Old 01-05-2013, 11:57 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 396/351/160

Height: 5'7"

Default Unexpected benefit

Just went grocery shopping. Even with getting a lot of veggies and fruit, my grocery bill without the junk food was a lot less. I've heard a lot of people complain about the cost of dieting, but this time of year, I buy a lot of the fruit and veggies frozen as the nutrients are the same, and they're a lot cheaper that way. Just a nice surprise.

Any suggestions on what to do with the extra money?
betsy2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 12:21 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 181/148.8/129

Height: 5'3"

Save it!

Well...that's my goal but, personally, I sometimes hit the bookstore up for some extra fun...>.>

You could always hold onto it and then buy some nice clothes once you hit your target. =)

Last edited by Doomkitty; 01-05-2013 at 12:21 PM.
Doomkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 10:33 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 396/351/160

Height: 5'7"

I think I'll save it, but put it where I can see it as opposed to transferring money to the savings account. Maybe include money saved on groceries plus $10 for every pound lost......there are going to have to be several wardrobes during this journey.

I had a friend who bought a very large garbage can and for every pound she lost, she put a pound of sand in that garbage can. When she wanted to cheat, she went out to the garage and tried to lift the garbage can. She said that even with 10 pounds, it was amazing to try to lift it and carry it around. She said that once she hit the 50 pound mark, it just exhausted her.

Maybe I need to invest in some sand as well!
betsy2013 is offline   Reply With Quote