Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-17-2013, 02:39 PM   #1  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Default smacking my forehead! It wasn't DIET!!!!

My one vice is diet soda. I simply cannot give it up, but I am trying to go caffeine free, so I bought caffeine free diet pepsi. or so I thought.

Today, While I was drinking the FOURTH can in two days, I realize it's not diet!!!! It's regular. I poured out the remaining 3/4s of that can, but man... that's an extra 450 plus calories I consumed between yesterday and today - it ate up about half my caloric deficit - or what I though was my caloric deficit.

Darn it!!!!! I never, ever, ever drink my calories. If wanted to splurge, it would have been on cookies or chocolate, not SODA! I didn't really notice it until I was drinking it alone and not with a meal. All of a sudden I was like, "Wait... this feels really sweet and then I see the can and GASP!!!!!

Next time I buy at the store, I need to be more careful caffeine free and DIET!!!!
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 02:42 PM   #2  

Awwwww, I have been there, done that!!! The 7Up bottles look so similar, now I check and doublecheck and check again lol.

I don't have any advice that you wouldn't know already (chalk it up and write it off, do a bit more exercise, scream your head off and forget it lol).

Just wanted you to know I share your frustration and yes, my extra calories are for cookies or chocolate too!
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 02:43 PM   #3  
Melissa

Yep, I think I'm going to do some extra cardio today just to feel better about it. Darn it!!!!!
Old 01-17-2013, 02:56 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

Aw, sorry about the mix up!
penmage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 03:01 PM   #5  
Melissa

Quote:
Originally Posted by elvislover324 View Post
Awwwww, I have been there, done that!!! The 7Up bottles look so similar, now I check and doublecheck and check again lol.

I don't have any advice that you wouldn't know already (chalk it up and write it off, do a bit more exercise, scream your head off and forget it lol).

Just wanted you to know I share your frustration and yes, my extra calories are for cookies or chocolate too!
Since I don't usually buy caffeine free, I didn't really take note of it carefully - I know gold means caffeine free, but I also usually buy coke and diet caffeine free coke is gold. Regular caffeine free coke is red with gold lettering.

I see how it happened, but to not notice it until the fourth can???? ARGH!
Old 01-17-2013, 03:04 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 200/ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Can we call it a (berry)blonde(boys) moment?

Bummer! Sorry to hear it! I'm the same...chocolate takes up any extra calories I may have. Extra cardio will help.
Moondance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 03:05 PM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by berryblondeboys View Post

I see how it happened, but to not notice it until the fourth can???? ARGH!
Lol, that you are on your own with! I have no idea about that!! At least it wasn't after the 12th!!

Cardio would definitely make me feel a little better, I just hate when I do things like that!!
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 03:10 PM   #8  
Dukanista

S/C/G: high263/current257/ticker/198

Height: 5'7"

Ok, I have to say that I read the title to this very, very wrong. As in thinking "it wasn't my diet that made me put back on a few pounds, it was something else." I thought this was going to be a pregnancy announcement!

sorry about the wasted calories, it's frustrating when you think you are doing something right. But luckily you figured it out before you drank the whole pack!
April Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 03:33 PM   #9  
Melissa

Quote:
Originally Posted by elvislover324 View Post
Lol, that you are on your own with! I have no idea about that!! At least it wasn't after the 12th!!
The two cans I drank yesterday was with lunch - sip, eat, sip eat. I was eating apple with peanut butter and cinnamon, so it already feels/is sweet, what's a little more sweetness?

Today, I drank one with lunch and again didn't notice. It was that I opened the second can for today and I took a sip and was like "wow - sweet" and looked at the can.

And yes, cardio will make me feel better. yesterday was a lighter day and today wasn't terribly hard iether. I could use it anyway and this "boo-boo" just wants to make me do SOMETHING to at least sort of make it better.

Doesn't help that right now sugars are worse for my body because I had a cortisone shot a month ago. UGH! Oh seems that's OK now - just made Christmas loads of fun (and led to my huge weight gain!)

Last edited by berryblondeboys; 01-17-2013 at 03:38 PM.
Old 01-17-2013, 04:34 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 213/188/159

I can just picture you "seeing" that non-diet can, then throwing it in rage into your TV screen as it shatters.
tricon7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 04:49 PM   #11  
Melissa

Quote:
Originally Posted by April Snow View Post
Ok, I have to say that I read the title to this very, very wrong. As in thinking "it wasn't my diet that made me put back on a few pounds, it was something else." I thought this was going to be a pregnancy announcement!

sorry about the wasted calories, it's frustrating when you think you are doing something right. But luckily you figured it out before you drank the whole pack!

Too funny! I didn't even think how it could be read in so many different ways, but you're right.

And bite your tongue about pregnancy! While I know the pain of infertility, at 43 (and my husband 46) and two kids - 16 and 7 - the oldest with bad adhd and the youngest with Asperger's, a pregnancy is NOT wanted! Besides all the "Oh my god we're starting over AGAIN" I was be scared to death something would be wrong, really wrong with the baby.

All you young-uns can have the babies. I'm DONE!
Old 01-17-2013, 04:50 PM   #12  
Melissa

Quote:
Originally Posted by tricon7 View Post
I can just picture you "seeing" that non-diet can, then throwing it in rage into your TV screen as it shatters.
Well, I don't get in a rage, but I'm sure my jaw dropped for real and then I promptly went to the bathroom and dumped at the full can of soda.
Old 01-17-2013, 06:11 PM   #13  
Back with a story

S/C/G: 281 / 254 / 160

Height: 5'3" - I got taller!

Oh no! What a mixup! I'd be freaking out, too, especially since I tend to have a whole ten or so grams of sugar (that's naturally occurring in my foods) any added sugar would be incredibly noticeable. I'm glad you figured it out sooner than later, though!
Arctic Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 08:11 PM   #14  
Vex
There is no try.

S/C/G: 281/T/140

Height: 5'6"

Default re:

Ugh that is freaking awful. Sorry to hear that.

If it makes you feel better, you're not alone. I completely gave up caffeine last week and am drinking those types of sodas too. I have a diet caffeine free mt. dew with me at the moment. You know, I actually feel a bit better without it.
Vex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 10:46 PM   #15  
Jillian stole my abs!

S/C/G: 195.8/138/140

Height: 5'5"

Easy enough to do. When Sierra Mist came out, it was supposed to be better than 7-UP, less cals, etc. according to ads.

Grabbed one for a change of pace while waiting to check out at Wal-mart, read the label! OMG! Not better than regular 7-Up. Put it back, got diet PEPSI!

I have turned into a nutrition label reading fool! I'm a Weight Watcher person, and I read labels, and whip out my app on my phone for WW points and calc stuff. Sometimes other brands are better than WW, depending on points and I also check the sodium.

I'm pretty sure I annoy a lot of shoppers when I'm hogging a spot in an aisle with my phone out and 3 or 4 similar products in my cart calculating all the stuff!
shcirerf is offline   Reply With Quote