General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2003, 03:12 PM   #1  

Wink Susan Powters new book "The Politics of Stupid"

Have you read it and , if so, what did you think?

I just finished it and while I didn't find it a polished as her others is is still definitely SUSAN. I am again exercising so it has at least gotten me moving again.
Old 05-13-2003, 09:48 PM   #2  

I loved her!

I haven't read the book, but I've since learned that 'Stop the Insanity' and 'Food' work on the principle that fat makes us fat. I spent years following low fat diets, heavily influenced by what I read in her books, but got nowhere.

I've since learned that fat has a lot of calories, but it isn't what makes us fat, so I'm convinced that she got her weight loss from excercise, not her diet. She was a dancer, after all.

And most of the info in her previous books are mostly about diet.

At the beginning of February I started the Zone diet and have lost 40 lbs in a little over 3 months and have more energy, sleep better, and am in control of my hunger. The zone teaches that all of the hi density carbs and sugar that we eat cause our insulin levels to raise, storing fat, and that if we balance protein, carbs and fat our insulin levels stay level, allowing the body to release its fat stores.

There is a $7 paperback called 'A Week In The Zone' by Dr. Barry Sears if you're interested in checking it out. This tells some basics about it and how it works.

There is also an online detailed course about it at zoneperfect.com.
http://www.zoneperfect.com/site/cont...terTheZone.asp

This tells everything about it from start to finish. I've also written a lot about my progress in the message board:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...threadid=24503
Old 05-21-2003, 09:45 AM   #3  

I still love her. I went from a 22 to a 12 when I followed her plan. Unfortunately, I have to do it again since my hubby revolted and I followed his suit. LOL! That is ok though because I know I can do it.

Congrats on your success with The Zone but I just can't buy or learn another plan at this time. I bought Suzanne Somers and then Atkins at the beginning of the year and lost and gained the same 5 pounds for 3 months. With Susan P's plan I have kept off that original 5 and added 2 more to it. Just a drop in the bucket and I know I have a long way to go but it is something I am comfortable with and I am sick of changing plans so am going to stick with this one for a while. I feel so much better. I am up to 45 minutes a day on my treadmill and have started drinking water again so I feel like I am on the right track for me.

Thanks though for the info. I will keep it in my if I feel I need it in the future.
Closed Thread