Old 01-10-2013, 02:38 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 226/174.6/160

Height: 5'6

Default Make Ahead/Freezer Meal Ideas

Hi all!

I've found since New Years that I'm starting to spiral into wanting food I haven't allowed myself to have in 4 or 5 months since starting this journey. I think a big part of it is ease and availability to run to Sonic or wherever rather than cooking for one.

My plan is to trap myself in the kitchen this weekend and stock my freezer with meals so I have a variety and no excuse to not eat what I should be. I've got a couple of crock pot soups that I've made and frozen in the past and a few casseroles and chicken recipes that should freeze well. I also love quiche and have a base recipe that's ww friendly and am going to play around with different fillings and see how they freeze as individual pieces.

If anyone has any recipe suggestions, they would be appreciated and hopefully I'll be able to update with what freezes and re-heats well.

I usually surf skinnytaste.com and obsessively hang out on pinterest for ww recipe ideas.
KellinaKatrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 06:04 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 225/ticker/135

Height: 5'7''

I usually freeze portions of whatever I'm making
So I'll make three things of pasta sauce at once and then eat one that night, freeze two. Then just have to boil water for noodles.
Stew: potatos, stew meat, carrots, package of reduced sodium stew seasoning (because I'm lazy) - throw in a crock pot, freeze two or three portions after I eat dinner and then only have to microwave
I do that with soups too.. try cookinglight .com- they have lot of amazing recipes....
angiemama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 12:40 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 133.4/123.2/115

I do it with just about everything. Make a full meal, divide it into portions, and freeze. That way I don't need to think too much about what I'm going to eat. I can just pick anything that I've already made and warm it up. Soups are always stocked up in my freezer in one cup containers, but I also usually have burritos, meatballs, nuggets, burgers, casseroles, stews, beans, etc. Just about everything is cooked and ready to go in my freezer.
Munchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 01:07 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 226/174.6/160

Height: 5'6

thanks ladies!

From the cooking I did yesterday I have 28 meals in the freezer with a crock pot going with chili today to freeze.
KellinaKatrina is offline   Reply With Quote