Old 01-13-2013, 05:24 PM   #1  
IP Start date 12/18/12

S/C/G: 228.4/171/165

Height: 5 ft 10 inches

Default What I miss...

When I first started, I thought it would be sugary foods and wine on Saturday nights. But, its turned out to be cheese. I actually dream about cheese. LOL How about all of you?

Its not really a craving, just a kind of 'oh look at that, I really like that.' And then I drink more water.
BeccaGrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 05:28 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

LOL! You will find that those come and go, near the end I was actually craving beets....I was actually amazed at how much and my IP buddy did a cyber eye roll at me and said "you can do better then that!" But it didn't take me long to have pickled beets and baked beets when I hit maintenance.
Ishbel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 06:01 PM   #3  
Beth

S/C/G: 244/204/170

Height: 5'7"/25yo

My coach said to take two potassium/calcium when I was craving cheese. Plus, in the popcorn aisle, there are 0-everything cheese seasonings that have been life saving! Cheese is what I've been craving the most... but the seasonings definitely curb the craving
whytokay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 06:08 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Height: 5'5"

I'm very happy with the Popcorn Seasonings brand of white cheddar seasoning (found w/ spices). Have to be careful with the portion but the flavor is a life saver! The flavor is strong, so a little goes a long way.

Last edited by Chloe222; 01-13-2013 at 06:09 PM.
Chloe222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 06:13 PM   #5  

love the popcorn flavored cheese. it has helped me a lot
maezy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 06:36 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 286/247/150

Height: 5-4

nachos
drixnot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 06:42 PM   #7  

Something to focus on: What you are GAINING, rather than what you are missing. The whole plan is a mind-shift so we won't re-gain when we are no longer on the plan.

I use the flavors of the IP foods to help me with needs for sweet, savory, frozen, crunchy and I'm learning new tastes for things and new likes.

For me, focusing on what I "miss" would be a recipe for disaster. I need to re-frame and keep everything as positive as possible.

One of my friends mentioned once that it is impossible to be "perfect" 100% of the time. I told her that IP has figured out almost everything and gives us foods to meet most tastes. For cheese: White cheddar crisps and southwest cheese curls. Also, I'm with others, I add some of that popcorn cheese flavoring to my mashed cauliflower. It is amazing how, after some time on IP, you REALLY taste ingredients that couldn't be tasted that much previously.

For example: I went to a restaurant the other nite and asked for veggies with no butter. The waitress assured me they only use a touch of olive oil. Well....the veggies came out REALLY greasy and I could TASTE the butter. It tastes NOTHING like olive oil! I gave the veggies to my husband & had something different when I got home (waitress wasn't attentive enough to get her attention to change them). We probably won't be back to that restaurant because of this. Six months ago, I would not have noticed what the veggies were coated with.

Tastes change INCREDIBLY while on IP. At first I thought I'd never live without vodka. I will. If I can make it thru football tailgates, parties and the holidays (with in-laws ) without vodka (or tequila!), I can make it to goal!

Six months ago, the thought of eating plain veggies was not very appealing. Now it is what I expect when I'm out. Veggies taste pretty good when we're not covering them with other flavors!

Do I get occasional 'pangs' of "wow that smells good"? Sure. But the feelings I get of success on IP far outweigh the need for ANY of it!
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 06:55 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 325/312/190

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Tastes change INCREDIBLY while on IP. At first I thought I'd never live without vodka. I will. If I can make it thru football tailgates, parties and the holidays (with in-laws ) without vodka (or tequila!), I can make it to goal!
Haha! That made me laugh (the part about in-laws and tequila!). I love margaritas and tequila in general. Not that I've had it much since my younger days, but I'd take a margarita over beer, wine, coolers, anything else!

I really like your attitude, what are we gaining? I almost didn't open this thread because I didn't know if I could handle thinking about all the foods that I miss, but I'm really glad I did. I got a good laugh, and a different way to look at things.
1LittleStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 07:03 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

I miss Greek Yogurt like crazy
Bellamack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 07:13 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 197/132/140

Height: 5'6.5"

Peanut butter and fruit. The clementines, raspberries, grapefruit, apples, and peanut butter will all be there when my time comes.
psjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 07:21 PM   #11  
IP Reboot: 01/06/17

S/C/G: 190.3/ticker/150

Height: 5'8"

I miss bananas. And peanut butter. Together!
starsandrockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 07:34 PM   #12  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

I'm sort of with Lisa -- not trying to think of what I miss as it makes me drool. However, I really DO miss 2 decades of my life when I haven't been in shape enough to enjoy life the way I should have. I'll have ice cream and raspberries and chocolate again. And I hope I'll be brave enough to go down hill skiing and white water rafting without worrying that I might get hurt, or fall out of the raft and not be able to pull myself up again... I don't think I'll ever take up jogging -- that just has zero appeal to me -- but I wouldn't mind riding my bike with my kids and being able to keep up.

Last edited by IP43; 01-13-2013 at 07:36 PM.
IP43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 07:54 PM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by IP43 View Post
I really DO miss 2 decades of my life when I haven't been in shape enough to enjoy life the way I should have. I'll have ice cream and raspberries and chocolate again. And I hope I'll be brave enough to go down hill skiing and white water rafting without worrying that I might get hurt, or fall out of the raft and not be able to pull myself up again... I don't think I'll ever take up jogging -- that just has zero appeal to me -- but I wouldn't mind riding my bike with my kids and being able to keep up.
OMG. Chills/tears/lots of feelings on that.
Two decades.
I'll be 50 in about 2 months. I was already obese when I was 30.
It may have been a QUARTER OF A CENTURY since I've been in the normal weight range.

THAT. is what I miss.
Thanks IP43 for that perspective.
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 08:07 PM   #14  
Started IP 1/14/2012

S/C/G: 286/165/169

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Something to focus on: What you are GAINING, rather than what you are missing. The whole plan is a mind-shift so we won't re-gain when we are no longer on the plan.

I use the flavors of the IP foods to help me with needs for sweet, savory, frozen, crunchy and I'm learning new tastes for things and new likes.

For me, focusing on what I "miss" would be a recipe for disaster. I need to re-frame and keep everything as positive as possible.

One of my friends mentioned once that it is impossible to be "perfect" 100% of the time. I told her that IP has figured out almost everything and gives us foods to meet most tastes. For cheese: White cheddar crisps and southwest cheese curls. Also, I'm with others, I add some of that popcorn cheese flavoring to my mashed cauliflower. It is amazing how, after some time on IP, you REALLY taste ingredients that couldn't be tasted that much previously.

For example: I went to a restaurant the other nite and asked for veggies with no butter. The waitress assured me they only use a touch of olive oil. Well....the veggies came out REALLY greasy and I could TASTE the butter. It tastes NOTHING like olive oil! I gave the veggies to my husband & had something different when I got home (waitress wasn't attentive enough to get her attention to change them). We probably won't be back to that restaurant because of this. Six months ago, I would not have noticed what the veggies were coated with.

Six months ago, the thought of eating plain veggies was not very appealing. Now it is what I expect when I'm out. Veggies taste pretty good when we're not covering them with other flavors!

Do I get occasional 'pangs' of "wow that smells good"? Sure. But the feelings I get of success on IP far outweigh the need for ANY of it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by IP43 View Post
I'm sort of with Lisa -- not trying to think of what I miss as it makes me drool. However, I really DO miss 2 decades of my life when I haven't been in shape enough to enjoy life the way I should have. I'll have ice cream and raspberries and chocolate again. And I hope I'll be brave enough to go down hill skiing and white water rafting without worrying that I might get hurt, or fall out of the raft and not be able to pull myself up again... I don't think I'll ever take up jogging -- that just has zero appeal to me -- but I wouldn't mind riding my bike with my kids and being able to keep up.
ITA! I find it counter-productive to think or talk about what I miss. It messes with my mind. I do miss things and I get cavings but I use them as a challenge to find IP friendly choices. This will ensure I can have them now and later with equal success. For example I love Starbucks Gingerbread lattes and was missing them when they came out this winter. I found I could be equally satisfied with a Starbucks Via package, 1/2 tsp of gingerbread spices, IP vanilla pudding packet and 8oz water. Thick and yummy latte, totally OP.

On a similar note, I have a continued irritation with my mother, even though I know she means well. I'm visiting her again next weekend as I'm flying to Vancouver for a work conference and staying a couple extra days. When I talked to her yesterday, she was asking about what she shouldn't buy for vegetables on the first night I'm there. I usually do the shopping myself but there won't be much time because I arrive around her dinner time. I tried to answer with what she could buy but she focused on what I can't have. Irritating because I know at her age / memory state right now, she'll probably go to the store thinking to buy only the bad things.
KitKat169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 08:55 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 256.8/255.2/155

Height: 5'6''

I decided with this second and last round of IP that i also will not focus on what i can't have. God knows i had plenty of what i liked over the last year and a half. I've realized now after gaining all my weight back plus some, that my body really cannot digest carbs and sugar well. I've never been a small girl, and i don't expect to be (large frame, chest, butt and thighs). I just want to be healthy and feel good about myself, which i really don't after what i did to my body. I know in phase four i'll have "cheat days" or "day" and that will be an awesome treat when the time comes. For now, i just need to focus on staying on program and getting myself back to a healthy and happy state.
BrittStar027 is offline   Reply With Quote