UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 01-06-2013, 06:01 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 241/241/180

Height: 5ft 2

Default Newbie in UK

Hi everyone

I came across this site by accident and it looks great.

Ive always been on the large side but now Im hugely overweight. Im quite ashamed at how big I am and am embaressed to post my weight.

Im a comfort and boredom eater and as Im home alone all day I find it hard to stay away from food.

I started my healthy eating 4 days ago. Trying to do it myself by eating lots of fruit and veg and doing a little bit of exercise every day.

Would really appreciate some support and am very willing to return it in any way I can.

Thanks in advance

Sharon
Sharelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 10:01 PM   #2  
Determined to reach goal!

S/C/G: 224/201.0/150

Height: 5'7

Hi Sharon and welcome!

You're right, this place is great and without it I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have got to where I have over the last two years. I'm still not there yet, but once again I've called upon 3FC's to help me get closer.

In fact, all of my stats are wrong on here, but for now numbers don't matter to me, I'm working on getting the eating and fitness right, keeping my old lowest weight as a guide and hoping that I'll be pleased with the number I see on the scale when I next use one in probably April.

My advice is to get stuck in here, be it in UK chicks or the other boards. Say hello in our UK Chicks Chat thread, it gets checked more often than intro posts as people have it on their CP page.

Well done on making a start, keep at it, and when things go wrong, don't panic. Missing exercise or eating something 'bad' doesn't mean you've failed, it means you're learning how to really incorporate the changes into your life for the long term. Mistakes will happen, but you can and will get there.

Good luck and keep posting!
takingcontrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 08:52 AM   #3  

Thanks for the welcome. Ive been looking around on here and there are so many different areas to look at! lol
The problems Ive had before are that if I have a bad day, I give up but I really AM NOT going to do it this time. I dont want to be on a diet, I want to eat more healthily long term.

Now off to look around some more and thanks again

Sharon
Old 01-07-2013, 09:26 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 350/292/140

Height: 5f 7

Hey hun,

I have a lot of weight to loose, so I can sympathies with you. taking control has given you some great advice.

I am at home all day too with my 11 month old. so I pick and eat and am an emotional eater too.

well done on starting the healthy eating, you CAN do this

xxx
topsy81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 04:03 PM   #5  

Thankyou for the reply =)

Its so nice to hear from others in the same situation. Im doin pretty well so far, but its keeping it up that I have a problem with.
Its only been 5 days and Im already worrying about week 2 and 3.
Just really want to get my head in the right place because I feel thats where my problems lie.
I have a very bad relationship with food and I really need to change that.

So good luck with your journey and hope we cross paths again

Sharon
Old 01-07-2013, 04:22 PM   #6  

Hi Sharelle! Welcome!! You made the right choice to join this site, that's the first step! Take it one day at a time, it's a whole new lifestyle to learn.

When I first started, I concentrated on getting in 64oz of water a day and trying to walk 10 minutes a day (a huge feat for me). I also tried to drink tea or coffee (black so I didn't have the cream calories) when I was fighting off hunger or boredom. Sometimes it helps, sometimes it doesn't.

I track all of my calories on myfitnesspal.com and it's been an eye opener for me and my husband to learn the values of some foods. To think I used to drink so many calories in a Pepsi makes me sick now! I want my calories for food, not drinks lol.

Lean on us/these forums all you need to. Reading all the different posts keeps me occupied and not wanting to be raiding the fridge and cabinets.

Good luck in your journey, we can do it!
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 04:28 PM   #7  

I just saw your reply on star's intro. I'm so sorry to hear about your mum. Cancer is so devestating, I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. The hospital that I go to has their GYN and Neurology cancers in the same area and it breaks my heart to think about the patients I am sitting near that are battling brain cancer. My cancer is curable esp. when caught early (by having a hysterectomy) whereas those poor neurology patients don't have as much hope. Sure puts things in perspective.

Nice to meet you, I hope we get to chat more on different posts.
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 04:28 PM   #8  

Hi again! lol

We kind of 'met' on Stars thread =)

Im really hoping to lose some weight this year. Funny you should mention drinking water as Im terrible for drinking! I dont mean I drink alcohol, I meant I dont drink much at all so have been trying to do that since I started 5 days ago.
Im not calorie counting but am trying to eat healthily but think myfitnesspal might be worth a look as Im sure some things I may think are ok may not be!
Thanks again for the welcome and I look forward to talking again

Sharon