Old 01-06-2013, 10:14 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 201/192/160

Height: 5' 5.5"

Question Restarting: AKA Second Time's The Charm

Hi everyone,

I made the difficult decision to restart at phase 1 with my coach 15 months after reaching my goal weight in the fall of 2011. I did pretty well maintaining as long as I saw my coach once a month. She didn't suggest that I keep coming in periodically and it didn't occur to me that I might need to do that to keep my weight down. As soon as I lost that external accountability, I slowly started regaining. I had some limited and short-lived success losing some of the regained weight with alternatives that I purchased online but kept regaining.

Now, of course, I wish I had restarted with my coach sooner when I only had a few pounds to deal with instead of waiting until I had regained 15 of them. My goal weight is now 6 lbs less than it was last time. My coach thinks this will actually make it easier to maintain because I will have a higher lean mass to fat mass ratio.

Since I restarted, I have done well but I feel guilty having to shell out the money for IP products again. To make matters worse, the cost per box has gone up $1. Yesterday, I felt kinda sorry for myself and I felt kinda angry that I'm having to go through all of this again when I felt so sure I'd never have to.

I know I'm not alone in my situation as I know others of you have regained some or all of the lost weight. How did you deal with it and get through it?

Thanks,

Karen
karenfromtexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 12:53 PM   #2  

I know there is a thread on here called Maintaining and need a short reboot. You might want to check it out as you will have tons of support from those going through the same problems you are facing!
mightbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 02:22 PM   #3  

Thanks, Mightbe. I will check that out...

Karen
Old 01-06-2013, 03:04 PM   #4  
Started IP 3/26/12

Height: 5'5"

Here's the link referred to above - the folks here definitely share your situation.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...ne-else-7.html
evepet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 03:27 PM   #5  

Thanks, Evepet. I didn't think to look there before because I, clearly, need a bit more than a "short reboot"...

Karen
Old 01-06-2013, 03:47 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 234/231/180

Height: 5' 8"

I regained a bit and am now about 15 - 20 over...I'm using all alternatives. It's working well for me. I'm visiting this site daily to check in and read how others are doing... You want it so you'll get there again!!!
New Englander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 03:48 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 234/231/180

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by karenfromtexas View Post
Thanks, Evepet. I didn't think to look there before because I, clearly, need a bit more than a "short reboot"...

Karen
LOL!!! I just read this. Yeah, quite a few of us in there need more than a "short reboot"... I also like to go back to the daily chat... Keep checking in and reading!!!
New Englander is offline   Reply With Quote