my groceries and run some other errands while she's there. This afternoon I'm planning paperwork and getting my office organized. Tomorrow hopefully my head will be better and I'll do the cleaning and laundry, maybe pop in to see my grandmother. Exciting plans!

Jen, I feel for you. DD is going through the same thing, she's had one interview, and it was for a part time job. I hope you will both find something soon.
Oh Karen, roasted green beans - I love those and haven't made them in a long time. great idea!
Old 01-19-2013, 04:09 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 256/227/160

Height: 5'-6"

'Afternoon, everyone. Slow day today; mostly I'm trying to get the car ready so DD and a friend can take it to meet the rest of their group in ME three hours from here tomorrow. She is 17 and I am very stressed out over this! But it's the synagogue youth group ski trip and I don't want her to miss it - the group is leaving before she and this one friend can because they have jobs in restaurants. So this was the plan that was hatched.

Jenne, I've been there and it sucks looking for work. Also, I'm just like you - tend not to leave the house when feeling depressed or just overwhelmed. I have started to force myself because getting out there often helps. I hope you have a great experience working the inauguration tomorrow.
Old 01-19-2013, 05:19 PM   #8  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Hello I've actually switched to tea now, but still hot beverages We just got back from a winter woods hike, straight up. Lesson - no matter how good the boots when it's really steep bring poles. We had a great time and it was fun to get out and do it. There are so many places to hike around here but we usually plan trips further afield. Time to start taking advantage of what we have here.

So glad I have soup leftover because I'm a bit tired now.
Old 01-19-2013, 05:28 PM   #9  

Lol Cyndi, I learned that lesson last week. Fortunately a large sturdy stick became my BFF. I wouldn't cross the stream where Joe wanted me too. It was over my boots so I said no way to chancing wet feet. I was so proud of myself when I picked my spot to cross. Big stick saved me from misjudging ice for what I thought was land. Glad you had fun.

On a side note, I made the twice baked cauliflower, but substituted Greek yogurt and 2 wedges of laughing cow for sour cream. So good!
Old 01-20-2013, 04:50 AM   #10  

Quick good morning before the train comes Have a great Sunday. Down 3 from last week only 3 to go whoo hoo!
Old 01-20-2013, 05:45 AM   #11  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

I had a nice rest and I'm up and at 'em. Work at 630 today and I know from lots of experience I don't feel like doing anything after.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 01-20-2013, 07:14 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

There's a couple of early risers in here!

Unfortunately, DS woke up with a 102 fever and congestion. We'll see where this goes. I have a spay clinic to do, so I guess DH will stay home with him. The kids will be thrilled to watch tv all day.

Yesterday was just a really draining day, I'm hoping today is better!
Old 01-20-2013, 08:04 AM   #13  

S/C/G: maintaining

I work this afternoon. Not much else going on today.

The floors look good - different. They are a brown; the old color was honey oak or something like that. I'll try to post a photo when they are all done. No work on them today. The plastic is all down so we can get into all the kitchen cabinets again.
Old 01-20-2013, 08:10 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Tammy, I hope your DS starts feeling better soon! My DS was pretty sick with a cold virus last week, and then Tyler caught it, and we were concerned the rest of us would get it, but it seems to be out of here now, thank goodness. I've been diligent about going around the house, wiping down everything with Lysol.

Sorry I haven't been around much. Mom had a rough night Friday and I ended up spending the night there so Dad could get some badly needed sleep, and then I tried to catch a nap yesterday when I got home, and that didn't happen since we had a houseful all day. Thing seem to have settled down now, though, thank goodness, and Mom is much better.

I don't have anything planned for today except for picking up some groceries for Dad. I'm hoping for a quiet day of napping and reading.
Old 01-20-2013, 09:04 AM   #15  
Xan
serial rejoiner

S/C/G: 296/264/160

Height: 5' 8"

Just a quick hail and farewell. I've been having IBS issues for more than a month now. I haven't been following SB or any diet -- not a good time. I may see you all again. I may just decide to go back to/stay with WW, at least during the school year when my schedule is so hectic I can't focus on cooking. Didn't want to say that on the main board! Best of luck to all of you. Xan
Closed Thread