Old 01-16-2013, 05:50 PM   #1  
Starting over: 7/29/2015

S/C/G: 257/251/150

Height: 5'3"

Angry Frustrated!

I had my weigh in today, and only lost .8 Obviously, I would have preferred more, but it's going in the right direction. Plus, TOM is right around the corner, so I'm not too surprised. But the lady at my center wasn't impressed, apparently. She started scolding me about not recording EVERY little bit of olive oil, Splenda or WF products I might use.
I just can't see doing that. For one thing, it's going to be next to impossible. If I use a tsp of olive oil to roast a pan of cauliflower, but we split it 3 ways for dinner, what do I put down? If I make some salad dresing with 1/4 c of olive oil and 1 TBSP WF mayo, and it lasts me for a week or 10 days, what do I put down? I don't measure how much of that mixture I put on my salad. If I have a cup of tea, I usually put about 1/3 of a splenda packet in for a little sweetness.
I'm just tired of having something that I'm doing wrong pointed out to me EVERY time I go for a weigh in! For me, having to analyze things to that degree would take IP from something that I can do to something too stressful to maintain. It's stressful enough, as it is!
Sorry for my rant, but I'm so irritated with this lady. Am I being completely unreasonable about this? Do you guys record every little bit of olive oil, splenda or WF products?
Oh, one other thing I heard about this center that I go to...if you cheat two times, you are out! Rude, huh?
tam67green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 05:56 PM   #2  
Restart IP 9/26/13

S/C/G: 208/185/140

Height: 5'6

I am terribly sorry for what you are going through! Any way you can find another place or another coach? I think this program should be positive and about motivating people. Not scolding them! I mean you have had amazing results so far! What the heck. Reading this makes me peeved. LOL
I can't give you advice for the writing those things down. I am only on day 3. I try to write as much as possible in but I see what you mean with the tsp of evoo split 3 ways, and the other stuff....not quite easy to do. I already have a hard time of keeping track of the salt. 1/2t just seems like so much to me!
I hope it gets better for you with this lady
Katkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 06:33 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 164.8/150.5/128 1) -4.8,2)-3.2

Height: 5' 4"

Is there another coach you could see at that center? If not, can you switch to another center or just go on your own? That kind of attitude is not helpful. Dieting is stressful enough without scolded. That is just mean. Plus, even on the Biggest Loser, where they work all all day and are so closely monitored for diet, etc., they even have weeks where they don't lose or gain. It happens.

That said, there may be some truth to what she says about keeping track, especially of the fats. Where we are only allowed 2 tsp a day, that is a very small amount and it would be easy to have double. One way to do it is to calculate how many tsp are in the batch of dressing you make and just take out the right portion each time.

I'm sorry you have such a lousy coach, hope you can trade her in for a new one!
PamC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 06:43 PM   #4  
IP Start date 12/18/12

S/C/G: 228.4/171/165

Height: 5 ft 10 inches

I absolutely do not record every last little bit of everything. Do you suppose she thought she was motivating you? I'm so sorry about your experience!
BeccaGrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 06:45 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 211/159/140

Height: 5'4"

I think if IP wants to expand their business, they urgently need to adopt some quality control in term of who they do business with and how they want to coach people. After all, these "coaches" blacken the name of the company when they treat their customers like this. A little bit of olive oil will NOT influence your weight loss at these caloric levels. After all the selling feature of IP is that this puts you into a fat burning mode and a little bit more fat will not induce fat storage. Do not put up with this and either demand another coach, change the clinic or do it on yourself.
Lolo70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 10:33 PM   #6  
Kara - Restart 8/23/2013

S/C/G: 277.4/214/160

Height: 5' 3"

That just stinks!

Last week I lost only 6 oz and my lady asked if I knew why, I told her I felt bloated and a bit constipated. She gave me suggestions on helping and it worked. I was so afraid after being on here that they would wonder if I cheated (I didn't)

I don't record anything, they give us the option as they know it works well with others but not everyone. UNLESS I was gaining then they might make me.

Went to an Open House tonight at my clinic for support of some friends and the doctor said, we only figure you have cheated if you gain weight or go WEEKS without losing anything (inches or oz)
Calisto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:16 PM   #7  
Started IP 1/10/13

S/C/G: 220/see ticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Sorry you're dealing with this--and congrats on your great results!

I'm new to this, but I am not recording every little thing. I am not cheating--definitely avoiding carbs--but do I know if I get EXACTLY 2 tsp of oil per day or EXACTLY 2 cups of veggies? No. I guess if I stopped losing weight, I would give it a shot to see where I was slipping up, but that's clearly not the case for you.

I journaled every single BLT (bite, lick, taste) when on WW for over a year. Even though I kept it up that long, it's not sustainable forever.
Ojenchilada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 12:35 AM   #8  
Started IP 12-26-2012

Height: 5'7"

There are any number of reasons you didn't loose "enough" in one week that has nothing to do with cheating. A coach should be supportive and encouraging. And threatening to throw a person out after 2 cheats? That's just wrong! To me, a lot of this diet is simply logical. You know if you're getting too much olive oil. And as for recording the WF stuff you use? Explain why you'd have to do that. It's ZERO calories!

If it's at all possible, I would seriously try to locate a new coach. You don't "encourage" a person to lose weight by treating them like children. I would walk if my coach was rude to me. I guess I lucked out and got a good one.

Hugs to you. Keep at it and don't let one rude person stop your progress!
leannekarella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 09:08 AM   #9  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

I think your coach is trying to find out if you are unknowingly doing something off plan or having too many 0/0/0 extras. Scolding you is not the best way of doing that though.

You should probably just let her know that you do not respond well to her scolding you. Next time, you would appreciate it if she would talk to you like an adult and let you know why she wants that info.

FYI- There are 12 tsp in 1/4 cup. So if you if that 1/4 lasts 10 days, you are getting 1.2 tsp a day.
ragdoll74 is offline   Reply With Quote