Closed Thread

Old 05-05-2003, 08:46 PM   #1  
Dying to be thin

Arrow I'm back too...let's do this together!!!

Okay, I know I haven't been here long but I am back. I have been lurking, reading about all of your progress. I am so proud!!
Okay, now to me. I went to the doctor today and he put me on antidepressants and suggested the Atkins diet so as soon as I go and get some groceries, I am on it!!! My husband is going on it with me too. I need as much support as possible. Anyone on Atkins, please give me meal advice or snack advice!!!!

Thanks in advance!

By the way, I weighed in at 290 at the doctor's

Last edited by hannahntigger; 05-05-2003 at 08:58 PM.
Old 05-05-2003, 10:29 PM   #2  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

Angie - Welcome back! The antidepressants might help you with your weight loss. I've heard of people losing weight when the doc puts them on Prozac.
Old 05-06-2003, 09:49 AM   #3  
Still Hanging Around:)

Welcome Back, Angie
My husband & I are starting Atkins, too. I went and did a bunch of grocery shopping yesterday. Need to go back for a few more things today, as I ran out of time in the store! LOL! I *just* beat my kids' bus! Awful Mom....

Hopefully you & I can exchange ideas, etc., along the way!!!
Old 05-06-2003, 10:26 AM   #4  

Hi ladies! I have heard of people having great success on Atkins and I tried it earlier this year. Everyone is different though and what works for some doesn't always work for everyone. It wasn't for me but I did want to say good luck and I do hope you are some of the ones who experience great success on the Atkins plan. I was going to a website that is dedicated to the Atkins, caveman type plan. If you are interested I will try to find the address for you. It is LOADED with recipes such as stuffed, grilled jallapenos that are stuffed with cheese and wrapped in bacon. Anyway, good luck to ya'll! I'll look forward to reading about your progress.
Old 05-06-2003, 10:42 AM   #5  
Jo
Catatonic

Good luck with your plan! I don't think I could go that low carb; I could barely stay on the Zone (which I was on for three whole months ). My brother started a modified Atkins plan recently and I looked up some info for him. One of the sites I found was http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/ . It has recipes and sample menus, which he found really helpful.

TTYL
Closed Thread