General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 01-13-2013, 07:07 PM   #1  

Height: 5'6"

Default Woo Hoo! A Job Interview!!

I am so super excited, I am practically floating across the floor! I had applied for a job a few months ago (actually I applied for MANY jobs a few months ago) but somebody called me today to set up an interview!! I am really hoping I get it. Just a foot in the door is all I need. I can wow them with my work ethic and charming personality lol if I can just get that foot in the door.

I need this job! My husband was injured in Iraq several years ago & we are still doing the run around with the VA over his disability. Truth is, he is probably never going to work again, which is why I'm going to college.. I need to be able to take care of us.

We lost our health insurance in October & this is an AWESOME government job!! Okay, it's a government job, idk how awesome it is, but I DO know how much I would appreciate it cause we are just squeaking by.

So.. cross your fingers, say a prayer.. ANYTHING would be appreciated.
IAmTheGlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 07:09 PM   #2  

Good luck!!! Fingers, toes, everything crossed for you!!!

And thank you to your husband for his service to our country.
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 07:56 PM   #3  
Knocking down walls.

S/C/G: 278/ticker/125

Height: 5'4"

Good luck!
theox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 07:59 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

Good Luck and like the other poster, "thank" your husband for serving this great country of ours, so sorry he was injured.
Bellamack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 08:19 PM   #5  
Formerly LittleMoonRabbit

S/C/G: 167/maintenance/120

Height: 5'2"

Good luck!!!!!
PlayingForKeeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 08:20 PM   #6  

Thank you all for your well wishes & kind comments. I love him dearly & hate that he has been through so much. This job would mean so much to me & my family!
Old 01-13-2013, 08:25 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

I don't know "what" his injuries are but I had an accident when I was only 28 yrs old and I broke my back and neck. I was lucky the spinal cord was not damaged, it was a long recovery and a lonely one,, as hubby was still skiing and golfing etc.. we had a 2 yr old at the time. Through alot of sole searching and good friends and family, I made a great recovery (of course never the same) but I was able to return to work for 20 more yrs. I can walk and do yoga. I could never get pregnant again, but I had one perfect child and plenty of nieces and nephews. Make sure he stayes positive and is around positive people, it makes a huge difference, and for me being able to work was wonderful, I felt 'alive" again. God Bless you all and sending good vibes for the interview.
Bellamack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 09:11 PM   #8  

Bellamack, his injuries aren't just physical. My husband had two TBIs (traumatic brain injuries) and the cognitive difference in him is why I feel he will never work again. After he had the initial TBI was the scariest time of my life. He called me over & over again and repeated himself dozens of times with no memory of his statements 20 seconds before. After the second one, I figured I need to get to a place that I can take care of us.

To this day, he has a hard time reading/thinking/focusing. He has a back injury & knee injury that leaves him in constant pain & the VA says there is nothing they can do to treat him. But really, it is the issues remaining from his TBIs & his PTSD, anxiety & depression that I feel will keep him from working. He takes his meds. He tries. He is going to college full time with me so he can be trained for a job that he can do and we have his triggers figured out so that helps, but... he is not the man I married. I love him dearly. He is my best friend. I would do anything for him but I cannot fix what ails him.

I will keep in mind what you said about being positive and try to keep him in a positive frame of mind. I do always focus on when he does graduate & when he does get that job, but he is just as excited as me about the interview I have coming up. This is actually the job he told me to hold out for when I was putting in all these applications & they are the only one that called. lol I really hope I get it, though. It would be so awesome!
Old 01-14-2013, 12:20 AM   #9  

Crossing my fingers for you and sending prayers your way!! Im job searching right now too so I totally understand the frustration of filling out many job applications and not hearing back for an interview (yet). And thank you to your husband for serving our country. My husband is a vet too, just recently separated from active duty service. I've heard many stories about run arounds with the VA so I'm sending prayers for your way for that to get all straightened out too.
LiLLy19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 10:44 PM   #10  

Thank you Lilly19. Thank your husband for his service as well. We have mostly had a problem of lost paperwork. We sent in his full medical history & even got a return receipt (someone signed for it) and as of 6 months later they still claim they did not receive them. We are getting ready to send in another set of papers. *sigh* Prayers are much appreciated!
Old 01-15-2013, 09:13 AM   #11  

Height: 5'8.5"

So sorry about your husband's injuries... I too thank him for his service.

I am praying for you and that this job will be "the one"
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 09:27 AM   #12  

Height: 5'3"

Good luck. I hope you get the job.
canadianwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 09:23 PM   #13  

Thank you Misti & Jaime! I had my interview today & I think it went very well. I will find out on Friday if I got the job. *fingers crossed*